PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 06:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

MrPenguin_2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

Well I have good news and bad news. I finally got around to downloading the android kernel and putting the screen rotation fix in. It works in 1.1 but not in 1.5. For some reason it flips up and down instead of left and right in 1.5. I don't care that much because 1.5 is nowhere near usable on the Titan right now. Anyways...while testing out the zImage I discovered that everything except sending/receiving calls works. So if anyone happens to discover what needs to be done to the kernel to allow calls let me know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

sonicvibe is a n00b

Does anyone know where I can find the 1.1 vogue build? I can't seem to find it anywhere, I've followed all the links in the forum and it seems they have removed all but the latest builds.

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Lurker

Bunsly is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicvibe View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the 1.1 vogue build? I can't seem to find it anywhere, I've followed all the links in the forum and it seems they have removed all but the latest builds.

Thanks!
I can't find it either ): SAD D:

Anyone have it?:<
Old 11-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Lurker

shaolin77 is a n00b

Hey everyone, I have gone through pretty much all 50+ postings regarding Android and the mogul...I've been trying to get Android to boot all day yesterday...had similar problems like some of you have been experiencing. The error I was getting was can't access tty; job control turned off"

I dont have a SDHC card, but a regular 1GB Micro SD card, I downloaded the necessary files from http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/ ) extacted them to the root of the SD card and when I attempted to boot thats when I got the error. I'm a little confused regarding these files since it seems its for the vogue....but some have said this works with the Mogul...so any clarification would help.

I see some where saying it could be either the card or how its been formatted. I then proceeded to format my SD though my windows box using both FAT and FAT32 FS and extracted the files again....still nothing still getting the same error mentioned above.

While doing some research I found someone name Magister who has been working on getting Android working the Mogul... went to his website http://magister.ipsys.net/?page_id=69&lang=en and I downloaded his packaged files I also ended up formatting my Micro SD again but this time I formatted it through my Linux box using FAT....I'm not sure if this made a difference or not...however with Magister's package I was able to boot Android in seconds...so a BIG THANKS goes out to Magister.

Functionality with Magister's package is not bad...I was able to make calls, send text and get on the internet immediately. My keyboard works...button layout is a little different..but I'm getting use to it....while I haven't fully tested everything yet...there are two apps so far that aren't working (Calendar and Camera). I read some posting regarding performance...while its not blazing fast...I'm impressed with the response in its current state...It's not really that bad.

I'm not sure what Android version Magister's package contains. However, does anyone have a more current build of Android that is working on the HTC Mogul and can direct me to where I can get the files and the exact steps on how to get it installed.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

I haven't been on here in a while, but I do have Android working on the mogul. I believe that we haven't gotten to crack 1.5 yet, so we're stuck with 1.1 for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thvoicwethin View Post
Here is my WORKING Android 1.1 for the Titan/Mogul.
Android-Mogul.rar
PM me for the password, and remember to click thanks after downloading, I keep close tabs on the download to thanks ratio.

Simply put everything BUT data.img and system.img on your my docs folder on your ppc. The other two files should stay on your mem card. Run haret.exe and click RUN, make sure your internet connection is active BEFORE running haret to insure you get internet while using Android. ( I don't use internet on Android so I don't know how to fix the internet thing if your having problems)

I am using the Android 1.1 version from this website: http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/files/

No credit goes to me for the making of this software to be able to load Android on your ppc. I am simply posting a working Android Rar so that you don't have problems loading it.

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:49 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thvoicwethin View Post
I haven't been on here in a while, but I do have Android working on the mogul. I believe that we haven't gotten to crack 1.5 yet, so we're stuck with 1.1 for now.
I've been using the 1.5 build for the Vogue for quite some time now. It's slower than 1.1, but it isn't too bad.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Lurker

shaolin77 is a n00b

MrPenguin_2,
Can you tell where I can find the 1.5 Build and exactly which files I need to download with. I would like to test and possible contribute to this good cause.

Thanks!!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

bpc420 is just getting started

Here is a working version of Android 1.1 for everyone to try...i hope this will get more people interested in this OS and hopefully we will make progress in getting newer versions ported over to our 6800's have fun..enjoy. Thanks is appreciated.
http://www.4shared.com/file/15281382...1/ANDROID.html
Old 11-15-2009, 06:37 PM
N00b

The 1.5 files that I've been using can be downloaded from here:
http://code.google.com/p/vogue-android/downloads/list

The files you'll need are listed here:
http://code.google.com/p/vogue-andro...i/HowToInstall

Basically, make sure you have: the basefiles, system.img, haret launcher, default.txt, rootfs, and zImage. (Some of that list may be included in the basefiles download. I don't remember what all was included in there anymore - I haven't had a need to download them in a while.)

I'll post my default.txt later if you need it.

Hope that helps!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

bpc420 is just getting started

Can someone please Post a working 1.5 android version mine hangs up on boot everytime??? please give us a link to a folder with everything we need to copy to the SD card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development