PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 02:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yup I'm getting the same error on my 6700 now... It's sad that Sprint won't release this for other Pocket PC phones, and the fact that they even show sprint tv working on the 6700 in their ad makes no sense.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800, Moto ic902

wzach is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvargo View Post
Way to stick it to us again sprint. wtf do they not want sprint tv on the mogul i just dont understand.
They havent stuck anything to you except make you wait for the version that is compatible for the device. I have confirmed there is no content that is right now available for the other devices that the mogul will not get in the future. Everything means we will be able to purchase sprint ringers, call tones, screensavers and media content just like every other Sprint EvDO Device. They have solved the (Security) issue and are only allowing the Touch devices to have a content manager and the ability to recieve, purchase and view this content.
Did anyone here especially the people on other networks really expect them to let you have that much data for free?
WTF yourself because they do want it to work on the mogul, and every other device. Its already very well known that all the windows mobile and even the dreaded BB's are going to have sprint TV.
Everyone is going to have to wait for the ROM update or buy the touch. Confirmed by Advanced Tech that it will be included. Reasons why it wont work are listed in the post i did a few pages back. (MOSTLY DUE TO THE FACT THEY CANNOT GIVE THE SERVICE OUT TO CUSTOMERS UNTIL THEY CAN BILL FOR IT)
The new ROM may even be released after Sprint tv is made available for the other windows device. I dont know how many more time it must be said, they will have this included on it so please everyone keep your freakin shirts on. I dont understand how people can bash a company because your "hack" wont work any more......
Old 11-17-2007, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G (still have touch pro)
Carrier: sprint

saecrow is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian2pm View Post

here's the corrected link. . .

http://pda.mobiletopsoft.com/tv-radio.php
Old 11-17-2007, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800

knightrida_01 is a n00b
Here's why we get upset. When I purchased my phone and my vision plan it lists Sprint TV as a feature. It says I will have access to all of these TV channels but, low and behold, Sprint didn't put the software on the device. So now we have the software and Sprint disables it. I mean I've paid $15 a month for 2 years now, I think that I'm entitled to what sprint advertises. If they are indeed working on it and it will work soon thats cool, but when they get it right I don't think there should be a separate charge for something included in my vision plan.
Doesn't that make sense?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrida_01 View Post
Here's why we get upset. When I purchased my phone and my vision plan it lists Sprint TV as a feature. It says I will have access to all of these TV channels but, low and behold, Sprint didn't put the software on the device. So now we have the software and Sprint disables it. I mean I've paid $15 a month for 2 years now, I think that I'm entitled to what sprint advertises. If they are indeed working on it and it will work soon thats cool, but when they get it right I don't think there should be a separate charge for something included in my vision plan.
Doesn't that make sense?
Do you really believe you are entitled to all those channels for free? Or do you really upset you do not have the software or now you can not view the premium content for free? Almost 99% of the content in it costs $7.95 EACH per month and if you are really going to pay for it, it will cost you well over $150 per month. The free channels in the $15 vision plan are stinks and really I won't miss it (if you have a regular evdo phone, you would know what they are). It was a great free ride but I knew it would end sooner or later...

Jeff

Last edited by jeffH70; 11-17-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800, Moto ic902

wzach is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrida_01 View Post
I mean I've paid $15 a month for 2 years now, I think that I'm entitled to what sprint advertises. Doesn't that make sense?
Nope. You have an access pack. You wanted base service for data, you got the base pack and price with no warrant to gripe. It would only make sense if you had a real data pack with some features that you couldnt use like the $20 and $25 packs. The $15 still has more standard features on it than most providers. And once the gps and rev a are up i hope everonehere knows about the pack for $30 that will give you everything including unlimited sms, stv, $0.99 music downloads, nfl mobile, ota active sync (if you need it, and have your own exchange server), sprint navigation (by telenav) and everything else all the packs offer currently. No other provider can touch that but please understand that windows is the culprit here not sprint. Sprint has had the tv on other dvices for a long time now. Trying to get the data to support that kind of stream is no easy task and a device capable of doing it well has only been in the US for a short period of time. I paid for mobi tv and for 10 bucks all the live stuff is worth it. Getthat as it would cost the exact same to get the Xtra pack for now and quit your B*$%#^@G . We all will be subscribed to all the Sprint tv once it can be billed, we will all be able to get it on any windows mobile device. But Not For FREE>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzach View Post
Nope. You have an access pack. You wanted base service for data, you got the base pack and price with no warrant to gripe. It would only make sense if you had a real data pack with some features that you couldnt use like the $20 and $25 packs. The $15 still has more standard features on it than most providers. And once the gps and rev a are up i hope everonehere knows about the pack for $30 that will give you everything including unlimited sms, stv, $0.99 music downloads, nfl mobile, ota active sync (if you need it, and have your own exchange server), sprint navigation (by telenav) and everything else all the packs offer currently. No other provider can touch that but please understand that windows is the culprit here not sprint. Sprint has had the tv on other dvices for a long time now. Trying to get the data to support that kind of stream is no easy task and a device capable of doing it well has only been in the US for a short period of time. I paid for mobi tv and for 10 bucks all the live stuff is worth it. Getthat as it would cost the exact same to get the Xtra pack for now and quit your B*$%#^@G . We all will be subscribed to all the Sprint tv once it can be billed, we will all be able to get it on any windows mobile device. But Not For FREE>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Where do you get this information? Do you have a link to this $30 pack with everything? Sounds hard to believe.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800>HTC Touch baby

new58 is starting in the wrong direction
Hey why does it keep telling me when go in to access the sprint tv that i am not an authorized user?????????
Old 11-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mobile6 professional

kingsman is a n00b
I installed it and it keeps saying ::unauthorized user. Sprint TV will now exit.. does anyone else have the same issue??
Old 11-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Because sprint does not want you to use it on your Mogul with out paying.
*then again they don't seem to want us to do anything our Moguls are capable of evan though we have paid.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software