PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Re: VetVito's Aero Windows Mobile (6.1.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longveiw View Post
I'm running the Black Pill and have to say thanks! It's fricken awesome!

I have no complaints at all!

I do have a question or two tho...

How hard would it be to add the Sprint Music store to the Sprint ROM? I don't mind installing a .cab myself I just can't seem to find it anywhere. VetVito, if you could point me in the right direction that would be awesome (or just build a custom ROM just for me and add it to it

One other question... is there a way to change the soft keys? I know on the stock ROM you can do this so I'm assuming it should be able to be done, I just can't find the menu option.

Also, is there a way to add the Task Manager to the top right of the today screen like the stock ROM has? I have Resco Explorer installed and that adds this option to the today screen. But I feel like the only reason I have Resco installed is for that feature. So if there is a way to add it (or add this to your next updated ROM) please let me know, then I can uninstall Resco and have an even cleaner ROM!

Thanks a lot for all your hard work, and your taste in "eye candy" is very good I love it!
I second this motion, really the only other thing that I need as it is a source of new free ringtones!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by longveiw View Post
I'm running the Black Pill and have to say thanks! It's fricken awesome!

I have no complaints at all!

I do have a question or two tho...

How hard would it be to add the Sprint Music store to the Sprint ROM? I don't mind installing a .cab myself I just can't seem to find it anywhere. VetVito, if you could point me in the right direction that would be awesome (or just build a custom ROM just for me and add it to it

One other question... is there a way to change the soft keys? I know on the stock ROM you can do this so I'm assuming it should be able to be done, I just can't find the menu option.

Also, is there a way to add the Task Manager to the top right of the today screen like the stock ROM has? I have Resco Explorer installed and that adds this option to the today screen. But I feel like the only reason I have Resco installed is for that feature. So if there is a way to add it (or add this to your next updated ROM) please let me know, then I can uninstall Resco and have an even cleaner ROM!

Thanks a lot for all your hard work, and your taste in "eye candy" is very good I love it!
it shouldn't be hard to add to the rom, but Music store is Sprint feature. I will look for cab for you, but I know I have the required files.

You're looking for the softkey applet. its on this site, I use to include it in my roms, not anymore but I will start again.

The stock task manager won't do this, that's HTC Task Manager you want. Some prefer WkTask or something else.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile Re: VetVito's Aero Windows Mobile (6.1.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito View Post
it shouldn't be hard to add to the rom, but Music store is Sprint feature. I will look for cab for you, but I know I have the required files.

You're looking for the softkey applet. its on this site, I use to include it in my roms, not anymore but I will start again.

The stock task manager won't do this, that's HTC Task Manager you want. Some prefer WkTask or something else.
Here is the CAB for the softkey applet...
Attached Files
File Type: zip SJ_Softkey.cab.zip (9.1 KB, 97 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsperez View Post
Vet and others,
What do you guys think of installing WKTask? Or is it best to always use Task Manager to close open programs?

TIA,
tsp
I use spb pocket plus to close out programs. Since I use it for other stuff like the battery, memory, flash indicators it made sense to use it as a task manager. Works out well and doesn't use too much memory.

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started

VetVito,

been running your Black Pill for about a week now. Probably the most stable I've used so far. It is fast, memory is great (typically 16 to 18 megs even using SPB Shell!), battery life is great ( go through the day and still have about 45 to 50 percent left using Direct Push) and it is fast going through the menus.

If there is one thing that I really like to show off it is the icons. I love the icons that you are using. Makes it feel truly custom. Way to go.

thanks for a great ROM. Keep up the awesome work.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

^ Thanks

-----------------
Old 04-12-2008, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None anymore
Carrier: AT&T

bradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuff

Vet,
Have you looked into those so-called memory tweaks in the REGedit? If they work, any way to include them in the updates so I don't have to do the tweaks each upgrade... would be nice and prolong the battery on your ROM's.

Need Games for Your PPC? [Click Here]
All tested and used with the Titan (PPC6800) Mogul.

I am a Sprint/Nextel Representative. Feel free to message me with questions or concerns.
----
Old 04-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan

bocks is a n00b

VetVito,
Will you be updating your ROM to the latest WM6.1 build anytime soon? (CE OS 5.2.19209 Build 19209, AKU 1.0.2)
I use your stock rom and think its great. Just curious if you plan on updating it to stay current with NO2CHEM..???

Thanks,
Bocks
Old 04-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradynapier View Post
Vet,
Have you looked into those so-called memory tweaks in the REGedit? If they work, any way to include them in the updates so I don't have to do the tweaks each upgrade... would be nice and prolong the battery on your ROM's.
Which Memory tweaks? I know the battery settings are already in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocks View Post
VetVito,
Will you be updating your ROM to the latest WM6.1 build anytime soon? (CE OS 5.2.19209 Build 19209, AKU 1.0.2)
I use your stock rom and think its great. Just curious if you plan on updating it to stay current with NO2CHEM..???

Thanks,
Bocks
Yelp, I have a build I'm testing now. Nothing really changed.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None anymore
Carrier: AT&T

bradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuff

Good old Yahoo Cache:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
These numerous tweaks I posted over at Ppcgeeks and have found them to be almost essential for a great Moto Q experience.

You'll need the free PHM Registry Editor : Smartphone Edition to do this. This takes no more than 5 minutes.

*Remember to wait a couple of minutes before soft-reseting your device! Otherwise the changes won't take as they won't be saved to ROM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battery Life

A couple of us have tested this and found a nice increase in battery life. On my Treo 700 it seemed to do nothing but on the Q it greatly helped (I ran for 12 hours yesterday push email in a low signal environment and stayed at 4 bars battery--normally would have been at 2 or 3)

Quote:
"...simple registry trick and hack that will enable power management on several communications protocols to save and conserve the battery life, and thus extend and prolong the battery of the Windows Mobile devices."

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\AsyncMac1\Parms
Default value type and value are
“DisablePowerManagement”=dword:1
Change to
“DisablePowerManagement”=dword:0

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Irsir1\Parms
“DisablePowerManagement”=dword:1
Change to
“DisablePowerManagement”=dword:0

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\PPTP1\Parms