PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: [WM][Feb 27] PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Wow this works great... Thanks so much for your hard work Mike and everything you have done here for us...
Thanks T M Z
Thanks so much for letting me know your thoughts! And no problem just glad to have a wonderful community and wonder users as your self.
~mike

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:55 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Mike I did not even know tis was out......will be trying it today....thx for the work!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

hmmm. cant seem to get it to work. can the roms not be in folders? anything special you have to do to the unzipped rom folders before app can read rom?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestick00 View Post
hmmm. cant seem to get it to work. can the roms not be in folders? anything special you have to do to the unzipped rom folders before app can read rom?
Correction, I was able to get the flasher to detect roms at last but it requires me to drop the roms into the root of the SD card. When I tried to put them into a directories, it would not detect (at least not from what I saw). Is this correct? Do rom nbh files need to be placed into the root only?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Mike I did not even know tis was out......will be trying it today....thx for the work!!!
Thanks for taking the time to say thanks.

Quote:
Well I never tested the nbh in folder and assumed it would work, but your right. I will have a look at the code shortly after dinner tonight and see if I can fix. Thanks so much for using and letting me know results! Only way I can fix bugs.
Quote:
Correction, I was able to get the flasher to detect roms at last but it requires me to drop the roms into the root of the SD card. When I tried to put them into a directories, it would not detect (at least not from what I saw). Is this correct? Do rom nbh files need to be placed into the root only?
They have to be in the root to flash but the app moves them there but no point if it don't detect the other ones. Hopefully its a easy fix and I will have update posted by the end of the night.
~mike
Old 02-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I was having the same problem with the program not able to find the nbh file when in a directory on my 16gb SD card. I finally moved it to the root directory and the program finally found it...

Now, if I can only get the bootloader to recognize the nbh...but that is for another thread
Old 02-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Re: [WM][Feb 28] PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher v1.1

Updated the first post with what could be terrible news related to finding nbh files outside of root of the sd card. But I am looking into this further and I'm up for suggestions.
~mike
Old 02-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
I was having the same problem with the program not able to find the nbh file when in a directory on my 16gb SD card. I finally moved it to the root directory and the program finally found it...

Now, if I can only get the bootloader to recognize the nbh...but that is for another thread
Your device must be unlocked via hspl. That ones for the TP2 which assume your using. Then this would load it right up for ya.
~mike
Old 03-01-2010, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 :)

angel4b is keeping up the good workangel4b is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to angel4b

Here's the info. It seems to be not too hard to add support...thanks for considering...

From XDA-wiki:
AppToDate is a freeware application for Windows Mobile devices that does what the name suggests: check for updates for applications and programs on your mobile device and then automatically download and install the most recent and up-to-date version of the software.
Here's how the AppToDate works. The developer of the software needs to compile an XML file containing three important tags: version, versionurl and caburl, which point to the version number, location of the XML file from where AppToDate can get the details of an updated version and location of the actual CAB file to be downloaded respectively. This file needs to be hosted online. When the application version changes, the online XML file needs to be updated with a newer version number. AppToDate compares the two XML files, and if the online one is newer, it downloads and installs the CAB file mentioned in the caburl tag. The application has a very simple interface. It displays and categorizes Out of Date and Up to Date applications separately. If you have more than one program to be updated, you can select the checkbox against the ones that you want to be updated and download all CAB files at once.

Apptodate:
http://www.modaco.com/content/apptod...-applications/

How to add apptodate support: basic
http://http://www.modaco.com/content/apptodate/267098/developers-how-to-include-apptodate-support-basic/

How to add apptodate support" advanced
http://www.modaco.com/content/apptod...port-advanced/
Old 03-02-2010, 02:53 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Updated the first post with what could be terrible news related to finding nbh files outside of root of the sd card. But I am looking into this further and I'm up for suggestions.
~mike
well, there's always mortscript, till that framwork code shows up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
flash from sd card, flash rom, flashing sd card .nbh, sd rom flasher