brooklyn6
PPCGeeks Regular

brooklyn6 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge View Post
Not all OEMs that may have been compatible with earlier builds of WM will be 100% compatible with new builds. If you build a 20931 ROM without any additional OEMs, I'm sure you'll find that it is fast, stable, and with little to no lag. If you want to pinpoint which OEM(s) are causing the lag, build consecutive ROMs with one additional OEM at a time. It will be a lengthy process, for sure. Also consider that some OEMs may work well on their own, but may cause stability issues if cooked together. It's a process of elimination.

For example, I've found that if I build with S2U2, my phone freezes during an incoming call about 25% of the time. If I build without it, the phone never freezes. If I install from cab, the phone never freezes.

So, help us help you. Compile a detailed list of flash attempts. Include the performance results for each test. Test your findings again to verify your results. If you can duplicate the results each time, then you may have found a culprit. Upload your test results document here, and perhaps others will try and reproduce your findings.
Hey Brightedge, I tried your theory. You're right. I re-installed BuildOS and put in my selections and I noticed that if I put Sprite Backup or SPB Backup it will lag. I cooked up a ROM without S2U2 but then I installed it myself after I built the rom. It was still sluggish and when I checked the memory it was showing between 69-72% all the time. I am going to use the 755 build until I can create a proper build or you can give some more advice. Help!