PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 09:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Fake_Death is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Improve Wi-Fi Speed!

thanks for this. im gonna try it out right now
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I did some before and after testing transferring files over the network from my computer to my TP. The file is a 47.3 megabyte avi file transferred to the temp folder in my phone. The times are exact to the second.

I used a network connection as it usually pushes the connection to the max. 802.11b has a max speed of 11megabits per second granted that there is no overhead. Of course actual speeds are slower but even 6 megabits per second is you shouldn't see any internet slowdown.

Before: 3 minutes and 3 seconds
After: 3 minutes and 2 seconds & 3 minutes 0 seconds

Hmmm, disappointing results. My personal tests say that it doesn't help improve speeds in anyway. That is insanely slow. that is actually slower than my internet. Something is bottlenecking the **** out of my speeds here.

EDIT: I just realized that my router was set to G prior to installing this regedit. (That's my my Axim x30 couldn't connect) Surprisingly the mogul connected as I haven't messed with my router for months. TP always connected to g just not g speeds.

EDIT2: I uninstalled the regedit and got 3 minutes and 1 second but decided to change wi-fi power mode to best performance and only yielded 2 minutes 59 seconds. Not worth the possible battery drain.

Last edited by esqueue; 12-22-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

The Touch Pro seems to lack this key -- doesn't this mean that the WiFi adaptor has a different model number, and that installing this cab/creating the key does nothing?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:25 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Not sure Doc.. I'll try sending the creator of this a message.. I know the guy uses a Touch Pro, but I know that doesnt mean anything...
Old 12-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Could you please post the original XDA links for this and the SD card tweak?

Edit: Never mind was acting like a Noob and I saw the original posted links.

Last edited by tx_jaycee; 12-23-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

this tweak is absolutely useless for devices that are not a Touch HD or share the guys crippled wifi driver. i proved this in his original article and the writer has since abandoned the article and has not come back to even thank me for clarifying this for him and the users. its useless tweak. out wifi drivers already operate at FULL speed. the guy who made this tweak was just running a device where the rom manufacturer crippled the driver. its hardly epic and ground breaking.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
The Touch Pro seems to lack this key -- doesn't this mean that the WiFi adaptor has a different model number, and that installing this cab/creating the key does nothing?
100% correct the cab points to a driver only the touch HD uses.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Smile Re: Improve Wi-Fi Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
this tweak is absolutely useless for devices that are not a Touch HD or share the guys crippled wifi driver. i proved this in his original article and the writer has since abandoned the article and has not come back to even thank me for clarifying this for him and the users. its useless tweak. out wifi drivers already operate at FULL speed. the guy who made this tweak was just running a device where the rom manufacturer crippled the driver. its hardly epic and ground breaking.
Thanks for clairifing...
Old 12-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Question Re: Improve Wi-Fi Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
the proper place in the Touch Pro should be this: you must add the registry entry to TNETW12511\PARMS instead of TNETWLN1\PARMS.
TNETW12511 IS THE CORRECT PLACE TO PUT THIS...BUT I HAVE NOT TESTED THE SPEED DIFFERENCE YET...IF SOMEONE CAN TRY IT OUT??
(i guess you can know if you have Comcast cable or faster Bandwidth to see if it really works).

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMM\TNETW12511\PARMS
you can test the speed also by copying a file from a shared folder (laptop/pc connected to the wifi router too) before and after the tweak to see if there is a difference in the copy process.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I hope somebody can try out Nico's idea and report in with what they find.. I have no access to Wi-Fi, so I can't...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks