PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms
Carrier: Sprint

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Titan Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19209 (Build 19209.1.0.2) aka 5060

Ok, this is something I dont understand... I was looking in my buildOS folder and saw a button at the top that said "show compatibility files" I clicked on that and it took me to some system folder with another copy of my ppckitchen.org folder and a copy of my previous install folder which contained the old copies of the files I had before I uninstalled and then reinstalled the kitchen, for some reason Vista was using these files no matter what I selected... Some kind of "alternative local cache" of old, outdated and incorrect files. I deleted these from the folder named "virtual" and now it loads fine.. Is there some known incompatibility with Vista that could cause this to happen? I have never seen something like this happen before.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Leo
Carrier: ATT

Pocketdoc is a n00b

You guys ROCK!

Seems faster, and I added some extra stuff.

Haven't tested, but I hope the new MS VC has better BT announcements.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

is there anywhere to put the rom into your own ruu everytime i get ready to put the new rom on the phone it says something about the ruu could not retrieve rom i have flashed many times but this one is confusing me.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 04-03-2008, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor

Still getting error 240 from RUU (file not found) for some reason Vista is deleting the nbh or who knows what.. it is not in the RUU folder where it should be.. Anyone else using Vista had any weird issues?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Livin' Dangerously

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions

so from what im hearing there is no way i can use this
Old 04-03-2008, 11:53 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaknfused View Post
Still getting error 240 from RUU (file not found) for some reason Vista is deleting the nbh or who knows what.. it is not in the RUU folder where it should be.. Anyone else using Vista had any weird issues?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=336869

another google hit:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=264462

yet another:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-298516.html

Quote:
> ERROR [240] : FILE OPEN
When this error message appears, check whether the downloaded image is placed in the directory of RUU. If, for some unknown reason, you find that the ROM image is not located in the RUU folder, you have to download the RUU and retry again.

Last edited by puff; 04-03-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:04 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
is there anywhere to put the rom into your own ruu everytime i get ready to put the new rom on the phone it says something about the ruu could not retrieve rom i have flashed many times but this one is confusing me.
if your asking if you can extract the nbh file and put it in a blank RUU, then yes - that's what i was told. -> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=420

nice post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
so from what im hearing there is no way i can use this
what are you talkin about? what can't you use? are you recieving an error msg? do you have any details cuz the more details, the better answer
Old 04-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Livin' Dangerously

yea its the 240 error. i wwas jus mad becuz my phone was on the fritz for a lilbit and i had plenty of time to flash itnow not so much.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, Sprint Touch Pro 2, Samsung Epic 4G

NipTuck170 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to NipTuck170

I know someone's gonna say "just search," but i've been searching and reading every thread with installation instructions, and i read the installation instructions at ppckitchen.org, but i still don't quite get how to install this new rom, or even what a rom is for that matter. Is it like a new bios and operating system for a computer? I have the new sprint 3.35 rom on my phone and its been crap. the old 2.09 rom i had before i upgraded was ten million times better, so i really want to try this new rom. I was just hoping someone could explain to me step by step what to do, and tell me exactly whats happening when i do it, i'd really appreciate it (i'm a real newbie and reading everything here just gets me more confused). Also, what's an OEM (besides original equipment manufacturer), and after i do this it will be like the upgrade i did from sprint, right? so will active sync still work, or do i have to get some other kind of back-up program? One more thing, what's a BT, what's a kitchen, whats the difference between the kitchen version and the pre-packaged version, and i saw on another thread that someone said 5060 doesnt have the feature of 3.35 that i love the most: closing a program by hitting "x" (option found in task manager), is that true. I know i've asked a million questions, but all help will be greatly appreciated. I am really hating 3.35.

Last edited by NipTuck170; 04-04-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

If you are getting Error 240, you are probably not running BuildOS as Administrator in Vista. I think this is causing the .nbh to not be copied from the Temp dir to the RUU dir. You can find the RUU_signed.nbh in your Application Data folder.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development