PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 - 23001 (30-June-2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti View Post
HOLY CRAP! Even when I just do a completely striped build of 21501 (is that right?, whatevers the newest on BuildOS), I can't get that much free! MAX I will get on first boot is 22mb.

How can I get the newest build in BuildOS? They haven't updated it yet. There is some software that is in the kitchen that I use and can't find elsewhere.
Hey,

This may exlain the progress:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=72489&page=13 post #126 - #129.

Last edited by cac2us; 07-02-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
Hey,

This may exlain the progress:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=72489&page=13 post #126 - #129.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
21501 was an earlier release of Windows Mobile 6.5. Don't forget that this is a program that is still developing and progressing. Nobody has documented the changes between each build, but there are a few under the hood. You may or may not notice a difference, but this build is about 6 weeks newer. The apps that get cooked in are secific to the chef; here, you have mattsm and he has chosen the specific apps that he thinks you'll enjoy!
Not really... There is a guy that is claiming to tell someone else how its done. Because the builds are being released to fast for the buildos guys to keep uploading them into the updator... But like this guy said, this build is 6 weeks newer. I think more than that... They should update atleast once a month...

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 07-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Not really... There is a guy that is claiming to tell someone else how its done. Because the builds are being released to fast for the buildos guys to keep uploading them into the updator... But like this guy said, this build is 6 weeks newer. I think more than that... They should update atleast once a month...
Dude, the PPC Kitchen team are all volunteers. If you want to learn how to make your own ROMs, I will gladly show you how using the files available on this forum. If you want to donate your time to make releases happen more quickly, I suggest you visit www.ppckitchen.org and ask to join their team.

Also, would you be happy if they released a build with a flaw? I doubt it. 21501 was extremely stable and it took serious time to get it that way. This stuff isn't always easy and it definitely isn't magic. And we definitely don't get paid and shouldn't be on deadlines.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
Dude, the PPC Kitchen team are all volunteers. If you want to learn how to make your own ROMs, I will gladly show you how using the files available on this forum. If you want to donate your time to make releases happen more quickly, I suggest you visit www.ppckitchen.org and ask to join their team.

Also, would you be happy if they released a build with a flaw? I doubt it. 21501 was extremely stable and it took serious time to get it that way. This stuff isn't always easy and it definitely isn't magic. And we definitely don't get paid and shouldn't be on deadlines.
Hey,

Great piont, and thank you for your help with cooking and uploading all of the fine work that you put your time into.
If I didn't have a deadline for these LED trophies for the Great American Truck Show comming up in August, I would like to learn the way of the chef.

Thanks Again.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

I use BuildOS to make my own roms. And as for 21501 being stable... The only way its stable is if you have the camera disabled. Its flawless on any other phone but the Titan. I have my camera disabled and I can hardly install anything without it becoming to much of a memory hog. I'm not exactly complaining. I'm just tired of "needing" to use Oxios memory after everytime I browse the web or text. Your claiming almost 30mb. Thats impressive in my honest opinion. If I hard reset right now, I'll start oxios and it will claim 22mb. Minute later its 18mb. I'll install almost everything I possibly can on the SD Card, and use MemMaid which I own a license to send all the cash files to the extended rom and set it up for maximum memory. I pop open HTC's YouTube App, watch one video and then start getting errors from not enough memory.

I just want out of it. Half that stuff you installed on this rom, I don't ever install. So if I could gain that much free memory, I would be extremely happy! Like Beyond Happy! I'd be jumping for joy!

Last edited by nFiniti; 07-02-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I use BuildOS to make my own roms. And as for 21501 being stable... The only way its stable is if you have the camera disabled. I have my camera disabled and I can hardly install anything without it becoming to much of a memory hog. I'm not exactly complaining. I'm just tired of "needing" to use Oxios memory after everytime I browse the web or text. Your claiming almost 30mb. Thats impressive in my honest opinion. If I hard reset right now, I'll start oxios and it will claim 22mb. Minute later its 18mb. I'll install almost everything I possibly can on the SD Card, and use MemMaid which I own a license to send all the cash files to the extended rom and set it up for maximum memory. I pop open HTC's YouTube App, watch one video and then start getting errors from not enough memory.

I just want out of it. Half that stuff you installed on this rom, I don't ever install. So if I could gain that much free memory, I would be extremely happy! Like Beyond Happy! I'd be jumping for joy!
There's a significant difference between being stable and being a RAM hog. Since I don't know what you put in on your build, I can't really comment on why your RAM is the way it is. I also don't really remember what my memory was on 21501 (they mesh together after too many builds! LOL!), but I do know that their build was rock solid and that's why it went out.

If you don't want my extra programs, then you are in luck, too. Mattsm has released barebones versions of these ROMs (using similar source files as mine). Here's a link if you want to try his out:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72489
Old 07-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well even when I open build OS. and only click the splash screens I have designed, and select cricket for the carrier, and dont select any software, and burn.... I'll get like 25mb MAX. And thats with no Oxios Memory, Stock Dialler, Stock Comm Manager (if any), No Camera.

I understand its pretty damn stable. I honestly CANNOT go back to 6.1. I wont. I'm in love with 6.5 and modifying Titanium and all of that. But I like having atleast some nice stuff. Like, I have to have a dialler with the "Call" button on the screen, cause my send button is not working unless you press it reallllly hard. I install the smallest in size comm manager, I think its from the vogue. HTC Audio Manager (because when playing music, it isn't a memory hog like WMP is and doesn't cause the phone to crash), All the no size little reg edits like cleartype, iContact, uhm... I think thats it. I'd have to look at my install list..... And all the rest of the stuff I have installed on the SD Card, which is 8gb. I use Oxios Memory, and MemMaid.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well even when I open build OS. and only click the splash screens I have designed, and select cricket for the carrier, and dont select any software, and burn.... I'll get like 25mb MAX. And thats with no Oxios Memory, Stock Dialler, Stock Comm Manager (if any), No Camera.

I understand its pretty damn stable. I honestly CANNOT go back to 6.1. I wont. I'm in love with 6.5 and modifying Titanium and all of that. But I like having atleast some nice stuff. Like, I have to have a dialler with the "Call" button on the screen, cause my send button is not working unless you press it reallllly hard. I install the smallest in size comm manager, I think its from the vogue. HTC Audio Manager (because when playing music, it isn't a memory hog like WMP is and doesn't cause the phone to crash), All the no size little reg edits like cleartype, iContact, uhm... I think thats it. I'd have to look at my install list..... And all the rest of the stuff I have installed on the SD Card, which is 8gb. I use Oxios Memory, and MemMaid.
This is getting pretty far off topic concerning my ROM. I'll make this last post, but please either send me a PM or start a new thread if you wan to continue this.
1st - Definitely select a camera. Also, definitely select the nueKernel configuration Tool (or whaever it's called) in BuildOS. Otherwise, you're possibly not taking advantage of our high/low memory options.
2nd - You don't need to select a comm manager. Windows has one built in.
3rd - I have yet to see a dialer (even stock) that doesn't have an onscreen send button. If you need to use another button to pull up the dialer, simply map it. Dialers eat RAM.
4th - I think Oxios + Memmaid is a little redundant, but that's just my opinion.
5th - Try adjusting your pagepool to get more free memory. I have mine set to 4.

Now you have a few additional options as well. You can
1 - Cook another 21501 using some of my recommendations above.
2 - You can use my ROM with the stuff I like to cook in.
3 - You can use someone else's ROM with what they like to cook in
4 - You can use Mattsm's barebones ROM and add your own program
5 - You can learn to add the files to PPC Kitchen and cook the ROM to your liking
6 - You can use JDume's kitchen on this forum and cook your own; it's all set and ready to cook 23001.

That's about all I have to help you.

Last edited by btonetbone; 07-02-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: pagepool
Old 07-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sorry, Back on topic.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: alltel

rickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to rickyrecaro

love the rom just wanna get rid of the battery bar on top... any suggestions or im i just not seeing the app???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development