PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Can you explain what you did to get it to work? Do I need to just replace the files in the PPCGEEKS_OEM RAR with the ones from no2chem's FTP folder and rebuild, or what?
Changing the OEM might work, I'm not sure if they are somehow different. I think they are the same though. I did that to get remote desktop 6.1 on my 5045 build, but I don't remember checking keyboard functionality. But it does work, delete the 2 folders from the .RAR and add in No2Chem's folders, and it shows up.
I downloaded No2Chem's .nbh file and flashed it via an empty RUU (I actually used the kitchen one, lol). Just drop No2Chem's .nbh file from the rar archive into C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Upgrade\Titan_RUU and run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe
This will flash No2Chem's custom built ROM to your PPC. It's not like the kitchen though, so its a bare-bones build. But I did confirm that remote desktop keyboard does work.
Anybody know why or how to fix this so it works in the kitchen?
Dunno if it helps, but this same error happened to the older version of remote desktop when it was installed on a storage card vs device...

Last edited by qbunnie; 04-10-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Talking Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Due to the fact that Remote Desktop was giving so many problems, I have started using Logmein (Free version) found at https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en to connect to work and home PCs. It works from the PIE browser in WM6 or any other desktop browser with a simple plugin that does not need admin rights to install (i.e. works on most public terminals). It is fast, scalable to the connection speed and on WM6 (WM5) it allows easy access to 22 inch Lcds.

The file transfer is not available in the free version, and I am thinking of subscribing to the full version if I keep using it at the current rate.

Signup is via the link below.....

https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/g...ree/signup.asp
Old 04-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbunnie View Post
Changing the OEM might work, I'm not sure if they are somehow different. I think they are the same though. I did that to get remote desktop 6.1 on my 5045 build, but I don't remember checking keyboard functionality. But it does work, delete the 2 folders from the .RAR and add in No2Chem's folders, and it shows up.
I downloaded No2Chem's .nbh file and flashed it via an empty RUU (I actually used the kitchen one, lol). Just drop No2Chem's .nbh file from the rar archive into C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Upgrade\Titan_RUU and run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe
This will flash No2Chem's custom built ROM to your PPC. It's not like the kitchen though, so its a bare-bones build. But I did confirm that remote desktop keyboard does work.
Anybody know why or how to fix this so it works in the kitchen?
Dunno if it helps, but this same error happened to the older version of remote desktop when it was installed on a storage card vs device...
I'm familiar with his pre-built ROMs, but I had moved on from them to start cooking, so I need to figure out what I need to do to make the cooked remote desktop work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhusa View Post
Due to the fact that Remote Desktop was giving so many problems, I have started using Logmein (Free version) found at https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en to connect to work and home PCs. It works from the PIE browser in WM6 or any other desktop browser with a simple plugin that does not need admin rights to install (i.e. works on most public terminals). It is fast, scalable to the connection speed and on WM6 (WM5) it allows easy access to 22 inch Lcds.

The file transfer is not available in the free version, and I am thinking of subscribing to the full version if I keep using it at the current rate.

Signup is via the link below.....

https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/g...ree/signup.asp
Not a fan of LogMeIn. I don't like having to install clients, and I definitely don't like web-based remoting. I'm in the IT industry, and there's nothing like pure RDP.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

Colonel just fixed the kitchen error
Add this line to your selections.txt
b58170c7-67d4-4f57-af5b-a4134867f4d4, True, Remote Desktop Mobile Lang 0409 Files
Just to let everyone know, this isn't an error on No2Chem's part, just a simple bug in the BuildOS app for 5060. It will be fixed in the next .rar update for BuildOS.
Thanks to No2Chem and colonel for their help.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

datapusher is a n00b

I am having the same problem other users reported a few builds ago. This problem only started with 5060 for me though.

I do not receive any vibration or audible alert for text messages and sometimes phone calls.

I was wondering if there was a known fix to this yet. i know it had been discussed a few builds back.

Also, any word on when weathepanel will be able to work from the device rather than from storage card? When installed to device it freezes on boot at the windows 6.1 green screen.

and thirdly, is gpsgate working on anyones 5060? mine can't get any data from com4

Thanks
Old 04-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by datapusher View Post
Also, any word on when weathepanel will be able to work from the device rather than from storage card? When installed to device it freezes on boot at the windows 6.1 green screen.
I don't have a problem with WeatherPanel. Not installed to storage card. I have found that after installing, remove it from the today screen, soft reset and then re-enable the today screen plug-in. Works every time.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

HUGE is a n00b

Help...I have an HTC Mogul from Sprint. I have been running No2Chem's 5051 and it was pretty good. I decided to use the kitchen to cook up a custom Rom using 5060. Everything seemed to install alright. I then go through the set up screen tapping the screen and then it says it will begin to customize my unit in 3 seconds....while it starts, but I get an error message about 3 seconds into it stating "The file: \Windows\RUN_SPRINT_TSK.Ink does not exist!"

I have done a soft and hard reset and it seems like the problem is solved, but I can't hear anything on my phone (I can make a call, but can't hear anything or I can receive a call but can't hear anything). If i try to hit the Speaker Phone button on the dialer the phone Resets itself.

I would appreciate any suggestions!!

HUGE

Last edited by HUGE; 04-10-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

datapusher is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by opuscroakus View Post
I don't have a problem with WeatherPanel. Not installed to storage card. I have found that after installing, remove it from the today screen, soft reset and then re-enable the today screen plug-in. Works every time.
I don't use it in the today screen.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Lurker

$incere is a n00b
Question Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

I want to start off and say that the No2Chem ROM is off the chain!!!

I am having a couple of issues that I still can't seem to get resolved...(yes, even after searching)

1. Obvioulsy is the MMS, I'm tryihg to get Arcsoft working correctly. I can send MMS's fine but I can't receive them.

2. I've noticed that after some calls my phone's radio would turn off and the phone would go into flight mode. I still have not figured out what I'm doing wrong, but it has happend today 5 times out of the 6 calls I had total today. It didn't bother me at first, but since I use my phone for email heavily, sometimes I don't realize the radio is off and I start missing emails. I figured I'd better get this resolved after getting chewed out by the boss about an important email I missed.....LOL

Issue #1 is not major, but #2 is something that I would love to get help with if possible.

I have a Verizon XV6800 with the updated Sprint ROM and the nueROM 2.0 build (5060).
If you need more info please let me know.

Thanks
Old 04-10-2008, 10:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

wwing49 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by $incere View Post
1. Obvioulsy is the MMS, I'm tryihg to get Arcsoft working correctly. I can send MMS's fine but I can't receive them.

2. I've noticed that after some calls my phone's radio would turn off and the phone would go into flight mode. I still have not figured out what I'm doing wrong, but it has happend today 5 times out of the 6 calls I had total today. It didn't bother me at first, but since I use my phone for email heavily, sometimes I don't realize the radio is off and I start missing emails. I figured I'd better get this resolved after getting chewed out by the boss about an important email I missed.....LOL

Thanks
If you hold the end call button (red phone one) it puts the phone in flight mode. Windows thing, not roms. No way to disable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development