PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 11:36 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwest06 View Post
Yea something to that effect. what closes down is like if im using IMplus and i get a text message when i check the text it closes out IMplus but i have to log in again. its irritating that i have to reopen once i open another application
I get that all the time, especially when its a memory hog like Opera Beta or WMP. no warning that im low on memory it just closes everything else.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

cwest06 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cwest06 Send a message via MSN to cwest06 Send a message via Yahoo to cwest06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsi01 View Post
I don't think it shuts it down, per se, I think it just goes into the background. If you have file explorer open and then you open Media Player... Open file explorer again and it's where you left off. Does that sound right to you? If so, I get it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
I get that all the time, especially when its a memory hog like Opera Beta or WMP. no warning that im low on memory it just closes everything else.
if i reply to a text really fast like in 20secs it dont close out lol. but i hate it though.
HTC Touch Diamond
HTC Touch (Thanks Channy)
Mogul 6800
PPC 6700
Treo 650
PPC 6600
Treo 600
MM 5600
Sanyo 8200
MM 5500
MM 4500
Sprint Employee 2000-2005
Old 03-31-2008, 11:45 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

i believe this is part of our memory management tools i would try using wktask that way u can complete your IM or whtevr and then get the text message i use slick IM and text at the same time and i very rarely ever have issues with the memory managemnt.plus wk task just looks awesome,and i believ it is what no2 uses for memory management this is just what i have seen from some of his screen captures.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 03-31-2008, 11:46 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwest06
Yea something to that effect. what closes down is like if im using IMplus and i get a text message when i check the text it closes out IMplus but i have to log in again. its irritating that i have to reopen once i open another application
IM+ makes me reconnect when i make/recieve phone call, other than that if i send/recieve email or text it stays connected. i'm running a kitchen made ROM based off 5054 currently...
Old 03-31-2008, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

cwest06 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to cwest06 Send a message via MSN to cwest06 Send a message via Yahoo to cwest06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
i believe this is part of our memory management tools i would try using wktask that way u can complete your IM or whtevr and then get the text message i use slick IM and text at the same time and i very rarely ever have issues with the memory managemnt.plus wk task just looks awesome,and i believ it is what no2 uses for memory management this is just what i have seen from some of his screen captures.
Yea i use wktask now and it still closes out. from file explorer to replying to a text message or receiving an email it always closes out
Old 03-31-2008, 11:55 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

sorry to go off topic, but

Quote:
92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n past.

SBR_L3GION - thats f'n awesome !!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Eclipsi01 is just getting started

Remember the whole file encryption problem from way back in the early days of these custom ROMs? Well, it looks like I'm unable to turn encryption OFF in the 5060 basekit.

Anyone using an older basekit, would you mind telling me which version you're using and if it does or does not allow you to turn encryption off?
Old 04-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

for those with the program closing issue i suggest using wktask and while using ur app minimize and reclaim your ram that way u dont run out also if u want to save i suggest installing what you can to the memory card. that will at least save your program memory and hopefully some of your ram.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
for those with the program closing issue i suggest using wktask and while using ur app minimize and reclaim your ram that way u dont run out also if u want to save i suggest installing what you can to the memory card. that will at least save your program memory and hopefully some of your ram.
Some of my programs close themselves with no relation to how little RAM I have. Also installing to a memory card would have absolutely no effect on RAM, and I think most of us aren't hurting for internal storage space. Besides, installing to a memory card creates some serious problems for a lot of programs. I never install to the card for this reason. Besides, if I switch out cards I don't want applications to suddenly fail on me.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Eclipsi01 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Some of my programs close themselves with no relation to how little RAM I have. Also installing to a memory card would have absolutely no effect on RAM, and I think most of us aren't hurting for internal storage space. Besides, installing to a memory card creates some serious problems for a lot of programs. I never install to the card for this reason. Besides, if I switch out cards I don't want applications to suddenly fail on me.
Same here too. It's not a RAM issue, or a storage memory problem. I believe it's just the way WM6 operates. I remember talking to HTC a while back and they said that's just how it was. I've seen no differently, but don't recall my WM5 device doing this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development