PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 12:14 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxFan View Post
ok, i was thinking everytime i uploaded a rom it was like a fresh install situation and wiped the past rom off, but thats not the case, i can install the first rom i did, then the matt rom, and then the radio rom and they all work together?
well sorta, but you see... there's more too it than that... lemme break it down

ok, well now on your phone you've got SPL and OS and Radio, that's (3) parts not just (1)

1) SPL - you flash this only once to 'unlock' your phone. once your unlocked, its done.

2) OS - this is the custom ROM part, and the part you already understand.

3) Radio - GPS vs Non-GPS (there's more to radios, but lets keep it simple...)

On the HTC Titan and HTC Touch devices there are both GPS and non-GPS Radios, OS's, and SPL's
In order for your phone to boot and operate correctly they must all match (so they must all must be GPS or non-GPS)
When they do not match, you will experience the symptoms you posted.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Carrier: VZW

BoSoxFan is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to BoSoxFan Send a message via AIM to BoSoxFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
well sorta, but you see... there's more too it than that... lemme break it down

ok, well now on your phone you've got SPL and OS and Radio, that's (3) parts not just (1)

1) SPL - you flash this only once to 'unlock' your phone. once your unlocked, its done.

2) OS - this is the custom ROM part, and the part you already understand.

3) Radio - GPS vs Non-GPS (there's more to radios, but lets keep it simple...)

On the HTC Titan and HTC Touch devices there are both GPS and non-GPS Radios, OS's, and SPL's
In order for your phone to boot and operate correctly they must all match (so they must all must be GPS or non-GPS)
When they do not match, you will experience the symptoms you posted.
ok, things are coming together now, lol, i loaded the radio you posted and it worked, phone booted up fine. Since i had just unlocked it the I had to call VZW to get phone back authenticated, no luck with *228. After that is done she said i needed to d/l and install: Titan_VZW_SPL2.07_CE3.57.605.2_Radio3.37.78_SHIP.e xe
however I see that it has a SPL also, the radio is a higher number and maybe more recently but is using that exe going to mess up the phone since I am using the mattsm ROM, or lock it back? Or is there really no benefit and I should just stick with what I already have?

And one last question, for now anyway. So i see like you said there are 3 parts so every time i upload another radio or rom it basicly wipes the old one out correct? If i tried to ruu and install btbone's ROM it would just remove mattsm and Be a fresh install basicly...

Also, would i have to call VZW again to get phone autenticated agian or did I only have to do that this time b/c i flashed the SPL? I had did a hard reset a few months back and Techie was being somewhat quizical as to why I had done another "hard reset" if you will.

Thanks again for you help guys
Old 07-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ive done 10 hard reste in a day. They dont care. Or you can swap the esn with another verizon phone online or by *228 option 3. Then back to the titan and it should work.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMedic View Post
Attention Verizon users: When you finish flashing you ROM you will need to call Verizon for a new Akey. This is caused by upgrading the Radio ROM to a GPS enabled radio. You will only have to do this once. If you ever flash a new radio it will not cause a problem as long as it is a GPS enabled radio. You just call VZW tech support and tell them you had to hard reset your phone and now when you make a phone call your phone says VZW cannot authenticate your phone. They will issue you a new AKey. They will walk you through putting the AKey in. The steps are dial ##778 and send(if it does not work don't panic try ##778#). It will ask for a code. Enter 000000. Select edit. Select the menu in the bottom left and choose Akey. On the next screen you will enter the new AKey that they provide.
An easier way if you got a warranty or other replacement phone from verizon. Write down your old ESN from you phone your about to turn in, then activate your new phone (you'll need to log into the vzw site). If you get the A-Key issue (problems geting you phone on their network when you try to make a call). Log into the vzw site, change phone, put in your old ESN, let it go, after that's done, log out, log back in, change ESN, put in your new ESN, and you'll be fixed. You still will have to do the *228 and program your phone..

Was told this directly from the vzw tech guy today.

Last edited by DavidinCT; 07-28-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800

BoSoxFan is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to BoSoxFan Send a message via AIM to BoSoxFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
An easier way if you got a warranty or other replacement phone from verizon. Write down your old ESN from you phone your about to turn in, then activate your new phone (you'll need to log into the vzw site). If you get the A-Key issue (problems geting you phone on their network when you try to make a call). Log into the vzw site, change phone, put in your old ESN, let it go, after that's done, log out, log back in, change ESN, put in your new ESN, and you'll be fixed.

nice, i sold both of my older VZW phones but I am sure I could get ahold of one from somewhere if i really needed too. Thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 11:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan/mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bertrenolds is becoming a great contributor

Just wanted to bump this for any noobs who can't find it, everything you need to know is in this thread, all 48 pages of it, otherwise you can fallow my instructions below which will work for any 6800 phone. very simple when you do it correctly, and I still say you should make your own rom, that way you know you have the right provider selected.

Still think the thread should be a sticky!!!!!

I feel like everyone is having the same problem and here is everything you need to know, cook a rom it's worth it! get 6.5

-Modifying Via USB Cable-

Best USB cable option is to start with olipro 1.2 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=332381 You just connect your phone to the computer via activ sync and then go to the titanunlocker.exe and run it, the phone should restart once installed. Then boot the phone to the windows touch screen setup message and then install the new Titan Radio ROM 3.42.50 here http://www.geek-pages.com/rom/Titan%...%203.42.50.rar with active sync and RUU through the phones windows touch screen setup window, your computer/activesync will see your phone when it is at the touch screen setup prompt window. Titan Radio ROM 3.42.50 is awsome, I get 2 bars in my house when I couldn't even get a signal with sprints crappy radio. You use RUU to install the titan radio through active sync which you get here ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/RUU/RUU.rar you extract the .nbh titan radio file out of the zipped folder it is in and then put it in the RUU folder where ever you extracted/installed it to. Then you run the romupdateutility.exe located in the RUU folder and it will install the radio to the phone, you have to have activesync connected to the phone at the same time as you are running RUU installer. Reboot the phone and when it get's to the windows message telling you to touch the screen to set up the phone run active sync again to install olipro 2.4 get here ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...rd-SPL-MFG.exe and boot back to the windows touch screen once again(if you can't boot out of olipro2.4 use this cmd line here ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...tan_exitbl.rar and make sure Wcesmgr.exe Wcescomm.exe Rapimgr.exe are all disabled in task manager on your computer before you do)
Then run active sync when the phone is at the windows touch screen message again and cook up a rom yourself, I personally am now a big fan of wm6.5 21501 which has been great so far, might upgrade to 21815. To cook get build OS http://ppckitchen.org/Downloads/BuildOS.msi and get cooking! pretty self explanitory, make sure you update build os completely and also select titan in update selection area.

-Modifying Via SD Card-

-A side note, You have to use olipro 1.2 to install the new titan radio if you are using a usb cable, otherwise if you have a sd card you can just install olipro 2.4 ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...rd-SPL-MFG.exe
and then install the titan radio with a >2gb sd card with the titan radio on it in the bootloader without installing olipro 1.2, your choice. It's not worth buying a sd card for if you ask me!! Just use the USB way I just described above and buy an 8gb sd card off ebay to put all your stuff on.

Last edited by bertrenolds; 08-12-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

lie07 is a n00b

well sorry to say but im stuck at TITA100 SPL-01.20 Olipro [i totally downloaded wrong]
can someone please help me get back
and start over
Thank You

Last edited by lie07; 09-04-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lie07 View Post
well sorry to say but im stuck at TITA100 SPL-01.20 Olipro [i totally downloaded wrong]
can someone please help me get back
and start over
Thank You
Take a look here btw welcome to PPCGeeks !!!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800, Alltel TP Raphael 800
Carrier: Vz

joeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMedic View Post
Attention Verizon users: When you finish flashing you ROM you will need to call Verizon for a new Akey. This is caused by upgrading the Radio ROM to a GPS enabled radio. You will only have to do this once. If you ever flash a new radio it will not cause a problem as long as it is a GPS enabled radio. You just call VZW tech support and tell them you had to hard reset your phone and now when you make a phone call your phone says VZW cannot authenticate your phone. They will issue you a new AKey. They will walk you through putting the AKey in. The steps are dial ##778 and send(if it does not work don't panic try ##778#). It will ask for a code. Enter 000000. Select edit. Select the menu in the bottom left and choose Akey. On the next screen you will enter the new AKey that they provide...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
An easier way if you got a warranty or other replacement phone from verizon. Write down your old ESN from you phone your about to turn in, then activate your new phone (you'll need to log into the vzw site). If you get the A-Key issue (problems geting you phone on their network when you try to make a call). Log into the vzw site, change phone, put in your old ESN, let it go, after that's done, log out, log back in, change ESN, put in your new ESN, and you'll be fixed. You still will have to do the *228 and program your phone..

OK, I've got some prior phone flashing experience, done a lot of reading & searching, but am still left with a noob question about this. I'm about to buy an XV6800 for use on Page Plus, a Verizon MVNO. The instructions above sound to me like:

1) If I get an XV6800 that never enabled the GPS while on Verizon, I won't be able to enable the GPS without a genuine account directly on Verizon.

2) If I get an XV6800 that never enabled the GPS while on Verizon, a possible workaround would be to upgrade to a GPS enabled rom/radio, and then have a friend with a Verizon account do the "Log into the vzw site, change phone, put in my ESN, let it go, after that's done, log out, log back in, change ESN, put back in their ESN, and you'll be fixed." thing. If so, does this solution require their phone to also be an XV6800, or another GPS enabled phone, or just one with a data plan?

3) If I get an XV6800 that HAS previously enabled the GPS with Verizon, I can flash any different GPS enabled rom/radio I want in the future and GPS will continue to work fine without any need for official Verizon support.

Can anyone offer opinions on some or all of this sounding correct? Thanks!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Having a VZW account does not matter. the whole deal about calling VZW was because the new radio install caused your phone not to be seen on the VZW network. So if you are just looking for GPS then being seen on VZW network does not matter. If you are going to use VZW then just call them for a new A Key. I cannot tell you how well the other answers given work as they are not tested by me.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development