Old 04-21-2008, 09:39 PM
mawst95
PPCGeeks Regular

mawst95 is keeping up the good workmawst95 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Just a few UL tips (maybe a repeat):

1. Make sure that you don't have a today plugin checked on the today items AND within UL. It DOES not like multiple instances, particularly with Battery Status. I've had to Hard Reset a number of times on my vogue due to this.

Example: Lets say you have Battery Status as a tap within UL. It should not be checked in today items. Now lets say you decide to upgrade to a newer version of BS. When you install the newer version, it will automatically add it/activate it to the today items causing a conflict. So to be safe, before installing a new version, change the BS plugin within UL to somehting else (like device lock or something else you're not using at all). Then install it, uncheck BS in the today items, then readd it to UL.

2. I've had phone alarm and metrix NOT play nice with UL on my vogue, YMMV.

3. Today Agenda works nice as a calendar plugin, although recently I've switched to SBSH pocket breeze for added power and a more interactive GUI. I'm a big fan of most of SBSH's software. I use phoneweaver as my profile manager

4. You can make buttons/favorites of URL's to launch directly from a tab. Combined with the Operadefault mortscript plugin, this is pretty useful.

5. If UL disappears on you, uncheck it within the today items, soft reset, recheck it in the today items and--if needed--soft reset again.