PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mcmichak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
right, 5049 should work with the new radio as well..>
I'm on 5049 and the new radio. I'm getting the random prompt for a password that I've never entered about once a day when I go to wake up the phone. It's very inconsistent and I can't duplicate the error so I'm not sure where the bug lies. A soft reset does fix the issue though. Is this a known issue? Fixed?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

datapusher is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkaz View Post
Mogul_Big_Button_Dialer.cab installs fine - I think I got it from pdaphonehome.com.
Does it work with the data arrows, 911 and ##codes?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work

I just reflashed and tried to use wmodem and got an error could not open com port 8. Hope that this helps
Old 03-11-2008, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by datapusher View Post
Does it work with the data arrows, 911 and ##codes?
Yup works fine for me!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

5054 will have some major changes, dunno if they'll make/break things, we'll see.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work

Quote:
5054 will have some major changes, dunno if they'll make/break things, we'll see.
Sounds like fun. I can't wait! Will it be released today or sometime later this week? Oh yeah and don't forget the change log.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

[quote=taxilian;212850]I'm seeing a lot of conflicting reviews, so let me add in my $.02

Hi. I'm taxilian, and I'm a flashaholic. (what else do you say when I've totally and completely reinstalled my phone 4 times in the last 36 hours?)

Review of build 5053

I have installed:...<snip>

Thanks for the review! We need more reviews like this so that we can decide when to jump on.
I was on Nex Beta 1 and liked it. Running totally stock at this time but added a few programs. Has the memory leak of HTCHome been fixed?

Once again, thanks!
tsp
Old 03-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Looking forward to it!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-11-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxilian View Post
I'm seeing a lot of conflicting reviews, so let me add in my $.02

Hi. I'm taxilian, and I'm a flashaholic. (what else do you say when I've totally and completely reinstalled my phone 4 times in the last 36 hours?)

Review of build 5053

I have installed:
latest radio (3.35, installed sprint ROM)
no2chem's 5053 (noticed on the FTP site, downloaded and installed)

Speed: Faster than anything I've yet seen on my mogul. A+

Reliability of programs: A couple of programs didn't work for me under 5051 (of note, eReader (http://www.ereader.com) and Windows Live, but they are now all working under 5053. Everything I've installed seems to work as it should. Unlike older builds (a week or two ago), I have not yet seen PIE crash on this ROM, which means I can watch youtube videos again w/out having to reopen IE every time I want to go back to the page.

Internet: updated radio to the latest 60711 PRL, everything seems good. Sometimes w/ this PRL it sits in roaming for about 30 seconds ofter a soft reset, but then locks into EVDO mode. Before the PRL update I never saw the roaming triangle thingy, but EVDO data transfers worked great. PIE is quick and snappy, much faster than it has been, and email (using Seven, Windows Live, and built-in p. outlook) works great. no complaints.

Internet Connection Sharing: Works as well as it ever has, both USB and bluetooth

Bluetooth: File transfers working fine, haven't tried paring w/ a headset (I'll get to it)

Fonts: no2chem, I can't tell you how much I like your nueFonts program... it allows me to set my font sizes down where I like them (I'm one of those weirdos who likes tiny fonts)

GPS: GPSToday, Google maps, and Windows Live Search all seem to work great. sat aquisition is tons faster than pre-agps.

Memory: I run a lot of things (a *lot* of things) at the same time, and it does get bogged down sometimes, but overall this ROM is still much faster than previous ones I've used and maintains memory better.

Bugs: The only bug I've come across so far is the inability to assign a program to the Voice Command button single press (press and hold works). This is somewhat frustrating, to be honest, but I'm willing to deal with it 'til no2chem finds a fix.

Dialer: The skin is turned off by default, which makes this a little less attractive than other builds, however I really like the calling history being right on the dialer page. I'm one that prefers functionality to looks, so I really like the way the dialer works on this one.

Responsiveness: It could be my imagination, but it seems like the buttons are slightly more responsivie on this build than they were on 5052 (I too had the problem where the send button didn't always answer the call).

Anyway, that's my take, my experience. I highly recommend 5053 for anyone who wants a good, fast phone.=D>

Great breakdown.

rw

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tlinuxh4x0r View Post
I just reflashed and tried to use wmodem and got an error could not open com port 8. Hope that this helps

I actually got this to work fine without that error in 5053. Dunno if its a fluke but I used it twice already.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development