PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Lurker

Particleman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Maybe this is just me, but ever since 5040, I've been having a lot of trouble locating satellites using google maps (thats all I use for gps). When I was using 5039, my device would find up to 7 satellites, very quickly, without any problem. I haven't changed anything since then except the rom (same programs installed). I've also been using htc quick gps which seemed to help under 5039, but no longer. In addition, if I leave my device on to search, after a while google maps will close out - as if I never opened it in the first place. Under 5040, it would find my location after a very very long time, and then disconnect. Now it closes the program without finding my location whatsoever. Any ideas?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

groovadelickun is a n00b
Anyone else have problems with syncing to an Exchange server? I'm not sure if its on the Exchange server side of things or not, but it works fine with the "unofficial Sprint rom 3.16" but I've tried the last couple builds of No2Chems's NueROM 2.0 (5039-5041) as well as DCD's with no luck.
It connects, but quickly stops, giving an error "Activesync encountered network problems or an internal server error while synchronizing" Support Code: 0x85010015.
Googling that support code, it seems the exchange server is missing something.. (error 404)
I've searched these forums, but don't see anyone else with this problem.... Could it be that with WM 6.1, the exchange server needs to be updated to use direct push?
The other PPC6800's here don't have a problem connecting, but they are not running any of the custom roms.
Thanks for any suggestions !
Old 02-07-2008, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

JRider is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovadelickun View Post
Anyone else have problems with syncing to an Exchange server? I'm not sure if its on the Exchange server side of things or not, but it works fine with the "unofficial Sprint rom 3.16" but I've tried the last couple builds of No2Chems's NueROM 2.0 (5039-5041) as well as DCD's with no luck.
It connects, but quickly stops, giving an error "Activesync encountered network problems or an internal server error while synchronizing" Support Code: 0x85010015.
Googling that support code, it seems the exchange server is missing something.. (error 404)
I've searched these forums, but don't see anyone else with this problem.... Could it be that with WM 6.1, the exchange server needs to be updated to use direct push?
The other PPC6800's here don't have a problem connecting, but they are not running any of the custom roms.
I have not had any trouble with Exchange in any of these custom ROMs. Are you certain that you've got a good data connection before you try to set it up? Maybe open up PIE and see if you can browse pages, then try to sync.

I spent an hour trying to figure out if my certificates had expired, or if there was something wrong with my Exchange server. Only to find out my WiFi connection on my Mogul showed connected, but wasn't working correctly. I turned off WiFi, and then tried syncing via EVDO and it worked like a charm. I then re-enabled WiFi, and checked that it was working in PIE, and tried syncing again, and it worked.

Just a thought.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Confirmed, no problems with Exchange at all. I actually seem to get my emails a few seconds faster on my phone now...
Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100
Old 02-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Lurker

sleezy is a n00b
Ok..I got the phone to start receiving calls again but not i cant access the internet...any suggestions??
Old 02-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

groovadelickun is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRider View Post
I have not had any trouble with Exchange in any of these custom ROMs. Are you certain that you've got a good data connection before you try to set it up? Maybe open up PIE and see if you can browse pages, then try to sync.

I spent an hour trying to figure out if my certificates had expired, or if there was something wrong with my Exchange server. Only to find out my WiFi connection on my Mogul showed connected, but wasn't working correctly. I turned off WiFi, and then tried syncing via EVDO and it worked like a charm. I then re-enabled WiFi, and checked that it was working in PIE, and tried syncing again, and it worked.

Just a thought.

Yup, it has a good data connection. Thanks for the comment, I'm leaning toward it being a problem with the mail server. Thanks again.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

jpurv is a n00b
Good god no2chem! I keep telling myself I'm not going to re-flash, then you keep coming up with compelling reasons to make me in spite of it. Why are you so awesome?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA Hero

poltergeek is a n00b
Hey No2Chem, I was just wondering. I just flashed 5042 and it still states that this is a not for resale version upon boot. Is that the way it should be? Does it matter? Thanks for all your great work.

Poltergeek
Old 02-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Lurker

Particleman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Particleman View Post
Maybe this is just me, but ever since 5040, I've been having a lot of trouble locating satellites using google maps (thats all I use for gps). When I was using 5039, my device would find up to 7 satellites, very quickly, without any problem. I haven't changed anything since then except the rom (same programs installed). I've also been using htc quick gps which seemed to help under 5039, but no longer. In addition, if I leave my device on to search, after a while google maps will close out - as if I never opened it in the first place. Under 5040, it would find my location after a very very long time, and then disconnect. Now it closes the program without finding my location whatsoever. Any ideas?
One more item: I can confirm that my voicemail notification no longer works. I believe there was a delay under 5039, but I have yet to receive any notification under the current build.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovadelickun View Post
this is a problem with your mail server, you need to reinstall client access role and make sure owa authentication is enabled. make sure you are running sp1. this is due to a bug in wm6.1 autodetection

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development