PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: {{Manila Mod}}Co0kie's Home Tab v1.8.0{{6-Jun-2010}}

I always keeps previous builds, mostly for comparisons and stuff but I don't think I'll ever take 1.7.1 off my SD card lol...

Old 06-18-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Instinct
Carrier: sprint

pistu is just getting started

Can someone please post the earlier version V1.7.1 cab. I loved it, updated to the v1.8 the day it came out and had lot of problems. Now I cant see all my quicklinks, I see the first row of quicklinks and when I swipe up all the quicklinks fade away. I know its probably simple to fix but little bit complicated for a noob like me. Hopefully the newer version is more easier for me to figure out.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDriver77 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Well, after a week of playing with 1.8.0, I've decided to revert back to 1.7.1 as I find it more stable, less "laggy", and doesn't chew up as much RAM on my TP2.

I was using Bing Navigation since TeleNav couldn't find the address I was looking for. Due to the heavy resouce drain 1.8.0 was causing, Bing shut itself off multiple times, causing a 45 minute drive to become 1 hour and 5 minutes, almost making me late for a pick-up that could've potentially cost my company a lot of money.

My ram usage was idling around 74%-77% ON 1.8.0. So far I'm holding under 70% on 1.7.1.

I haven't heard anyone else mention a RAM issue; but as much as I enjoy the new toggle switches on the new version, I'll be waiting to see if 1.8.5 runs more efficiently for my needs.

If not, 1.7.1 will always have a home on my SD card.
Ha - here I thought I was the only person who thought 1.7.1 was pretty darn good & that 1.8.0 would have had to be pretty much out of this world for me to change.

Looks like some other ppl think the same.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

+1. My bing app closed everytime I try to use for navigation, thought it was because I got the error message "bing is not compatible with your device" . Didnt know it was because of CHT v1.8 till your post. I uniinstalled V1.8 but havent installed back v 1.7.1 yet waiting to see 1.8.5 before I switch back to 1.7.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
Ha - here I thought I was the only person who thought 1.7.1 was pretty darn good & that 1.8.0 would have had to be pretty much out of this world for me to change.

Looks like some other ppl think the same.

Last edited by pistu; 06-18-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:43 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Look for 1.8.5 tomorrow. Last bug found and fixed, which in testing, mostly only effected Nrgz roms, but is now fixed. Kinda ironic, lol. No this is not to stop those who have it from running it, enjoy if you so choose. Just putting some info in your ears.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:51 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Couple more notes from my mobile. Cht does not touch or effect your Bing at all. I use both Cht and Bing all the time. Quicklinks disappearing only happens if your tasks or appointments overlap them in edit mode. So if you set them to touch, the links will autohide all the time. Someone mentioned another app as well, can't recall what at the moment, but also not touched by Cht.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Look for 1.8.5 tomorrow. Last bug found and fixed, which in testing, mostly only effected Nrgz roms, but is now fixed. Kinda ironic, lol. No this is not to stop those who have it from running it, enjoy if you so choose. Just putting some info in your ears.
thats great news, let me scroll up and hit thanks on a few more of your posts
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Sweeeeet, tomorrow works for me..!! Unless you get early x-mas fever and wanna send it to me tonight =) lmao..!!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I think they were saying that CHT took more memory that bing was not able to function. Do you think v 1.8.5 takes lesser memory when compared to v 1.7.1. and I dont have tasks or appointments on my main screen so not sure how it can overlap but still disappears. anyways I will install cht 1.8.5. great work on the mods maybe being a noob kinda makes it hard ot figure out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Couple more notes from my mobile. Cht does not touch or effect your Bing at all. I use both Cht and Bing all the time. Quicklinks disappearing only happens if your tasks or appointments overlap them in edit mode. So if you set them to touch, the links will autohide all the time. Someone mentioned another app as well, can't recall what at the moment, but also not touched by Cht.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:51 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Well, if it is a ram concern anyone has, I suggest looking in your task manager and seeing what processes are using the most memory and try to close them if not needed. I have no ram issues with Cht at all. It uses one fifth of what pocket IE uses, when it is sitting idle, minimized. So be sure to close your memory intensive apps now and then. WinMo handles this poorly on its own sometimes. But I never have memory shortage problems from Cht. All of Htc sense/manila for me on my rom, with cht enabled uses roughly 1400kb's of ram. Thats not that much really. IMO, and that includes all tabs enabled and using new hq wallpaper.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software