PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:33 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [APP] [UPDATE] KD-Font [v1.1.1] [08/10/10]

Hey Kliptik, thanks for the update... this program is under appreciated I think

I am on Mighty ROM now so here is an icon I made for this program to match.
Attached Images
File Type: png Start_Icon_KD_Font.png (6.9 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
This is using your newest .cab which I managed to convert into an EXT and cook without the default font being changed. Thanks for fixing that. The only issue I have now is that it doesn't change the soft key button font like it used to. Straightup27 said that other ROMs have had this issue. Have you figured out why?

You said that if I use the previous version, it would be updated via the auto update feature to the newest version right? If that's the case, I'll probably just stick with cooking in the older version so I can keep my soft key button fonts changeable as well.
So it seems that something about the new cab doesn't change the soft key buttons. I cooked in the previous version and then updated to the new one and the soft key buttons font still don't change.

I'll probably stick with the older version personally for this reason. I'll leave it up to the user whether or not they want to upgrade. Unless you know a way to change this...
Old 08-11-2010, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

raz1337 is becoming a great contributor

wow, so the new version is bugged in that it doesn't change softkeys? i noticed in sharkie's screenshot that his were changed. maybe i'll swiitch.

i'm using comic sans now since it's most comfortable. i really like the app, and the only other font in the library i like is hurtmold but it doesn"t display the the degree symbol in the temperature. . other than that is the underwood font which i linked to earlier. mucho gracias if it gets done.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:13 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a ROM thing. I know that with the previous version the soft keys didn't change with every ROM. I guess I was lucky in that they did with my ROM. I've not changed anything that would affect that lately, so it must be something newly done in the new version.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's a bug or a ROM thing. I know that with the previous version the soft keys didn't change with every ROM. I guess I was lucky in that they did with my ROM. I've not changed anything that would affect that lately, so it must be something newly done in the new version.
From my experience is if you set them to chance Sense and WM differently that if you just change the Sense Font the button's don't change. if you have them set to both the same it should change the bottom button's but I am running 6.5.x. Hope that makes since.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

raz1337 is becoming a great contributor

my softkeys didn't change setting it to change sense and wm. my config is in my sig.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:39 PM
VIP Member

Ok, so my bad for getting ahead of myself. For some reason unknown to me my soft keys don't change anymore. I'm still using the previous version. Clearly, I must have done something in the kitchen that's affected this.

Kliptik, have you heard from any chefs or learned yourself what causes the soft key buttons to change or not change?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: [APP] [RELEASE] KD-Font [v1.1] [07/25/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
I was messing with the Comic Sans one, but it ended up looking goofy. Not sure if you're still taking requests, but I'd try. I'd like Godzson's My Underwood font. It's right here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...29&postcount=3

I installed both cabs at this link, but it doesn't affect the softbar, CHT, the dialer, and a few others. I'm not asking you to troubleshoot those cabs, but if you could get a cab for it, I'd love it. I think the TTF is this one I'm attaching.
Quote:

I think this is my fav. font so far. Of course, I've not tried them all!

This is using your newest .cab which I managed to convert into an EXT and cook without the default font being changed. Thanks for fixing that. The only issue I have now is that it doesn't change the soft key button font like it used to. Straightup27 said that other ROMs have had this issue. Have you figured out why?

You said that if I use the previous version, it would be updated via the auto update feature to the newest version right? If that's the case, I'll probably just stick with cooking in the older version so I can keep my soft key button fonts changeable as well.
Quote:
So it seems that something about the new cab doesn't change the soft key buttons. I cooked in the previous version and then updated to the new one and the soft key buttons font still don't change.

I'll probably stick with the older version personally for this reason. I'll leave it up to the user whether or not they want to upgrade. Unless you know a way to change this...
Hmmm... In this new release, I didn't change any of the code that has to do with applying the font files... Can you try cooking in the old version in your new ROM and see if it changes the soft keys?

Quote:
wow, so the new version is bugged in that it doesn't change softkeys? i noticed in sharkie's screenshot that his were changed. maybe i'll swiitch.

i'm using comic sans now since it's most comfortable. i really like the app, and the only other font in the library i like is hurtmold but it doesn"t display the the degree symbol in the temperature. . other than that is the underwood font which i linked to earlier. mucho gracias if it gets done.
I'm getting ready to start working on requests. Sorry I've been kind of backlogged with some bug fixes and then stuff outside of the WinMo world. I'll PM you as soon as your request is up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
From my experience is if you set them to chance Sense and WM differently that if you just change the Sense Font the button's don't change. if you have them set to both the same it should change the bottom button's but I am running 6.5.x. Hope that makes since.
This is correct. The soft key font is determined by the WM font. Changing the Sense font will not cahnge the soft keys.

Quote:
my softkeys didn't change setting it to change sense and wm. my config is in my sig.
Sorry, but I can't see your sig... On this page, or any other... Would you mind posting it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFG View Post
Hey Kliptik, thanks for the update... this program is under appreciated I think

I am on Mighty ROM now so here is an icon I made for this program to match.
Rock on!!! I'm gonna link this to the ssecond post! THANKS!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Ok, so my bad for getting ahead of myself. For some reason unknown to me my soft keys don't change anymore. I'm still using the previous version. Clearly, I must have done something in the kitchen that's affected this.

Kliptik, have you heard from any chefs or learned yourself what causes the soft key buttons to change or not change?
You posted while I was in the middle of my monster reply... LOL! I think Someone pointed this out to me (Wes maybe?) with some of the old font CABs. It was on an EnergyROM for the TP1, and it was because there was an extra font file in the ROM that I had not accounted for, as it was a custom addition. Can you list the *.TTF files you have in the "\Windows" directory right after a flash? I don't need them zipped or anything, just need to know the names of them all.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
You posted while I was in the middle of my monster reply... LOL! I think Someone pointed this out to me (Wes maybe?) with some of the old font CABs. It was on an EnergyROM for the TP1, and it was because there was an extra font file in the ROM that I had not accounted for, as it was a custom addition. Can you list the *.TTF files you have in the "\Windows" directory right after a flash? I don't need them zipped or anything, just need to know the names of them all.
Based on what you've said, I may have found the problem. I'd left in a DroidSans .TTF file when I started from a new kitchen. I'd taken that out previously in my old kitchen that I built the 1st ROMs with.

Do you think that's it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Tags
font, font app, font cab, sense font, wm font