PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
How do you mean Medic? What are talking about? I just uploaded the 755 and it seems more stable than the 924 BUT there is still a lag in making phone calls and in text messaging. I'm just using the same Touchflo 2D Dialer that I've been using the past few builds. The only thing that I can think of that I did different is that I selected the new SQL 3.5 and that's about it.
I use the standard dialer right now. Did not select a dialer in the kitchen. Have a lot less issues with stock dialer. I have no lag at all in texting now, I did in the 755 release.
Post your selections text if you don't mind.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

Last edited by GaMedic; 12-03-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BlackDobe is a n00b

I hate to even ask this but does anyone else get a corrupt image when building with the SPB PocketPlus application? The entire build works fine w/o the app so I know my image isn't corrupt for real.

Any suggestions ASIDE from the ever-so-clever "build without it" response? If not I suppose installing it after like a Neanderthal will have to be sufficient for now.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started

I've never done this before but can someone show me how to post my selections text. Also, thanks for chiming in BrightEdge, to answer your question, I've always used consistant OEM"s and just updated to a faster more stable build and that's it.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

the selections files should be located at C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Projects from here just select what name you have it saved as.

then you can save the file as an attachment or copy and paste your selections into the post

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 10:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Apache (again)
Carrier: Sprint

focusedlife is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback View Post
Anyone know what file needs replaced to be able to select multiple texts or e-mails, I was going to go to 924 just to get that, but would like to use the latest version.
Just in case you didn't know, you can can select multiple messages by using the menu. Not the same as dragging, but it gets the job done just as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:37 PM
outback

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusedlife View Post
Just in case you didn't know, you can can select multiple messages by using the menu. Not the same as dragging, but it gets the job done just as well.
I didn't realize that was there, I thought it was only a select all.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusedlife View Post
i had tried to use the select option before but when you are getting multiple emails throughout the day, it is not even close to as easy as click drag/select and delete. You can try this, but you may just have to go back b/c it is too un-usable. just my 2 cents

Old 12-05-2008, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE...And Already Rooted!
Carrier: Sprint (You Love 'Em and Sometimes I Just Wanna Ch

brooklyn6 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge View Post
Not all OEMs that may have been compatible with earlier builds of WM will be 100% compatible with new builds. If you build a 20931 ROM without any additional OEMs, I'm sure you'll find that it is fast, stable, and with little to no lag. If you want to pinpoint which OEM(s) are causing the lag, build consecutive ROMs with one additional OEM at a time. It will be a lengthy process, for sure. Also consider that some OEMs may work well on their own, but may cause stability issues if cooked together. It's a process of elimination.

For example, I've found that if I build with S2U2, my phone freezes during an incoming call about 25% of the time. If I build without it, the phone never freezes. If I install from cab, the phone never freezes.

So, help us help you. Compile a detailed list of flash attempts. Include the performance results for each test. Test your findings again to verify your results. If you can duplicate the results each time, then you may have found a culprit. Upload your test results document here, and perhaps others will try and reproduce your findings.
Hey Brightedge, I tried your theory. You're right. I re-installed BuildOS and put in my selections and I noticed that if I put Sprite Backup or SPB Backup it will lag. I cooked up a ROM without S2U2 but then I installed it myself after I built the rom. It was still sluggish and when I checked the memory it was showing between 69-72% all the time. I am going to use the 755 build until I can create a proper build or you can give some more advice. Help!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

bassballboy is a n00b

I just updated last night. First of all, I love it. It's very snappy.

Two major issues though:

1. Autocomplete won't turn off even though I have it set to off. For instance, I type "the" and it auto fills "fastest" after I hit the space bar. VERy annoying

2. It doesn't suggest people when I type their name in text messages, minor disturbance, but I really like that feature when it works.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work

This build has been running great for me. I've only noticed one quirk in mine.. the phone keeps popping up. I go from today screen, launch an app, then close the app. and i'll see the phone instead of today screeen. It's odd, but not a problem.

My phone has been very stable! and very speedy! It ROCKS!

I really have no complaints at all. Great job guys!

I attached my selections incase somebody might wanna try it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt My Titan_WM6.1_20931 Selections.txt (5.1 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development