PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
Re: Sprint Official and DCD on Alltel - Success Story

Guess i will have to give my self a crash course on how to use a kitchen, or just read above, but i have never used one, will beintresting. thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 12:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

broken041 is just getting started

Follow the directions...be patient. I took a look at it all and found the directions to be clear and correct. I came from Nexvision's Hybrid and 3.27.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

i am trying to run the kitchen and it just flashes and goes away. im going to try to uninstall both programs and run again..

Will

update well i figured it out i was trying to move things after i unpacked the kitchen, this is fun learning thanks all

Last edited by shellguy; 03-17-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond on the way

madcapperx is a n00b

AWESOME!!! this was my first upgrade. I followed the directions step by step and it worked perfect. EZ even for a total noob. great write up!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800

broken041 is just getting started

Any problems? Anything like battery life, not waking up, keyboard lighting up, etc etc? So far so good here. This seems to be the most stable rom that I have used in awhile since the one that I cooked on my 6700. No complaints here, give you a thumbs up SKNY!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

loudmax20 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to loudmax20

Battery Life is ok. It was way better on Alltel's official WM6 ROM I could go 2 days before charging it, with this I can only go about a day, and I text alot and browse the web. So I might just go back to Alltel's ROM if I notice it being a problem, the only thing I'm in absolute love with is the threaded sms, other than that it's a good rom. Its much improved over the previous beta based roms, as far as stability I haven't notice it being any more unstable than Alltel's of course I power down my phone and charge it every night. So its always fresh and ready togo in the morning.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Lurker

drnigelchanning is a n00b

Hello there

I would like to thank the thread creator, it was probably the most helpful information for a person who had just received a 6800 in the mail and wanted to immediatley dive into fine tuning the device.

Well, I've been through everything, including having succombed to the dreaded Sprint monster's installation out of sheer carelessness.

To all of you other Alltel users who made the same mistake I did of letting the Sprint installation crap all over your 6800, here is an unmolested copy, clean and pure of what you received in the box:

http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=63&act=sd

1) First run the Titan Re-Locker program that will take your bootloader thing (the color screen) from olipro 2.4 and move back to 1.0x.... (the new 2.4 bootloader won't work with the Alltel original ROM)

2) Run the Alltel update listed above, and your device should be as good (or lame) as new.

Problem I am having however:

The GPS chip in my device is extremely finicky, only working exactly half of the time.Sometimes Live and Google Maps will pinpoint perfectly, other times they will come up with absolutley nothing. (COM PORT 4, BAUD 4800)

I believed it had something to do what I did after I fixed my mistake of going all the way with the Sprint installer. I then proceeded to go back to the original Alltel ROM and building back up to the success of DCD's 3.01.

The only way to make it work (50% of the time) Is through doing soft resets of the device and switching the option "Reveal my Location" On and off and back again.

Any suggesstions on how I should go about getting the GPS to at least work 75% of the time?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tilt2 (RHOD300)
Carrier: ATT

Ridemywideglide is a n00b

My biggest issue with DCD's rom is the power management, or lack thereof seemingly.
Phone sit on cradle all night only to gain 8% power (from 48%-56%) and then sits the rest of the day to only geet up to 73%.
Car charger is the only reliable way of powering it back up. If it does manage to get to 100% on the cradle then the charging kicks off and it starts draining the battery again.
20 minutes of phone call = 18% drain.

I don't know if it's something DCD did, or just wonderful MS again, but I can't live with a phone that has to be tied to a power source all the time.

Great rom, very fast, just eats the battery.

Last edited by Ridemywideglide; 03-24-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-24-2008, 10:39 AM
h20
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

h20 is a n00b

Another Success Story - Noooo Bricks Alltel users fear not! First before you do anything, READ! As much as you can so you know whats going on. All the brick stories seem to be because instructions were not followed. Use the Right Unlocker with the Right Radio with the Right Rom (or kitchen) and you will be fine. And whatever you do don't panic. 1. Download everything you need FIRST. 2. connect phone. establish activesync connection 3. run olipro 2.40 unlocker you will lose activesync at this point(it's ok) you now will have the rainbow screen 4. run the sprint radio and rom update from the htc website (it WILL say to establish activesync but don't worry just flash) Let the phone update proceed untill the phone says to touch the screen....Don't Touch It!!!!!! the computer will re-establish activesync at this point. 5. install your custom rom or kitchen at this point(this overwrites the sprint rom) I personally used DCD's 3.0.1 self-extracting alltel ROM. It will go again to the touch screen point and NOW you can touch it. That's IT!!!!!!!! So far this ROM has fixed BT random drops with my Motorola HT820 (the real reason I had to update) Thanks Alltel for getting on that fix right away - numerous phone calls and nothing for 7 months!!!! Phone would occasionaly not ring at all and only ring once when brought out of sleep......sorry Alltel but instead of putting money into a stupid MAN CAVE on your website why not make sure you have techs that can figure out why my phone isn't ringing...IT'S KINDA IMPORTANT FOR A PHONE TO RING!!!!! Thanks DCD and everyone else who gave me the knowhow, software, and balls to do it. I will report back with any info as I notice.....
Old 03-26-2008, 04:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gary76usmc is a n00b

Excellent write up SKNY, I am a total noob and it worked great on my Alltel PPC-6800. I have to say that the steps you had detailed were perfect. Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development