PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: my new website come and visit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandboy3000 View Post
thanks, but wouldnt that sort of be illegal i mean microsoft makes you pay for it and their just giving it to you for free... i t5hink im just going to get c++ express though. Thanks for trying to help though.
Nope, dreamspark is a MIcrosoft supported project. Read through it and it explains how and why they do it. I think the only requirement that you might not meet is that you need a ".edu" email address, which, unfortunately most students your age do not have. I don't think thats a requirement for all the programs though. You will need a windows live ID or hotmail email to sign in though.

EDIT: Just checked on the Visual Studio and you do need a .edu email address for that. You can also pick your school (most are colleges and universities) from the dropdown list.

Totally legit.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 05-23-2010 at 05:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

good info guys. i think there should be someone here that could help get a .edu email for him. my kid is 15 and would bend over backwards for him if he showed this kind of talent. but too busy with either playstation or psp stuck to his face.

grandboy, i encourage you not to give up. now let me step out and visit your site.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
good info guys. i think there should be someone here that could help get a .edu email for him. my kid is 15 and would bend over backwards for him if he showed this kind of talent. but too busy with either playstation or psp stuck to his face.

grandboy, i encourage you not to give up. now let me step out and visit your site.
I actually thought of that. I still have two current .edu emails from my undergrad and another one that should be active soon for grad school. One of mine is already registered with dreamspark though. (Server2008, Virtual PC). I just noticed that you gan also do Windows Phone too! EDIT: WindowsPhone link is for getting your apps on MarketPlace, although that would be helpful to the OP too.

David
Old 05-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

You could ask one of your teachers at school to register and get the program for you. It is also possible that the school already owns the program and could let you use it over the summer. There are also possibly some extra credit you could get for doing that kind of work on your own. I know a guy here who signed up for technical college classes in math and got credit for all his middle school and then high school classes at the same time. If you're already working with c++ I couldnt imagine a community college or tech school that would say no to you.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc touch diamond
Threadstarter

Grandboy3000 is keeping up the good workGrandboy3000 is keeping up the good work

i checked dreamspark you're right, they give it away free to students. but it says high school and college students. i went here to verify im a student, but it doesnt list my school probably because im in junior high. Thanks for all of you trying to help though. I really appreciate it.

Get to all of my windows mobile applications easily! Click Here!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandboy3000 View Post
i checked dreamspark you're right, they give it away free to students. but it says high school and college students. i went here to verify im a student, but it doesnt list my school probably because im in junior high. Thanks for all of you trying to help though. I really appreciate it.
If I', not mistaken, there is a provision to request a waiver if your school is not listed. You just have to prove that you are in school.

Like Toviaheli said, someone as young and ambitious to learn should be able to do it. Explain to one of your teachers what you want to do and I'm sure they will help you.

David
Old 05-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

If you follow this procedure, you will be good to go, even if you're not in high school. Just call the school or have an adult do it for you. The district should be able to hook you up in no time:
High School Student FAQ
High School Student Verification
What are the steps for DreamSpark Student Status Verification?
There are just six easy steps and we’ll walk you through the whole thing. Here’s how it works:
Your School Administrator registers on the DreamSpark website.
Your School is verified to participate in the DreamSpark program
We send Access Keys to Administrator.
Your Administrator then passes an Access Key on to you or your fellow students at your verified School.
Student signs in using Windows Live ID and
You're ready to download software!
Once you complete the above steps, you’ll automatically go back to the previous DreamSpark site page you last visited.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc touch diamond
Threadstarter

Grandboy3000 is keeping up the good workGrandboy3000 is keeping up the good work

hi, CozBoogie sent me a private message saying he frowns when people advertise their website here (im sorry CozBoogie i didnt know) so im going to make a new thread and we can talk about dreamsprk there if you want to. the new thread is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122460

Last edited by Grandboy3000; 05-25-2010 at 02:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You "should" have an email from your district. I work for the 2nd largest school district in Colorado, and every single student that is in the district has a "firstclass" email. The ONLY reason I know we do it for every single student is because I am the tech for one of the schools out here. You should just be able to ask to have the email address activated so you can use it for education. Shoot even like others said, ask a teacher or your tech teacher and they should be able to help you out.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

coz is right, but i'm sure there were kind words in his email. start PMing other devs and see if they can help.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
davissoftware