PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Yeah 6, I actually did notice the same things. It basically goes to say that it's all moving very sluggish and the lag is a killer. MeanFishy, I came home for lunch so I can rebuild another rom because just like the other times I'm missing phone calls because the phone lags horribly and is very sluggish. I built a new 931 rom this morning so now I'm going back to 755 since it seemed alot more stable, although still sluggish ,than the 931 build.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE...And Already Rooted!
Carrier: Sprint (You Love 'Em and Sometimes I Just Wanna Ch

brooklyn6 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
Yeah 6, I actually did notice the same things. It basically goes to say that it's all moving very sluggish and the lag is a killer. MeanFishy, I came home for lunch so I can rebuild another rom because just like the other times I'm missing phone calls because the phone lags horribly and is very sluggish. I built a new 931 rom this morning so now I'm going back to 755 since it seemed alot more stable, although still sluggish ,than the 931 build.
luckily I built a 931 last week just before I left for vacation. That one works well but the only problem like I said before was the buttons. That is the one I put back on the phone last night. I might put back the 755 because that one was working for me.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn6 View Post
luckily I built a 931 last week just before I left for vacation. That one works well but the only problem like I said before was the buttons. That is the one I put back on the phone last night. I might put back the 755 because that one was working for me.
I had to put the 755 back on my phone in order to be able to halfway use the phone but it's still sluggish and lags. It won't even let put the original 755 build that I had prior to even loading the new builds. Crazy. Guru if you're out there then how about alittle much needed assistance please!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:13 PM
outback

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Guys I ran into the same problems as you when I went to 924 and tried to go back to any previous versions. I had to do a total uninstall of the kitchen. Temp files, and all. I downloaded them and everything ran smoother. I saved my selections.txt and put it back in after the download/install/updater and the 755 build worked fine. You may have to remove it all and start over again.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I'll try that because Lord knows that I'm catchin hell between tryin to get 931 to act right and going back to the original 755 which was stable.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Ok guys, I just spent the last few hours uninstalling BuildOs and reinstalling. I just flashed a 931 rom that I built and the **** is still slow. Alittle faster but still slow. I also noticed that during the boot that the system is slow because the windows wheel will stop turning then it'll start up sporatically until it finishes loading. I'm now going to try the 755 rom.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Just like before the 755 is alittle more stable but the sluggishness and lagging is still there but seems to be not as bad. I wish one of these moderators would chime in to help us lesser experienced users fix this problem. If someone can help please respond; your expertise is greatly needed...
Old 12-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
Just like before the 755 is alittle more stable but the sluggishness and lagging is still there but seems to be not as bad. I wish one of these moderators would chime in to help us lesser experienced users fix this problem. If someone can help please respond; your expertise is greatly needed...
Not all OEMs that may have been compatible with earlier builds of WM will be 100% compatible with new builds. If you build a 20931 ROM without any additional OEMs, I'm sure you'll find that it is fast, stable, and with little to no lag. If you want to pinpoint which OEM(s) are causing the lag, build consecutive ROMs with one additional OEM at a time. It will be a lengthy process, for sure. Also consider that some OEMs may work well on their own, but may cause stability issues if cooked together. It's a process of elimination.

For example, I've found that if I build with S2U2, my phone freezes during an incoming call about 25% of the time. If I build without it, the phone never freezes. If I install from cab, the phone never freezes.

So, help us help you. Compile a detailed list of flash attempts. Include the performance results for each test. Test your findings again to verify your results. If you can duplicate the results each time, then you may have found a culprit. Upload your test results document here, and perhaps others will try and reproduce your findings.
And in the kitchen, bind them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: BrwnTelephoneCO

rangness is a n00b

Just got my Mogul and very excited to cook something up as I did that for my apache.

But with all the new stuff on rom's since its been awhile for me.....i'm slowly building confidence to use ppckitchen again. but two quick questions.

1) I have sprint stock rom 3.56.651.0 and radio 3.42.02.....do i have to flash something before i flash this....or i can flash straight to 20931? the sprint upgrade page made it sound like they had to be flashed in increasing order.

2) for the builds that have worked, or you finally figured out right build....do you mind posting a text file of what you cooked up.

thanks!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

welcome back to the kitchen,

1) you do not have to increase the order of the ROMs

2) Brightedge #58 pretty much sums it up it is a matter of knowing what OEMs work together. I am far from finding the right combo so im still cooking

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development