PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

ggaeta,
I believe you just unlock and flash a GPS enbled ROM and it should be fine. I have not tried the 3.37 radio but I have seen others say it works fine.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 01-27-2009, 04:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro - MightyROM6
Carrier: PagePlus

deegge is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMedic View Post
ggaeta,
I believe you just unlock and flash a GPS enbled ROM and it should be fine. I have not tried the 3.37 radio but I have seen others say it works fine.
I got my xv6800 last month and have followed this very helpful thread to the "t" but now I'm stuck at the Verzion spash screen. I kept the 3.37 Radio that it came with, unlocked it and flashed a couple different GPS roms (DCD, No2Chem, Scott, GaMedic) successfully. (Didn't cook any). I changed the splash screens but they didn't look good and no matter what ROM I flashed the Splash screens wounldn't change. So I relocked it and flashed the OEM VZW rom successfully. Then I unlocked it (nueSPL-2.47) flashed it (nueROM3Titan-6152-3pre3) but it never gets pass the VZW Splash.

Bootloader says:
TITA100
SPL2.47No2Chem Titan SPL EVT
CPLD-9

Splash screen has nothing on top and this on the bottom which fades away:
M 09 P ACAAAAM-4070
B 03 R 1.30.60
D 3.5.6

I've tried flashing different GPS ROMS again. To me it looks like the Radio has downgraded. Is that from the VZW OEM ROM?

I have not been able to sync through my PC at home or work. The cable I have is from a charger and I'm not sure if that's the problem or not. I've been flashing with the SD card which is great.

But now I've stuck - I need your help badly. Any and All suggestions are Welcome. Thanks!

Last edited by deegge; 01-27-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Always follow these steps. Unlock, update radio to GPS compatible, and then to ROM. You have an old radio. I am not for sure next step but I think reflash to stock then try again. Remember that a lot of stock roms include a radio. Yours appears to now be radio 1.30.60 which is non gps so gps rom won't run on that radio.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:07 PM
N00b

If I go back to stock, then shouldn't I re-lock it first? If I don't re-lock what would happen if I flash to stock? (thanks for the help)
Old 01-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yes you need to relock to go back to stock. But You are at a point that the phone is brickable. So proceed carefully and at your own risk.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:20 PM
N00b

Anyone have any ideas on how to relock at this point (when the phone won't go past the Splash screen) The only way to get out of that is reset (which brings the Splash back after boot) and taking the battery out. I can get to the bootloader and hard reset.

Am I screwed?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Mr. Chevy

Nevermind
Old 01-27-2009, 07:33 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Nevermind
Can anyone help?

To sum it up, I have an Unlocked xv6800, with a GPS Rom, and non-GPS Radio. I know - it sucks. (you can read above to see how I got myself there). I'm stuck at the VZW splash screen.

Is there a way, to relock it, and add a non-GPS Rom?

or ... Would flashing with a GPS Radio work?

Ideas anyone??? ... I appreciate thoughts ...

Last edited by deegge; 01-27-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:32 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegge View Post
Can anyone help?

To sum it up, I have an Unlocked xv6800, with a GPS Rom, and non-GPS Radio. I know - it sucks. (you can read above to see how I got myself there). I'm stuck at the VZW splash screen.

Is there a way, to relock it, and add a non-GPS Rom?

or ... Would flashing with a GPS Radio work?

Ideas anyone??? ... I appreciate thoughts ...
(Should I flash to a later Radio or early one?)

Last edited by deegge; 01-27-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Noob here needing help ...
Old 01-28-2009, 12:07 PM
N00b

I wanted to let everyone know that I fixed my phone by flashing a new Radio (DCD 3.42.40) and then a new ROM (NueROM3 6152-3pre3). Everything works without having to reactivate or do anything with Verizon.

*Also ... the GPS works - with no Data Connection.* (I deleted the data connection setup where it was calling #777 so I know there is are data charges). The only thing I did was add Baffles GPS Toggle 1.9. I installed TomTom7 and it worked perfect this morning going to work - voice turns and all. The phone also works while TomTom was navigating.

Last edited by deegge; 01-28-2009 at 04:41 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development