PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 10:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

bjhotch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Full-screen caller ID!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I am wondering if anybody has tried this idea I have.... I would like to have a full-screen caller ID screen, and I know PhotoContacts Pro will do just that, but what I don't know is if that is ALL I can use it for......(now before I get all the other capabilities tossed at me, that is not the way I meant that statement LOL)

What I mean is.......Can I use this app for full-screen caller ID ONLY? I worry it may clash with PhoneAlarm which I have scaled and matching my Today screen perfectly, and PocketCM which I love for SMS and everyday contact look-up. Also I don't need the picture dial function because between having a Treo and SPB MobileShell, I have more than enough already.

Thanks for any opinions, or even other app suggestions for the capability I am looking for.
I have both installed and there's some capabilities that PhotoContacts Pro will stomp on, but they can co-exist once you figure out what those are. Both have their niche for me.

Brian
Old 02-21-2008, 03:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch 6900
Carrier: Sprint

milojax is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to milojax

I wish that s2u2 would have the text picture id like the photocontacts pro.. Do you use it and does it work well??
Old 02-21-2008, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I loved S2U2 caller ID before it started getting flukey on my phone, I tried Photocontacts Pro as well, and was astonished that it had the same type of call response lag that S2U2 did, and most of the call screen formats had even smaller answer buttons than my stock one did...that was the main thing I loved about S2U2 was a LARGE answer button (fat fingers....what can I say?)!!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milojax is a n00b

Quote:
I loved S2U2 caller ID before it started getting flukey on my phone, I tried Photocontacts Pro as well, and was astonished that it had the same type of call response lag that S2U2 did, and most of the call screen formats had even smaller answer buttons than my stock one did...that was the main thing I loved about S2U2 was a LARGE answer button (fat fingers....what can I say?)!!!!
Did you like the picture id for text? or did you not use that? I do alot of text and the only thing i dont like is having to look at the small print to see who its from with a pic i could see it with a glance..
Old 02-21-2008, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by milojax View Post
Did you like the picture id for text? or did you not use that? I do alot of text and the only thing i dont like is having to look at the small print to see who its from with a pic i could see it with a glance..
picture ID for text? Do you mean identifying the caller via picture instead of text, ot the two working together? I actually liked both. If you use A_C's S2V to assign the caller ID pics, they come out looking nice, and I always felt the text was plenty large enough for me. I love the app as a whole, and loved using it, the ONLY reason I don't use it (for caller ID at least) is that it started causing a 3 to 5 ring lag between the caller hearing the ring, and my phone actually ringing, a lot of times going directly to voicemail!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milojax is a n00b

I saw the Photocontacts Pro page and saw that when you get a text it has a bubble with test and photo on the home screen but on my touch i just get the bubble at the bottom of the screen with the name (from) and the text no photo. I dont have Photocontacts Pro I do have s2u2 ,s2v and use it for the caller id works good for me i dont get the lag that you do. Anyway after i open the test it will show me a picture in the top of the text but not on the home screen. Thats what i was asking about the text photo or someone maybe making one.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I see what you mean now....sorry about the confusion....I see what you mean now, I am not too familiar with texting, I do use PocketCM, and when I get a text, the PocketCM screen will pop up (as long as I have the app running) with the list of contacts with SMS pushing the sender to the top of the list, and their picture does show as well. The view isn't the largest in the world, but I like it.

(I hope I got it right this time!!!)
Old 02-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

faleem412 is a n00b

how do you install S2U2?
Old 02-22-2008, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milojax is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by faleem412 View Post
how do you install S2U2?
Go here and look at #2 it is not hard you can do it easy....
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...736#post188736
Old 02-22-2008, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milojax is a n00b

Quote:
I see what you mean now....sorry about the confusion....I see what you mean now, I am not too familiar with texting, I do use PocketCM, and when I get a text, the PocketCM screen will pop up (as long as I have the app running) with the list of contacts with SMS pushing the sender to the top of the list, and their picture does show as well. The view isn't the largest in the world, but I like it.

(I hope I got it right this time!!!)
Hey didnt see you there... Thanks for the info glad you got what i was trying to get at....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software