PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

babair is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

ok so another new one released tonight no2? damn im staying up...
Old 03-29-2008, 10:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

billy54554 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to billy54554

Noob question so dont beat on me too much. I flashed my Mogul to DCD's and so far not bad. However, I have been reading this thread on NO2's ROM and I think I would like to test drive it. My question, on the open thread NO2 writes this is a clean ROM so it doesnt have much on it, what does that mean? Not much on it? I like DCD's but what I have been reading sounds like I need to give NO2's rom a try. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy54554 View Post
Noob question so dont beat on me too much. I flashed my Mogul to DCD's and so far not bad. However, I have been reading this thread on NO2's ROM and I think I would like to test drive it. My question, on the open thread NO2 writes this is a clean ROM so it doesnt have much on it, what does that mean? Not much on it? I like DCD's but what I have been reading sounds like I need to give NO2's rom a try. Thanks.
Clean means that the sprint stuff is not included. However no2chem has made this rom much better by adding more configuration programs and other things like wm 6.1 and onenote etc. to this rom. For a noob this rom is like dcd's but with more tools/features and it is usally more up to date.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Justin9825 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Justin9825

so any real reason to know why when u use the bulid os u only have like 15mb free but if u flash the 5059 rom u have like 22mb free?
Old 03-30-2008, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

ViPaDawG is just getting started

I reboot with 18.96 free using 5059 basekit.

when you load up a bunch of apps, the amount of memory you have free will obviously be less than if you startup with a clean rom like the 5059 rom itself.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin View Post
Perhaps I can shed some light on this. While I understand that 6.1 handles memory management differently and more efficiently than previous version of Windows Mobile, 15MB isn't enough to start with for some people. While it should be enough to run average applications, some games demand almost that much just for themselves. And this is not counting how much of that 15MB might already be consumed by drivers, Today screen plugins, system extensions like Spb Mobile Shell or Pocket Plus and various caches.

It's not hard to see how a cooked ROM based on 5059 with third party system extensions might have less than 10MB available for actually running programs. With that little available, it would be impossible to run, say, IE, WMP and the camera at the same time, as you might see for mobloggers who listen to music while out and about.

While I'm sure we all appreciate the speed increases in the recent No2Chem ROMs, I'm not sure some of us wouldn't trade a little of that speed for more available memory.
um... ~22mb base
add a few startup programs, you're at about 16mbs...

what could you possibly run that would take 16mb???
the extra 2mb wm6 might afford you won't do much, maybe bring you up to 18mb with poorer memory management and much slower speed. the point being...

the titan has 64mb ram
about 12 mb is reserved for the device (bluetooth, shared video framebuffer, etc)
leaving about 52mb for the os...
assuming the os takes a good 26mb of ram, which wm6.1 does...
that leaves with a 4 mb pagepool, about 22mb left to work with....

now, you can do fancy stuff like take out components of the os.. such as, ahem.. bluetooth... or the RADIO, and you will have a bit more ram. but, for 1~2mb ram i'd rather keep my bluetooth.

if you're having constant memory problems, you either need to: (1) find a program that doesn't hog so much memory (2) not run so many programs (3) buy a new device

and thats all i have to say about memory. if you find some way to magically add 64mb to the device memory, please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin9825 View Post
so any real reason to know why when u use the bulid os u only have like 15mb free but if u flash the 5059 rom u have like 22mb free?
obviously the more stuff you add, the less memory you will have free
Old 03-30-2008, 02:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Heh, I am happy with a 4mb page pool and available ram. Heck I am even happy with a 6mb page pool. I have to soft reset once in a while to recapture my ram but thats never changed with wmo. Thanks for your ever on going work no2chem. I must say 5059 is the best to date!

Cheers!

Mikee

Here are my memory program specs on 5059

File system cache: enabled
File system cache size: 4MB
File system filter cache: 131072 sectors
Glyph cache: 32KB

Start Ups:

Wktask
FtouchFlo
ClearTempStartup
StayUnlock
Voice Command

With all that after boot I have 14.64MB of Free Ram!
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 03-30-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

larrymartin830 is a n00b

i never have a prob with your roms untill 5058 which i got used to....

well in 5058 i had a prob when i use the movie theater mode *where all the leds shut off my phone would freeze and i would have to soft reset..so i quit using it i am trying 5059 now..

but keep up the work.. i should be donating soon.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:40 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymartin830 View Post
i never have a prob with your roms untill 5058 which i got used to....

well in 5058 i had a prob when i use the movie theater mode *where all the leds shut off my phone would freeze and i would have to soft reset..so i quit using it i am trying 5059 now..

but keep up the work.. i should be donating soon.
hrmm, you mean sleep mode in nueled? i'll have to look into that...
Old 03-30-2008, 03:15 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

So no2chem huney it's around that time... do you have that update for us???? lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development