PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cokeman someone merge an Alltel rom post into this one... thats why you see all those out of topic posts.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Hm, anyone else having a problem when it gets to the step "Verifying the information on your PDA Phone...Please Wait"?

If I disconnect and reconnect the USB cable as instructed ActiveSync will not reconnect while the boot loader screen is up. I then get the Error 260 Connection cannot connect to phone - the same holds true for when I do not disconnect the USB cable.

Any ideas? Am I doing something incorrectly?

Edit: Activesync never reconnected, but it seems to have sorted itself out. Boot loader is up and running.

Last edited by krohnjw; 10-03-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:46 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Got the Colonel hybrid Altell/Sprint Rom on mine now. Go to chat for more info.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Lurker

whaut is a n00b
Apologies if this is considered "off topic" but I figure it might be pertinent for others.

I'm new to the whole flashing/cooking/upgrading scene and have been reading threads all day. I was able to update my bootloader to Olipro's SPL and flash my Sprint Mogul with the Alltel ROM, but I've had quite a few difficulties in getting that ROM to work correctly with the data plan. That is for another thread.

My question is - is it possible with the tools that already exist to flash the ORIGINAL bootloader back onto the phone? If possible, can someone give me a very rough tutorial of the programs and steps required?

Again, I apologize for the newb question but I'm understanding about 90% of the processes involved here, and I figured this may come in handy for someone else as well.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Having this bootloader does not affect general use of the phone and it actually has a feature that prevents it from being overwritten. If it didn't have that feature the unlocker would have to be run again after installing most roms because all the roms that come from HTC have the stock bootloader in them.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Lurker

whaut is a n00b
ah.....so in effect there is no "reversal" of this mod.

I agree that the bootloader is not the cause of my issue - I was more curious about the underlying process of actually pushing the SPL to the phone.

In any case, I will be watching these threads with great interest.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
It probably would be nice if you guys could make an app to 'undo' the Olipro bootloader if one wishes to do so. I don't see why anyone would want to 'undo' it, because with this bootloader it's pretty much impossible to brick your phone. I guess I could see why some people would want to go back to the default bootloader, such as being paranoid about bringing it in for repairs, etc... but, I'd keep the patched one just because it's better and makes it nearly impossible to brick your phone.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Lurker

whaut is a n00b
not that this matters much, but my earlier problems have all been resolved and I'm successfully running the Alltel ROM on my Mogul. I'm seeing between 6 and 10 more decibels on my signal strength and the GUI is responding much faster to input. The problems I had were due to resetting the default SPL settings - once I got those from Sprint (along with figuring out a few things on my own) I was back up and running in no time.

Appreciate all the work that's being done, hope some day to contribute something of my own.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: HTC Fúckwit
Carrier: Bint PCS
Threadstarter

Olipro knows their stuffOlipro knows their stuffOlipro knows their stuffOlipro knows their stuffOlipro knows their stuffOlipro knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrageser View Post
It probably would be nice if you guys could make an app to 'undo' the Olipro bootloader if one wishes to do so. I don't see why anyone would want to 'undo' it, because with this bootloader it's pretty much impossible to brick your phone. I guess I could see why some people would want to go back to the default bootloader, such as being paranoid about bringing it in for repairs, etc... but, I'd keep the patched one just because it's better and makes it nearly impossible to brick your phone.
To undo it, simply run the soft-SPL and flash a stock. job done.
MOV R0, #0
There are no stupid questions, just offensive answers.
Hermes:
IPL: 1.04
SPL: 2.60.Olipro

Athena:
IPL: 1.00
SPL: 1.30.Olipro

Shamelessly accepting donations for Hard-SPL, CustomRUU and Athena-Unlocker/Hard-SPL

Last edited by Olipro; 10-06-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Ok, just an observation perhaps... I have had Oli's bootloader installed since pretty much day one. Aside from getting it out of bootloader the first time (didn't have the new UNI at that point) everything seems to work well. My question is - after flashing a non-signed rom to the device, should the bootloader exit properly without needing UNI?

If I flash the stock Sprint ROM right now while in bootloader mode - the device will reset itself after the process and load properly.

If I stick say the colonel's hybrid Alltel/Sprint ROM into the directory in place of the stock Sprint ROM, then flash it, I get stuck in bootloader. I have to run UNI after a non stock flash to get out of bootloader now.

I am just curious if this is the way it is supposed to work, or if something went wrong during the bootloader flash? If this is normal, its no biggie anyway as its only one extra step. I have no issues with anything I have flashed to the device thus far, so I don't see it as causing any short or long term issues. I would just like to know if this is normal or not. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development