PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
Pros:
1. Great UI
2. Speedy launch despite 1.3+ mb ram foot print
3. Full Screen
4. adjusts to show inputed text when KB is brought up.

Cons:
1. lack of options or preset texts or even smileys.

2. cant send text to emails

3. smileys arent shown graphically.

4. not counted by default windows sms counter, (but slide2unlock reads it temporarily)

5. not compatible with htc today plugin

6. no today plugin for easy access. (although a simple reg hack allows to rename/re-route the left softkey to the app.

7. the alert takes you out of what your doing and even appears on top of slide2unlock screen.

8. the alert shows complete message (lack of privacy)

9. Texts are sometimes late sending/receiving

10. Doesn't utilize eT9, AutoComplete or Add Word. (no Touch keypad/keyboard)

-----------
heres how 2 route it to ur left sofkey via registry edit.

HKEY_Current User/Software/Microsoft/Today/Keys/112

Change (Default) to SMS (or whatever you wanna call it)
Change Open String to \Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe
Soft Reset
(thats if its installed on ur device. alter it if ur running it from your storage card)
--------------------

overall i'd say its cool for a 1st version. its more form over function right now. So im goin back to palm messaging for now. Covered up input and all. lol.
6/10
Nice summary...thanks Malibu. All the more reason I'm gonna wait on this.

late,
Coz
Old 02-05-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

arcanecho is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That's a great write up by malibu. Malibu, you should send that to the support e-mail posted by Success100.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
Pros:
1. Great UI
2. Speedy launch despite 1.3+ mb ram foot print
3. Full Screen
4. adjusts to show inputed text when KB is brought up.

Cons:
1. lack of options or preset texts or even smileys.

2. cant send text to emails

3. smileys arent shown graphically.

4. not counted by default windows sms counter, (but slide2unlock reads it temporarily)

5. not compatible with htc today plugin

6. no today plugin for easy access. (although a simple reg hack allows to rename/re-route the left softkey to the app.

7. the alert takes you out of what your doing and even appears on top of slide2unlock screen.

8. the alert shows complete message (lack of privacy)

9. Texts are sometimes late sending/receiving

10. Doesn't utilize eT9, AutoComplete or Add Word. (no Touch keypad/keyboard)

-----------
heres how 2 route it to ur left sofkey via registry edit.

HKEY_Current User/Software/Microsoft/Today/Keys/112

Change (Default) to SMS (or whatever you wanna call it)
Change Open String to \Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe
Soft Reset
(thats if its installed on ur device. alter it if ur running it from your storage card)
--------------------

overall i'd say its cool for a 1st version. its more form over function right now. So im goin back to palm messaging for now. Covered up input and all. lol.
6/10
yeah im pretty happy with it despite its bugs, ive found that there isnt a copy/paste function in it either. Im still on the fence about this, i love the UI its so fast and functional, and also has a few features the palm app doesnt have, but misses out on alot of important things that i do need. I have also found the resolution/work around to the delay problem. It seems when i just minimize the app/ hit the ok button below the screen, that messages go thru fine when the app is running. 99% of the time the messages go right thru. If the app isnt running or if i close it out, the messages will sit in the outbox until i press the mail hard button and the messaging account picker shows up, and then I see the "EV" icon change to "1X" and the message goes right thru. I dont know what the mail button has to do with this, but basically as long as app is kept open, it works fine. Never hangs or lags or causes my phone to hiccup when its running in the background. Hey whatever I came across the cracked version b4 they took it down anyways!

Oh yeah and the privacy problem is a big big issue, it even brings it in front of s2u2 AND devicelock, both running at the same time!!!!

Last edited by Success100; 02-06-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
Oh yeah and the privacy problem is a big big issue, it even brings it in front of s2u2 AND devicelock, both running at the same time!!!!
Well to fix that its simple.

Stop havin them nasty text conversations.

Challenge me into a game of COD4. If you dare.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279
Quote:
Originally Posted by eballin View Post
idk why this is happening to me but all my new imcoming txt go str8 to my old threaded messages. if i delete my old sms would that fix the problem?
If you were using palm/codyppc's threaded messaging, SMS-chat wont work and they'll keep being intercept by the other threaded messaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knether View Post
Yeh, I'm not sure if it intercepts the texts as well.

When i text'd myself, I didnt see it intercept it, my PALM came into play.
Same as above, won't work with palm installed

Quote:
The only thing i noticed about it is this.

Once you get a SMS it clears it out of you SMS inbox, so if you have a SMS counter on any program like (S2U2 or WAD) it will not show up that you have a missed text message.

Its a bummer.
Mine still shows up in my S2U2 fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
I think they were trying to make it a bit like the iPhone's which pops up on the screen like that

Overall, I'd say this is a great program. I dont usually send text to email so thats not a problem, I use PCMkeyboard so it has its on copy/paste feature and I actually like the "password" layout of the Touch keyboard anyway. This program is working flawless for me
Old 02-06-2008, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Quote:
Well to fix that its simple.

Stop havin them nasty text conversations.
lol u silly im addicted to women i cant help it lol
Old 02-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff
I am also on the fence a little with this. I have been using this program for a couple days. At first, I was soooo stoked. I have a touch and the problem with the palm threaded text, is that when you put the keyboard up, it just covers the line where you are typing, so you are typing blindly. I got used to using the transcriber, but didn't love it. So now...finally...a threaded sms that I can use keyboards for!!! For those of you who don't like how it has the 'password' keyboard, try using the ZoomBoard from the same site.(www.iwindowsmobile.com) I've been using it with no problems. The main issue I have with this program is that when I receive a picture mail, it comes through as a web link and you can't click on web links in this program. I would suck it up if I could at least cut/copy it and paste it in my web browser, but you can't even do that which now renders what little access we have to Sprint picture mail completely useless!! I did email them with the issue and hopefully they come out with a new version with all of our fixes combined! All of their programs are pretty sweet though, you should check out all of em!!
Old 02-07-2008, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b
well that was the biggest problem for me. there wasnt anyway to get to your pics.. but what program did u (Mrchainsaw) like the most? and i also found out that the resco keyboard works REALLY real with this. so that might temp me to go bac lol
Old 02-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

type993 is a n00b
That is one SLICK interface. Add me to the list of those waiting on more development on this. Sadly since seeing this now my current threaded sms app looks like 1980's trash.

weak.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by eballin View Post
well that was the biggest problem for me. there wasnt anyway to get to your pics.. but what program did u (Mrchainsaw) like the most? and i also found out that the resco keyboard works REALLY real with this. so that might temp me to go bac lol
I like the SMS-Chat, but the Fun Contacts program is sweet too. It works great and has the same look and function as SMS-Chat. I deinstalled PocketCM and I like this one WAY better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software