PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Thanks, for the quick reply.
That was easy enough. Kind of silly now. I am sure it was somewhre in the thread.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Awesome-o

belvedere is becoming a great contributor
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
Thanks, for the quick reply.
That was easy enough. Kind of silly now. I am sure it was somewhre in the thread.

Thanks.
it must have worked then.. i wasn't real sure if that's actually what you needed to do, but apparently so, haha.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by belvedere View Post
it must have worked then.. i wasn't real sure if that's actually what you needed to do, but apparently so, haha.
that's exactly it. pull battery for 20 to 30 seconds and hard reset. Way to go.

RW

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

IronMogul is just getting started

i see in the package for 5055 there is office mobiles, anyone tried getting rid of it, i dont use it really at all except for keeping appointments do i still need it or no...
Old 03-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMogul View Post
i see in the package for 5055 there is office mobiles, anyone tried getting rid of it, i dont use it really at all except for keeping appointments do i still need it or no...

There is no easy to remove it other than deleting the files and removing the shortcuts.

P.S. I love office mobile and onenote!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

IronMogul is just getting started

ok, next question i cant find cokemans RUU, i keep getting Error is it moved is there somehitng im doing wrong.?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

devillox is a n00b
late on the bandwagon...

been running this since yesterday, and just a couple of observations. i'm running 5055 on a HTC-6800, branded by sprint, and this is the first ever non stock i've ever run. my battery is on 68% right now. i took it off the charger about 11am and it is now 6pm. i made 2 phone calls, very short ones. i did have bluetooth on for a little over 10 minutes at one time and did a GPS thing for a couple of minutes. before i'd get to maybe 60% in a day with heavy usage.
the memory is at 12.3MB free with photo contacts pro, WA3, spb's time, mobile shell, and phone suite running. at bootup it is around 18MB. this is less than i was getting with a stock rom, all those progs, and HTC's home plug-in. then i was getting, about 19.9MB on bootup, and it would hover around 14MB. plus the phone is warm now!
anyone else getting similar conditions with this rom?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mcmichak is a n00b

Keep in mind that this ROM is also wm6.1 based where the official ROMS are wm6.0 based. 6.1 does use more memory but it also seems to manage it better. On top of that, 6,1 runs dramatically faster (at least it does for me). So comparing free RAM between the two ROMS is like comparing apples to pineapples.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Re: late on the bandwagon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by devillox View Post
been running this since yesterday, and just a couple of observations. i'm running 5055 on a HTC-6800, branded by sprint, and this is the first ever non stock i've ever run. my battery is on 68% right now. i took it off the charger about 11am and it is now 6pm. i made 2 phone calls, very short ones. i did have bluetooth on for a little over 10 minutes at one time and did a GPS thing for a couple of minutes. before i'd get to maybe 60% in a day with heavy usage.
the memory is at 12.3MB free with photo contacts pro, WA3, spb's time, mobile shell, and phone suite running. at bootup it is around 18MB. this is less than i was getting with a stock rom, all those progs, and HTC's home plug-in. then i was getting, about 19.9MB on bootup, and it would hover around 14MB. plus the phone is warm now!
anyone else getting similar conditions with this rom?

wm61 takes more memory. you might miss the "your phone is dangerously low on memory message" you used to get on wm6.

also, i doubt the phone getting warm is due to the rom.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor

Just a FYI, If you used a GPS Program like Google Maps for example, you need to make sure you turned it off properly (not just minimised it) or it will continue to drain your battery. I mention this especially due to the fact that you said you phone was warm, that indicates some radio usage (likely GPS still running)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development