PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 05:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Full-screen caller ID!!!!

I am wondering if anybody has tried this idea I have.... I would like to have a full-screen caller ID screen, and I know PhotoContacts Pro will do just that, but what I don't know is if that is ALL I can use it for......(now before I get all the other capabilities tossed at me, that is not the way I meant that statement LOL)

What I mean is.......Can I use this app for full-screen caller ID ONLY? I worry it may clash with PhoneAlarm which I have scaled and matching my Today screen perfectly, and PocketCM which I love for SMS and everyday contact look-up. Also I don't need the picture dial function because between having a Treo and SPB MobileShell, I have more than enough already.

Thanks for any opinions, or even other app suggestions for the capability I am looking for.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris

badfrog is a n00b
just use slide2unlock for full screen caller ID
Old 02-12-2008, 06:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Actually I have used S2U2 almost since day one (of the previous incarnation at that), but the caller ID goes all flukey on my phone, I don't hear an incomming call untill the fifth ring (if at all) a LOT, and even when I hear it, there are times I can't anser it. That is the app that got me hooked on full-screen caller ID though, I really wish that one worked, that is EXACTLY what I want!!!!

Thanks
Old 02-12-2008, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b
i no what u mean.. ever since i used s2u2 my phone has had a huge delay.. so i just got rid of it
Old 02-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris

badfrog is a n00b
odd, I use s2u2 and have no problems. I also have photocontacts pro isntalled, which is what I was using for my fullscreen caller ID, but have disabled the called ID feature in it now that use s2u2 for it.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
I don't like photo contacts pro, it seems to take over the whole phone and was not very intuitive to use. I also use S2U2.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfrog View Post
just use slide2unlock for full screen caller ID
I didn't know that it would do that!! I don't want the slide to lock part. Can I just use it as a call id?? Is it customizable enough to do that?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 View Post
I didn't know that it would do that!! I don't want the slide to lock part. Can I just use it as a call id?? Is it customizable enough to do that?
Go to S2U2 Settings and Turn "Lock When Device Wakes Up" And Lock When Backlight turns off" to off
Old 02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
not sure what the point is in a full screen caller ID...i think the half screen that is default on the mogul is plenty big haha
Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
not sure what the point is in a full screen caller ID...i think the half screen that is default on the mogul is plenty big haha
The entire caller id takes up somewhat half but the picture is small. I think thats what he meant

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software