Old 04-04-2008, 09:30 AM
NipTuck170
PPCGeeks Regular

NipTuck170 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to NipTuck170
Re: Titan Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19209 (Build 19209.1.0.2) aka 5060

I know someone's gonna say "just search," but i've been searching and reading every thread with installation instructions, and i read the installation instructions at ppckitchen.org, but i still don't quite get how to install this new rom, or even what a rom is for that matter. Is it like a new bios and operating system for a computer? I have the new sprint 3.35 rom on my phone and its been crap. the old 2.09 rom i had before i upgraded was ten million times better, so i really want to try this new rom. I was just hoping someone could explain to me step by step what to do, and tell me exactly whats happening when i do it, i'd really appreciate it (i'm a real newbie and reading everything here just gets me more confused). Also, what's an OEM (besides original equipment manufacturer), and after i do this it will be like the upgrade i did from sprint, right? so will active sync still work, or do i have to get some other kind of back-up program? One more thing, what's a BT, what's a kitchen, whats the difference between the kitchen version and the pre-packaged version, and i saw on another thread that someone said 5060 doesnt have the feature of 3.35 that i love the most: closing a program by hitting "x" (option found in task manager), is that true. I know i've asked a million questions, but all help will be greatly appreciated. I am really hating 3.35.

Last edited by NipTuck170; 04-04-2008 at 02:00 PM.