PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: phone
Carrier: yes

theedon is keeping up the good worktheedon is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM5 + GPS Working + Bluetooth Update(31Aug08)

Ok Now that I have your attention... Yes, I did manage to get WM5 to work with GPS, Bluetooth, Rev A and everything else I tested worked too.

Update 31 Aug 08

I am uploading some "minor" updates...

1. I fixed a bug in the smart dialer (if the phone was up for more than 18 hours the smart dialer would stop working... I believe this is fixed...
2. I changed the standard WM5 phone skin to the Crossbow dial pad... It is almost the same but the Crossbow is more 3D looking.... I believe this is what corrected item 1.
3. I cooked in the camera... I forgot to put it in when I did the last clean rom...
4. I changed the Internet sharing from the WM6.1 version to the WM6.0 version. The WM6.0 version lets you select the connection where the 6.1 version required you to hack the registry...
5. I cooked some roms for other carriers BUT I ONLY HAVE A SPRINT PHONE so they may not work... Brave ones who try, Post your results here so others can benefit.

One more note... I don't use any ringtones except the OldPhone.wav that is in WM5 (and the occasional Duke Nukem3d mp3)... So I'm not in a position to figure out why the .m4a files don't work.

Finally: I went for over 3 days without having to soft reset... the ram starts at ~25.5 and dropped over the first 24 hours to ~18.5 and then stayed there for the next 48 hours... I note this because I always see posts about how much memory is free after a soft reset but I haven't seen anyone bragging about how much memory is left after 72 hours!!! Heck, I couldn't even go 24hours without doing a soft reset with WM6.x...

__________________________________________________ ____________
16 Aug 08

Radio 3.42.50 (Also works with 3.42.02)
Olipro 2.4

I just updated the WM5 Rom image. A little history. I used to own an Apache 6700 phone and I used Helmi's WM5. It was really great so I decided to try using the OS from Helmi's last edition of the WM5 rom for the Apache as the basis for building a rom for the Titan. Well, it seems that Helmi is really a master at rom building because after getting it ported over I am amazed by the quality of the OS. Anyway, I thought others might be interested too so I built a rom which I have uploaded and I added the necessary files to use the PPCKitchen (Look in the previous posts to this thread for the links) Anyway, the files I uploaded are...

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/theedon

RUU_signed.nbh (a cooked rom SPRINT only)
Clean-RUU_signed.nbh (Very Clean SPRINT only Rom)

The necessary files to use the PPCKitchen to cook your own rom...
Titan_WM5.rar
SYS_WM5-oldApache.rar
Generic_OEM-WM5.rar
Bluetooth Module.rar (Need this module to add Blue Tooth Functionality)
Titan_WM5 Selections.txt

NOTE: if you use the PPCKitchen you will get two errors while loading the files. The error is caused by one of the modules (Track Me) in PPCGeeks_OEM.rar. The OEM is looking for an installed component that doesn't exist in WM5. You can just click past the errors and everything will be fine but I would suggest not using that particular module.

The Clean rom includes the following Applications...
Comm Manager (10-Button)
Esmertec Jbed Java
Pocket RAR
nueExtROM Configuration Tool
Bluetooth WM5
NETCF 3.5

The pre-built Rom has the following applications.
Comm Manager (10-Button)
Microsoft Hearts
HTC Zip
Esmertec Jbed Java
HTC Sliding Sound
Oxios Memory
FdcSoft PIM Backup
Pocket RAR
Pocket Sudoku
Skip Welcome (Titan Only)
HTC Sliding Sound Control Panel
Cleartype On
Menu Sounds
Clock in Title Bar
AdobeReaderLE.2_00_288531
M_Calendar
dotFred Task Manager v3.1
Google Maps
GPSAuto
Mobibook Reader 5.3.582
nueLED LED Intermediate Driver
nueExtROM Configuration Tool
Cycle BT
HP-eV41 Calculator
File Dialog Changer 1.66
GSPlayer - Music Player -- GSFinder - File Manager
BigJ Missile Command
PocketLoop - Game
Patience
Power Backlight Settings
Auto Time Sync
SpoonAlarm
TCPMP -6.1 capable
Total Commander
VJCandela - (TITAN ONLY) Matt-mod
Bluetooth WM5
NETCF 3.5
USB Mass Storage Driver

Some final notes: A clean boot has 26 MB of Memory but more importantly, after 24hrs of use it still has ~22 MB of Memory... I haven't found ANY other rom that can boast that level of memory stability.

Anyway, enjoy!

_________________ PREVIOUS POSTS ________________________
Radio 3.42.02
Olipro 2.4

I used the PPCkitchen and the TItan 19588 kitchen as the template.
http://ppckitchen.org/joomla/index.p...page&Itemid=55

I used Sampson's clean WM5 as my source for WM5
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=wm5%2A

After a reboot, I have 25MB free and it seems to run very fast and smooth compared to the current WM 6.1 release.

If anyone is interested, (AND KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING) here are the four files that need to be dropped into the kitchen to allow you to build the WM 5 rom. (If you don't know where these files go then you probably shouldn't mess with this until someone who knows what they are doing officially incorporates this into the kitchen (which isn't likely to happen))

Titan_WM5 Selections.txt
SYS_WM5.rar
Titan_WM5.rar
Bluetoooth WM5 Module.rar

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/theedon

NOTE: I really don't know what I am doing I just got lucky that everything is working.

NOTE2: I had to use WM5 office... so don't select office 6.1 when you are checking off installed components in the kitchen.

NOTE3: if you try to build the rom then Main Splash needs to be set to default. It won't build if it is set to anything else. Also, when you save the configuration the default setting is not saved to you have to reset it every time you load the configuration.

NOTE4: I have already spent a considerable amount of time trying to get bluetooth working and finally did!!!

NOTE5: I only tried this with Sprint

NOTE6: As I already stated, I don't really know what I'm doing so all the version information that is loaded into the phone still says WM6 but if you look at the icons and the the phone signal strength you will notice they are both consistent with WM5... sorry if the incorrect version information incorporated into these files causes any confusion.

Edited -------------------------------------------------
NOTE7: I added the file RUU_signed.nbh to the files....It is for SPRINT ONLY!!! It contains the following programs.... (the programs with an X in front of them have been tested and confirmed working... I was trying to get bluetooth working so I wasn't so concerned about testing all of them).
Remember this is only a demonstration that WM5 will work with the current drivers it is not a complete rom...
Use this file AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

X Mobibook Reader
X YouTube Player
AdobeReaderLE.2_00_288531
X Comm Manager (10-Button)
Cyberon Voice Commander
X File Dialog Changer
Microsoft Hearts
X HTC Smartdialing
HTC Zip
Esmertec Jbed Java
X MP3 Trimmer
X nueLED LED Intermediate Driver
X HTC Titan Camera
HTC Sliding Sound
OneNote
X Oxios Memory
FdcSoft PIM Backup
X Pocket RAR
Pocket Sudoku
X Skip Welcome (Titan Only)
X Total Commander
X Cleartype On
X Menu Sounds
X dotFred Task Manager v3.1
X Google Maps
GPSAuto
X nueExtROM Configuration Tool
X Cycle BT
X HP-eV41 Calculator
X MortPlayer
PocketLoop - Game
X Auto Time Sync
X TCPMP -6.1 capable
WM5torage 1.8 + CardExport
X IOTA signed_080516_7500_SPCS_2.04
X NETCF 3.5

Last edited by theedon; 08-31-2008 at 09:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling
Re: WM5 + GPS Working

let me try your working rom...rather then rebuilding myself using the kitchen.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifiling View Post
let me try your working rom...rather then rebuilding myself using the kitchen.
I added the file RUU_signed.nbh at the location specified in the first post... USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Fuzzy Wuzzy is becoming a great contributor

Nooo way, I've been waiting for this to happen!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nice find. wonder how much props is gonna get now though since No2chem has 6.1 moving so fast. nonetheless...this is pretty nice.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I got the WM5 rom working with GPS and Bluetooth... I uploaded all of the necessary files to build the rom with the ppcgeeks kitchen and I also uploaded a rom image. (go to the first post). It seems to be working great but I have only been using it for about two hours. Remember, this is only for SPRINT unless you build your own rom image.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: WM5 + GPS Working + Bluetooth

i jus set mine up using the kitchen....this is really fast, and really solid. i'm still using the one from yesterday, see u got the bt working. don't use it much but if the need arises....happy u got it there for the upgrade. once again, nice job.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

hey theedon..do u know how to make the title today plugin one line instead of two...i tried but it's not working. from what i ready about editing the registry...the line isn't the. autosingledateline dword 1....or something like that.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

I would use this, but No2Chems NueRom 2.2 pre 7 has 25MB free at first boot. It's blazing fast and I really don't see what the benefit of using WM5 vs WM6.1
Old 07-08-2008, 11:39 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
I would use this, but No2Chems NueRom 2.2 pre 7 has 25MB free at first boot. It's blazing fast and I really don't see what the benefit of using WM5 vs WM6.1
Its really just to prove that it can be done

But i digress... WM5 has been around for quite some time, and many users are familiar with it, and its 'stable' compared to our beloved no2chem's bleeding edge WM 6.1 technology. While NueRom 2.2 Preview 7 has about the same amount of RAM after boot as this WM5 Rom, i am willing to bet that No2's ROM will have many more 'bugs' over this WM5 build. The reason is obvious - need i say more? That's rhetorical !!! While i applaud the effort and will admit that this is groundbreaking - personally i'd rather my bleeding edge no2chem ROM. Others however may not share my (and obviously yours too ) opinion, and this provides and EXCELLENT alternative.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development