View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 06:19 PM
nico4k
Almost a VIP

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: Improve Wi-Fi Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
this tweak is absolutely useless for devices that are not a Touch HD or share the guys crippled wifi driver. i proved this in his original article and the writer has since abandoned the article and has not come back to even thank me for clarifying this for him and the users. its useless tweak. out wifi drivers already operate at FULL speed. the guy who made this tweak was just running a device where the rom manufacturer crippled the driver. its hardly epic and ground breaking.
the proper place in the Touch Pro should be this: you must add the registry entry to TNETW12511\PARMS instead of TNETWLN1\PARMS.
TNETW12511 IS THE CORRECT PLACE TO PUT THIS...BUT I HAVE NOT TESTED THE SPEED DIFFERENCE YET...IF SOMEONE CAN TRY IT OUT??
(i guess you can know if you have Comcast cable or faster Bandwidth to see if it really works).

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMM\TNETW12511\PARMS
you can test the speed also by copying a file from a shared folder (laptop/pc connected to the wifi router too) before and after the tweak to see if there is a difference in the copy process.