View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tone
I was initially interested in phonealarm because I read it allows you to set on/off times for the radio. I installed the trial but didn't see that option. It also isn't too pleasing on the eyes, so I uninstalled it (again). Maybe once I've worked with WM for a while I'll be able to configure it properly. Right now its just not what I'm looking for.
On/Off for radio is done via Profiles.

So you set up a profile, call it Home: Radio On, BT On, Brightness on battery= 40%, Volume for notifications = 80%, Volume for phone calls = 80%

You can then set it to automatically come on: M, W, F = 8:30am, T, Th= 8:45 am

Now setup a profile, call it Night: Radio Off, BT off, Brigtness on battery = 20%, Volume for notifications = 0%, etc. etc. Have it turn "on" every night, 11pm.

You just have to take 10 mins and read the manual. Everyone seems to avoid that part but it's too overwhelming to just "figure it out".

As far as "not pleasing to the eye" that's why it's skinable and there are tons and tons of skins (or make your own). There are even some nice ones posted here at ppcgeeks.

I recently tried to go with PA and try some different setups. I didn't even last 12 hours. With the repeating notifications, LED support, Volume and brightness control and automatic profile switching (so I don't even have to think about it), it's a no brainer for my needs.