PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 05:19 PM
segadc

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

Thanks guys this worked! Really it was only slow during the tutorial. After that it was fast! You guys rock!

edit: My first post cool. Usually I am posting over XDA so thanks again!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hermes
Carrier: Airtel, India

softinker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

am not able to get it working on my imate jasjam (htc hermes, but isn't it identical to htc titan?)
am using a 1 gb card formatted in xp to fat32 as single partition.
put the files in root and it is stuck at "jumping to kernel"
any ideas anyone?
Old 12-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

shaolin77 is a n00b

Thanks BPC for providing the link to Android 1.5...was wondering if we have a team here that is working on this project...I would like to get involved with helping on getting Android to run on the mogul. I'm a linux user and I'm familiar with programming....so if anyone can point me in the right direction or provide me the resources I would need to start working on this..that would be great.

(P.S) BPC I clicked on the Thanks button
Old 03-24-2010, 05:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Any updates ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 03-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cricket

leonicdragon is a n00b

So from what I've read, the major problem with Android is the lack of memory on the Titan. 1.6 is the highest anyone can load and still be functional. What we really need to focus on is porting that Vogue NBH file so that we can get this working on the NAND. Then we can see how far we can go. Also the wifi stil doesn't patch on the titan, and the switch becomes a light switch lol
Old 03-31-2010, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonicdragon View Post
So from what I've read, the major problem with Android is the lack of memory on the Titan. 1.6 is the highest anyone can load and still be functional. What we really need to focus on is porting that Vogue NBH file so that we can get this working on the NAND. Then we can see how far we can go. Also the wifi stil doesn't patch on the titan, and the switch becomes a light switch lol
I wish we could install a complete rom. The performance running it on a flash card over WM is really bad. I would love to try to for a few days as the full OS on my phone to see if upgrading to a Droid phone is something I might be interested in.

Would that give us more memory to work with ?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan/XV6800 Verizon

jibgilmon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
The performance running it on a flash card over WM is really bad.
Hey I'm not trying to be an ******* when I say this, I'm trying to help you understand what's happening better.

Using haret doesn't run android from windows. Basically what it does, is restart your device and instructs it to read form another location, in this case the SD card. Therefore, it isn't slow because it's running from windows, it's slow because A. lack of memory on the titan and B. it's loading from the card.

TO EVERYONE ELSE:

Do we have a proof of concept of Android running on the Titan? Yes. Are we ever going to get a NAND-flashable version? NO, unless you can find someone who's willing to rewrite the necessary files specifically for the Titan and it's specification. The only reason it's available for other devices is because 1. someone put the time and effort into it and 2. the devices have certain similarities.

Even if we did have a version for the Titan, would it be practical? I would say no. I personally would flash it to the Titan because I love the interface, but you have to realize that it wouldn't be much faster than it already is running off the SD card. It's kinda like the difference between running an app installed to the device and an app stored to the card, it's really not that much of a difference.

Pick your poison:

1. Deal with WM, i suggest moving to a light version of 6.5, it's what I use and I don't mind the speed.

2. Deal with using haret.

3. Buy a phone that natively runs Android.

4. Beg your carrier to upgrade your phone or replace it if it's "broken". If they don't offer an Android phone, pray for one you can flash with Android.

Last edited by jibgilmon; 05-08-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

lucky644 is a n00b

Just wanted to say this is really cool, I have 1.5 running great on my stock Telus rom.

Well, as great as it can be without wifi, and random freezing :P

Still very cool.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development