Thread: Ultimate Launch
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 05:04 PM
eehrhard
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
Has anyone experience with both UL and SPB Mobile Shell and might be able to compare and contrast the two "environments". I'm in the midst of a 15 day trial on Mobile Shell and like it but came across those of you here that LOVE UL.

I like Mobile Shell's form factor so far. Easy to use without the stylus. Seems well organized and simple to understand and set up. Seems less customizable but also easier to set up because of it.

UL seems SUPER customizable. So much that it looks like it'll take a while to make it "mine". I also seem to have trouble with my gestures to spin the menus and not invoke an icon within.

Anything I really NEED to know before I send money to one or the other? Thanks.
I think you hit it on the head with us that LOVE UL it is the fact that you can do so much and it is so tightly integrated. I have been using it for months now and still tweak it all the time. Its like my phone in that regard I am always adding and removing programs and tweaking and UL is an extension of that.

I used mobil shell for a while and ended up unstalling it and never purchasing it. Now this was before the latest version so I cant speak much to that as i have heard good things about it but I didnt like the "feel" of it. It was pretty much the same problems I have with WAD and WA3 they do too much to the interface. I was a big PocketPlus guy before UL though and I think the comparison is really between UL and PP as they are both launchers at thier core. I still have PP as i kept it for all of the other features besides the today plugin. UL does have a bit of a learning curve but I like that and it isnt so hard to use you get frustrated and you dont have to know xml or any programming for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2no6ood View Post
Check out my icons for ul here Axialis Icon Workshop Rocks. Its one of the only programs I could find that does a good job of transparencies.

I do like your icon set. I dont really use the square button type icons but you have put together quite a set. I am currently all about the GANT, MiniGant, MicroGant etc. from deviantart. They are all original drawings which I find pretty cool and the names of the icos are hilarious.