PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Big Tone

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Question about phonealarm

I am interested in trying out phonealarm, but have a question from the existing users:

Can phonealarm automatically change activesync settings based on which computer it's connected to?

For some reason I am not able to sync contacts and calendar with both the mail2web personal exchange server and my work pc. I'd like a program to detect that I'm connected to my work pc and change my activesync settings to switch from connecting to the mail2web server to my laptop, and vice versa once I disconnect from the computer. Is this possible?
Old 12-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Don't think phone alarm is able to do that.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: AT&T

jamaa124 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jamaa124 Send a message via AIM to jamaa124 Send a message via MSN to jamaa124 Send a message via Yahoo to jamaa124 Send a message via Skype™ to jamaa124
Re: Question about phonealarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tone
I am interested in trying out phonealarm, but have a question from the existing users:

Can phonealarm automatically change activesync settings based on which computer it's connected to?

For some reason I am not able to sync contacts and calendar with both the mail2web personal exchange server and my work pc. I'd like a program to detect that I'm connected to my work pc and change my activesync settings to switch from connecting to the mail2web server to my laptop, and vice versa once I disconnect from the computer. Is this possible?
one of the reasons that i got rid of phonealarm is because it keep preventing me from connecting to my pc using activesync. the message that i kept getting was that my phone was in flight mode. eventually, i'd have to do a hard reset because i could never actually get rid of the program...even after uninstalling it.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Question about phonealarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaa124

one of the reasons that i got rid of phonealarm is because it keep preventing me from connecting to my pc using activesync. the message that i kept getting was that my phone was in flight mode. eventually, i'd have to do a hard reset because i could never actually get rid of the program...even after uninstalling it.
That sounds like you had it setup that way under configuration: that is when set it up under profiles/schedule, you can have it switch to a certain profile based on if the device is plugged in or connected to AS. That's not a bug, but you were probably not aware of that setting and accidentally enabled it.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: AT&T

jamaa124 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jamaa124 Send a message via AIM to jamaa124 Send a message via MSN to jamaa124 Send a message via Yahoo to jamaa124 Send a message via Skype™ to jamaa124
i learn something new everyday
Old 12-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Big Tone

I was initially interested in phonealarm because I read it allows you to set on/off times for the radio. I installed the trial but didn't see that option. It also isn't too pleasing on the eyes, so I uninstalled it (again). Maybe once I've worked with WM for a while I'll be able to configure it properly. Right now its just not what I'm looking for.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
I was initially interested in phonealarm because I read it allows you to set on/off times for the radio. I installed the trial but didn't see that option. It also isn't too pleasing on the eyes, so I uninstalled it (again). Maybe once I've worked with WM for a while I'll be able to configure it properly. Right now its just not what I'm looking for.
On/Off for radio is done via Profiles.

So you set up a profile, call it Home: Radio On, BT On, Brightness on battery= 40%, Volume for notifications = 80%, Volume for phone calls = 80%

You can then set it to automatically come on: M, W, F = 8:30am, T, Th= 8:45 am

Now setup a profile, call it Night: Radio Off, BT off, Brigtness on battery = 20%, Volume for notifications = 0%, etc. etc. Have it turn "on" every night, 11pm.

You just have to take 10 mins and read the manual. Everyone seems to avoid that part but it's too overwhelming to just "figure it out".

As far as "not pleasing to the eye" that's why it's skinable and there are tons and tons of skins (or make your own). There are even some nice ones posted here at ppcgeeks.

I recently tried to go with PA and try some different setups. I didn't even last 12 hours. With the repeating notifications, LED support, Volume and brightness control and automatic profile switching (so I don't even have to think about it), it's a no brainer for my needs.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Big Tone

Alright! I'll try it again. I don't recall seeing a manual when I downloaded it before. I'll check for it the next time I install it.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Alright! I'll try it again. I don't recall seeing a manual when I downloaded it before. I'll check for it the next time I install it.
Here ya go.

http://www.pocketmax.net/pA_User.pdf

Or download the attachment provided below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip phonealarm_userguide_949.zip (175.2 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

D-Bo is a n00b
Phone Alarm was the first piece of software I bought and I quickly skinned to the JinksClear theme and it's great. Very clean and compact.

Thanks for the user guide download.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software