PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 03:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

wwing49 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kaos, could you point me towards OCing the processor? Also, is it a noticeable speed boost? Noticeable battery drain? Noticeable heat dump?
Old 02-14-2008, 03:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwing49 View Post
Kaos, could you point me towards OCing the processor? Also, is it a noticeable speed boost? Noticeable battery drain? Noticeable heat dump?
ya here
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/87407743/HTC_Performance.cab.html
Its a noticeable performance difference..I've had mine overclocked to 624 for months not a problem.It flys like its on redbull.No heat difference.battery for me always last long time.I always shut my screen off.the over clock is on a dynamic scale.
You will find after install in settings>system>performance
Remember to press thank you.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 02-14-2008, 03:16 AM
N00b

Thanks! (I clicked the thank you button)
Old 02-14-2008, 03:17 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Pocket Hack Master is the only one that's even close to overclocking these processors. That patch is for the old ARM9 PXA270 chips and will do nothing but have a placebo effect on these devices...

http://www.wizcode.com/forums/viewreply/289/

Looks like it will be awhile before we see MSM7500 support for overclocking... If ever. I've expressed my opinion on this before and I think at best, it will be unstable. At worst, impossible. Remember that PXA270 chips were really 624MHz chips scaled down to 416MHz... these chips are 400MHz chips and they're dualcore, with an ARM11 core at 400 (application and OS processor) and an ARM9 at 133 (radio functions). Completely different playing field.

Also, this is totally off-topic. Please don't hijack the thread.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:21 AM
VIP Member

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
sorry.It does work tho I've been using it for months.Its not pocket hack master. yes you are right tho lets keep the thread on point.

Last edited by kaos; 02-14-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:24 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
And I'm telling you that you're wrong. I know what I'm talking about here, I've read all about that program.

Best case scenario, its doing lots of glyph caching. Worst case scenario, it does zero.

Anyway, that's the last time I will respond to thread hijacks. If you don't believe me, go search XDA and even this very forum for the very reasons it can not and does not overclock the processor in any way.

Can't wait for the next build no2chem! Though my device is extremely stable with this build.

Has anyone else noticed much better battery life with 6.1 versus 6.0? I can toy with my phone all day, browsing sites, playing games, etc., and when I get home, I still have about 50-60% battery life left. At 30%, I put the phone on GPS with Google Maps, full backlight and everything, and its been going for about 30 minutes now with no signs of dying any time soon.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:29 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Can't wait for the next build no2chem! Though my device is extremely stable with this build.

Has anyone else noticed much better battery life with 6.1 versus 6.0? I can toy with my phone all day, browsing sites, playing games, etc., and when I get home, I still have about 50-60% battery life left. At 30%, I put the phone on GPS with Google Maps, full backlight and everything, and its been going for about 30 minutes now with no signs of dying any time soon.
I and most others here have noticed the battery boost. I love it, although I'm slightly annoyed that I bought the HTC OEM Extended battery just before the end of the year... Wah wahhhhh. Oh well, I'd rather have 6.1.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:30 AM
VIP Member

ya i noticed it seemed from like build 42 up for me my battery time doubled.Can't complain on that issue.Mine now last from like 8 am till i get home around 7pm.when i hook it up to charge im around 40%...use to die by 2 or 3pm on wm6.0.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work
I just upgraded to 5046 and holy cow, this device is flying. I don't know why, but it seems so much faster;

I upgraded, synced and installed:
-Google Maps
-Netfront [3.5 new beta]
-battery and performance hacks from this very website
-home customizer/home plugin
-Kevtris
-x-button v2

And so far, this has been SUPER fast setup. Very reliable so far. Haven't tested GPS yet nor played around with the extrom. Ive yet to have any bug [storage card bug seems fixed, camera is working now].

If this stays this reliable and fast, I am almost wondering if I will ever flash to any other rom, ever. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:42 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

yeah I'm pretty impressed. I'm really glad I didn't trade my Mogul for the Touch like everyone else and instead convinced Sprint to give me the Touch for the new customer pricing.

The Touch really did have bad battery life... My Mogul always outshined the Touch but not like this... I used to turn my backlight to the lowest possible setting so I could get the best battery life out of it... now I keep it on the highest setting and get about the same battery life I did with 6.0 on the lowest. Craziness!

Jawbreaker, do you have the link for performance and battery tweaks? I haven't done a thing to mine yet... curious how much more juice I could suck out of it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development