PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

The00Stranger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrenolds View Post
I know, I was a noob 3 days ago, but I found everything searching and now I have posted the links to everything people need to mod their mogul/titan so they don't need to search anymore.

Well I got it, guess I was just making it too complicated. Just had to extract the ruu.rar file ( ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/RUU/RUU.rar ) to a folder, copy the downloaded nbh file to that folder and run the update utility.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan/mogul

bertrenolds is becoming a great contributor

Now the fun begins, you should cook up a rom, it's super easy! Use 6.5, makes 6.1 look midevil! If you use BuildOS otherwise knows as PPC Kitchen make sure you do every update and also select titan when updating.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I don't know what is going on awith the ppckitchen. It has been quite some time since they updated. I hope you guys update soon. I have been using a few other ROMs from others with a bit more stability over the current kitchen.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

jesus, god almighty i have been looking for something like this for MONTHS! BRAVO my fellow Georgian BRAfreakingVO =D>

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 07-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrenolds View Post
Now the fun begins, you should cook up a rom, it's super easy! Use 6.5, makes 6.1 look midevil! If you use BuildOS otherwise knows as PPC Kitchen make sure you do every update and also select titan when updating.
Also, about PPCKitchen,
When you chose the 6.1 base (upper window),
(since there is not yet a base selection for 6.5),
Just make sure you select the WM6.5_96DPI_QVGA_21501_0409 (lower window),
and you will have yourself a nice recipie to work with.
It won't show as 6.5 untill after flashing.

ENJOY!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Shivraj is a n00b

great tutorial
Old 07-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800

BoSoxFan is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to BoSoxFan Send a message via AIM to BoSoxFan

I am truel sorry if this was already addressed somewhere else in the 47 pages of this thread, i have read about 20 of them. Also hate to use my first post to ask a questions, however i must as i use my 6800 as my wireless internet modem and until i get it fixed i am in the back yard stealing the neighbors wifi, lol.

My PC: Windows Vista
Phone: VX-6800

I used the OliPro 2.40 and everything worked perfect until i got to the end to exit bootloader. Phone is stuck on the rainbow, shows OliPro 2.40, however every time i try any of the exit bootloader programs it advises unable to connect, make sure I have disabled USB in WMDC, which I have, and make sure USB cable is connected correctly, which I also have. The only other problem I see if while WMDC has usb disabled the phone is still be detected by VISTA and showing up in device manager under mobile devies at HTC USB Device or whatever. Any help will be appreciated. I tried the one thread that stated to end the two wcesXXXX processes and rigp or whatever but still no luck.

thanks

BSF
Old 07-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

My only expirence is with XP.
I have been searching threads for Vista, and exit bootloader.
If you could find an old "XP" (reliable) machine, then I can help.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxFan View Post
I am truel sorry if this was already addressed somewhere else in the 47 pages of this thread, i have read about 20 of them. Also hate to use my first post to ask a questions, however i must as i use my 6800 as my wireless internet modem and until i get it fixed i am in the back yard stealing the neighbors wifi, lol.

My PC: Windows Vista
Phone: VX-6800

I used the OliPro 2.40 and everything worked perfect until i got to the end to exit bootloader. Phone is stuck on the rainbow, shows OliPro 2.40, however every time i try any of the exit bootloader programs it advises unable to connect, make sure I have disabled USB in WMDC, which I have, and make sure USB cable is connected correctly, which I also have. The only other problem I see if while WMDC has usb disabled the phone is still be detected by VISTA and showing up in device manager under mobile devies at HTC USB Device or whatever. Any help will be appreciated. I tried the one thread that stated to end the two wcesXXXX processes and rigp or whatever but still no luck.

thanks

BSF
Not sure exaclty where you are at with this. (what steps got you to stuck in bootloader)
But if all you have done is unlocked and are now stuck in bootloader 2.40olipro.
Then just flash a custom rom

Old 07-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800

BoSoxFan is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to BoSoxFan Send a message via AIM to BoSoxFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
Not sure exaclty where you are at with this. (what steps got you to stuck in bootloader)
But if all you have done is unlocked and are now stuck in bootloader 2.40olipro.
Then just flash a custom rom
yes, just stuck in the bootloader but when i run ruu isn't that uploading a stock if you will ROM? b/c i do that and then run the prog to exit bootloader and it won't connect/detect phone... I am d/l your ROM now to test it out and see if i get any futher....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development