PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
Thanks Eehrhard...

When I set up UL previously I tried batterystatus and hated it, which is why I was shying away from it this time, but after investing some time on xda, I've got batterystatus set up the way I like... almost. I'll post pics in a day or two, and I'll be happy to share my batterystatus xml with anyone who's interested.

Here's another question.. any chance batterystatus would play nice with having two instances running? I'd like to set up my "notifications" line to be static at the top of my today screen, but I'd like the clock and other stuff on a page in UL.

Any input?

Edit: The short answer: No, batterystatus can't have two instances running...

So, to rephrase my question... Is there another app that I can use to configure a nice digital clock/date screen?

Here's my what my today screen looks like.. I'd like to stay similar to this... Currently, everything in the blue theme is static and UL exists below, but I'd like more room on my screen for UL so I don't have to have 7 UL pages... I'd like to find a nice clock today plugin that I can have on one screen, and I'll just keep the notification bar from Batterystatus..

You can try rlToday. It is similar to battery status. I havent tried it but it is pretty customizable just like BatteryStatus. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
You can try rlToday. It is similar to battery status. I havent tried it but it is pretty customizable just like BatteryStatus. Let us know how it goes.
I actually just downloaded pocket clock... I'm gonna check it out and customize batterystatus so that it's just the notification bar and make that static with everything else UL...

However, I've got a new question.. I was consolidating tabs, and I deleted the default tab.. I moved the UL customization app into a different tab, but ever since I deleted the default tab, I CANNOT get UL to load...

Got any advice on how to fix this?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo wx
Carrier: sprint

freeflow504 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to freeflow504

Very true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
Like any program of PPC. If you try hard enough you will probably find a way around paying for it. I'm pretty sure the developer of this isnt a company. Just a guy working hard for our enjoyment. If we dont pay for his software then who's to say he will keep improving it. Just a though...
Old 04-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC

printelf is a n00b

I downloaded ultimate launch I am a real newbie to this. I have HTC ppc6800 which should be the same as titian/mogul from what I have read. I could be wrong. Anyway, I can't get it to download am I just being stupid I get an error message that this is not a geniune ppc software and then blank screen. Any advice.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
I actually just downloaded pocket clock... I'm gonna check it out and customize batterystatus so that it's just the notification bar and make that static with everything else UL...

However, I've got a new question.. I was consolidating tabs, and I deleted the default tab.. I moved the UL customization app into a different tab, but ever since I deleted the default tab, I CANNOT get UL to load...

Got any advice on how to fix this?
Can you get to the UL config from start menu or by going to \program Files\UltimateLaunch\UltimateLaunchConfig.exe?

Try going to one of your other tabs and make it the default by choosing Open at start up from the Tab tab at the bottom. I dont know if this will work or not but its worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by printelf View Post
I downloaded ultimate launch I am a real newbie to this. I have HTC ppc6800 which should be the same as titian/mogul from what I have read. I could be wrong. Anyway, I can't get it to download am I just being stupid I get an error message that this is not a geniune ppc software and then blank screen. Any advice.
Are you installing it to the phone? I would just say to try again. Maybe re-download it. Many of us have 6800s and have had no problems installing it.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO4G

mawst95 is keeping up the good workmawst95 is keeping up the good work

Just a few UL tips (maybe a repeat):

1. Make sure that you don't have a today plugin checked on the today items AND within UL. It DOES not like multiple instances, particularly with Battery Status. I've had to Hard Reset a number of times on my vogue due to this.

Example: Lets say you have Battery Status as a tap within UL. It should not be checked in today items. Now lets say you decide to upgrade to a newer version of BS. When you install the newer version, it will automatically add it/activate it to the today items causing a conflict. So to be safe, before installing a new version, change the BS plugin within UL to somehting else (like device lock or something else you're not using at all). Then install it, uncheck BS in the today items, then readd it to UL.

2. I've had phone alarm and metrix NOT play nice with UL on my vogue, YMMV.

3. Today Agenda works nice as a calendar plugin, although recently I've switched to SBSH pocket breeze for added power and a more interactive GUI. I'm a big fan of most of SBSH's software. I use phoneweaver as my profile manager

4. You can make buttons/favorites of URL's to launch directly from a tab. Combined with the Operadefault mortscript plugin, this is pretty useful.

5. If UL disappears on you, uncheck it within the today items, soft reset, recheck it in the today items and--if needed--soft reset again.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc vogue

up2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuff

Just received an email from daniel, Creator of ultimate launch. He is currently working on a new version!!!!!!! Here are some things we can look forward to in his new release

What can we expect for the new version?
- more font setting (color, size, weight, face, distance to icon,
positioning to icon, everything possible for each tab separately)
- easier configuration of icons
- PNG support
- external program for instructing UltimateLaunch to switch to a
specific/the next/the previous tab
- disabling of tabs
- new animation
- and more, wait and see (icon reflections, hopefully some more dynamic
effects (depends on the perforemance))
Old 04-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Im happy with Pocket plus, and I see very little functionality as I have more tabs and space than I know what to do with. The only interesting item is the animation, which is hideous. Does it have any other ones?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc vogue

up2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuff

slide and blend are my fav animations. I like U.L because of the small footprint it has
Old 04-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
Im happy with Pocket plus, and I see very little functionality as I have more tabs and space than I know what to do with. The only interesting item is the animation, which is hideous. Does it have any other ones?
There are like 4 or 5 animations. I personally like the cube with the tabs turned off. Its way more customizable than PP and has uses very little memory.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software