PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahfagan1465x View Post
Oooh you bet! I have to figure out the .ico file in ps but once I do that it's game on!
I have cs3 but i am not that good with it. I use Axialis Icon Workshop to create my icos. Its really easy to use you can convert pretty much any image format and it automatically creates all the different sizes needed.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

up2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
You being the design type can probably make all kinds of awesome icons for us too!
Check out my icons for ul here Axialis Icon Workshop Rocks. Its one of the only programs I could find that does a good job of transparencies.

Last edited by up2no6ood; 04-11-2008 at 08:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 Mogul

stephdshel is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to stephdshel

Ok I am coming to the ppc cause if you can't help then its a wash. Not sure whether this question has been asked but I did look .. I am having trouble putting tabs in .. I can add website just fine. However when I try and add programs that are all ready listed I get an error message once I go back to the main tab that I want to add the program to. I have tried exe and lnk and still nothing
Old 04-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Has anyone experience with both UL and SPB Mobile Shell and might be able to compare and contrast the two "environments". I'm in the midst of a 15 day trial on Mobile Shell and like it but came across those of you here that LOVE UL.

I like Mobile Shell's form factor so far. Easy to use without the stylus. Seems well organized and simple to understand and set up. Seems less customizable but also easier to set up because of it.

UL seems SUPER customizable. So much that it looks like it'll take a while to make it "mine". I also seem to have trouble with my gestures to spin the menus and not invoke an icon within.

Anything I really NEED to know before I send money to one or the other? Thanks.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

up2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuffup2no6ood knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdshel View Post
Ok I am coming to the ppc cause if you can't help then its a wash. Not sure whether this question has been asked but I did look .. I am having trouble putting tabs in .. I can add website just fine. However when I try and add programs that are all ready listed I get an error message once I go back to the main tab that I want to add the program to. I have tried exe and lnk and still nothing
The error message in ul is caused by several reasons. Most are caused by;
Using icon with text and not entering any text.
Using xp icon selection and not specifying an icon.
Using a icon size that is not supported by the icon. typical sizes are 24, 36, 48, 64, 78.

Until file path is set, icon size, icon image "if using xp icons", text "if using icon with text, ultimate launch will display an error.

Last edited by up2no6ood; 04-11-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 Mogul

stephdshel is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to stephdshel

Thanks... I have seen the ERROR of my ways .. I also have downloaded your icons I love them
Old 04-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
Has anyone experience with both UL and SPB Mobile Shell and might be able to compare and contrast the two "environments". I'm in the midst of a 15 day trial on Mobile Shell and like it but came across those of you here that LOVE UL.

I like Mobile Shell's form factor so far. Easy to use without the stylus. Seems well organized and simple to understand and set up. Seems less customizable but also easier to set up because of it.

UL seems SUPER customizable. So much that it looks like it'll take a while to make it "mine". I also seem to have trouble with my gestures to spin the menus and not invoke an icon within.

Anything I really NEED to know before I send money to one or the other? Thanks.
I think you hit it on the head with us that LOVE UL it is the fact that you can do so much and it is so tightly integrated. I have been using it for months now and still tweak it all the time. Its like my phone in that regard I am always adding and removing programs and tweaking and UL is an extension of that.

I used mobil shell for a while and ended up unstalling it and never purchasing it. Now this was before the latest version so I cant speak much to that as i have heard good things about it but I didnt like the "feel" of it. It was pretty much the same problems I have with WAD and WA3 they do too much to the interface. I was a big PocketPlus guy before UL though and I think the comparison is really between UL and PP as they are both launchers at thier core. I still have PP as i kept it for all of the other features besides the today plugin. UL does have a bit of a learning curve but I like that and it isnt so hard to use you get frustrated and you dont have to know xml or any programming for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2no6ood View Post
Check out my icons for ul here Axialis Icon Workshop Rocks. Its one of the only programs I could find that does a good job of transparencies.

I do like your icon set. I dont really use the square button type icons but you have put together quite a set. I am currently all about the GANT, MiniGant, MicroGant etc. from deviantart. They are all original drawings which I find pretty cool and the names of the icos are hilarious.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hmmm can you post a link of those icons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
I think you hit it on the head with us that LOVE UL it is the fact that you can do so much and it is so tightly integrated. I have been using it for months now and still tweak it all the time. Its like my phone in that regard I am always adding and removing programs and tweaking and UL is an extension of that.

I used mobil shell for a while and ended up unstalling it and never purchasing it. Now this was before the latest version so I cant speak much to that as i have heard good things about it but I didnt like the "feel" of it. It was pretty much the same problems I have with WAD and WA3 they do too much to the interface. I was a big PocketPlus guy before UL though and I think the comparison is really between UL and PP as they are both launchers at thier core. I still have PP as i kept it for all of the other features besides the today plugin. UL does have a bit of a learning curve but I like that and it isnt so hard to use you get frustrated and you dont have to know xml or any programming for that matter.

I do like your icon set. I dont really use the square button type icons but you have put together quite a set. I am currently all about the GANT, MiniGant, MicroGant etc. from deviantart. They are all original drawings which I find pretty cool and the names of the icos are hilarious.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2no6ood View Post
hmmm can you post a link of those icons?
Here is the artists page at deviant art
http://mattahan.deviantart.com/gallery/#Icons

here is a sample of the art style. He has 100's if not thousands of icons. They are made for computers in general so many do not pertain to ppc but between sets he has made about everything you could need.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

gofawkurself is a n00b

great icons.
slight problem I've had with mine. I cant change the icons. eveytime i go to my ico's or png's it just shows the same ico for all of them. stumped.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software