PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 01:23 AM
FZ1
N00b
Pocket PC: Hermann
Carrier: vzw

FZ1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegax View Post
I dont know if anyone tried but the gmail thing is easy to fix

type in your user name wrong... like user@gmil.com

enter all settings
go back to options
change user to user@gmail.com....
skip through all the menus and your done
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfloppydb View Post
I got IMAP gmail to work. Just put your address as "username@gmool.com" then hit next. It won't have any preset settings, so it will ask you. Just enter user data as you would for the regular IMAP gmail setup.
Thank you both for figuring that out!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro / HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Krazie is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by paravis View Post
Hmm, anyone else not receiving any texts with this rom?

Cause I'm not.
Yeah, txting works for me. I dont know if i like the way M$ did the threaded. I'm used to the PALM SMS so I installed that instead. Testing now. Seems to work good. I'm on 5025.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

DerekV is just getting started
well i got my gps to work. just left it outside for about a half hour with google maps open and it finally got a signal.

Im using this on alltel and was wondering how i would go about getting Arcsoft MMS or something similar to handle MMS? Is there a cab some where to download, because i cant seem to find one....
Old 02-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro / HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Krazie is a n00b
Threaded SMS (Palm) take over the Messaging which does both TEXT and EMAIL. Have to remove it in order to setup email. Bummer!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:31 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Its official. ALL of my memory issues are gone with this ROM.

While it *SAYS* it has 1 or 2MB free, I can still run Live Search (with GPS), Opera with two tabs, Word editing a document, and I can still send text messages AND use the camera.

YAY! You ROCK no2chem!

My Vogue is going on the shelf now. Damn its nice having a phone again that lasts me more than a day on a charge!!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Its official. ALL of my memory issues are gone with this ROM.

While it *SAYS* it has 1 or 2MB free, I can still run Live Search (with GPS), Opera with two tabs, Word editing a document, and I can still send text messages AND use the camera.

YAY! You ROCK no2chem!

My Vogue is going on the shelf now. Damn its nice having a phone again that lasts me more than a day on a charge!!
thanks for the feedback - yes it does seem to be much more stable now. Still some stuff to clean out so theres probably going to be a few updates in the next few days...
Old 02-01-2008, 03:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

paravis is just getting started
Apparently my texting problem was due to my full SPB backup restore I did after flashing this rom. Perhaps it was the threaded sms that was messing up my texts.... because I was on the phone with Sprint for 15 mins while the rep tried everything thing he could, and he said everything looks normal anyhow. So I said I'd call back later when I get another phone to call with, then hard reset. Texting works fine
Old 02-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by paravis View Post
Apparently my texting problem was due to my full SPB backup restore I did after flashing this rom. Perhaps it was the threaded sms that was messing up my texts.... because I was on the phone with Sprint for 15 mins while the rep tried everything thing he could, and he said everything looks normal anyhow. So I said I'd call back later when I get another phone to call with, then hard reset. Texting works fine
yes, old programs that restore text messages wont work because of the new poom format for threading
Old 02-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

Shuu is a n00b
I've flashed the 2.40 Bootloader, along with no2chem's rom, but I can no longer get an activesync connection in order to flash the 3.27 radio. My phone won't boot past the HTC Smart Mobility screen. Any suggestions, or did I just make a new paperweight?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuu View Post
I've flashed the 2.40 Bootloader, along with no2chem's rom, but I can no longer get an activesync connection in order to flash the 3.27 radio. My phone won't boot past the HTC Smart Mobility screen. Any suggestions, or did I just make a new paperweight?
hmm,

here are the steps you'll need to take.

1. enter bootloader mode (power + camera button, press soft reset button)
2. try flashing 3.16.
3. if 3.16 won't flash, you'll probably need to flash some 2.xx rom, and relock, and try flashing 3.16 again.
4. flash nueROM 2.0

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development