PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 10:18 AM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexVision View Post
Do you have a regeditor if you do try bumping up your glyph cache and see it that fixes it. If you are not comfortable doing that u can try one of my roms they have HTCHome in em and I do not encounter that they are also now solely based on no2chems 5051 link in sig.
ill try it...would u mind going thru the steps with me? i dont exactly know where to find this setting in my registry
Old 03-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
ill try it...would u mind going thru the steps with me? i dont exactly know where to find this setting in my registry
Try this

Launch your registry editor and browse to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE.

Change the value of "limit" from 8192 (default) to 16384 or even 32768. This speeds up your pocket pc but consumes a little more memory.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

Old 03-07-2008, 10:35 AM
caddieguy02

Quote:
Try this

Change the value of "limit" from 8192 (default) to 16384 or even 32768. This speeds up your pocket pc but consumes a little more memory.
thanks alot bro...ill try this and let u know...u any good with slider sounds? im having trouble there too hahaha...ive posted in the thread just waiting for osmeone to help me
Old 03-07-2008, 10:40 AM
caddieguy02

Quote:
Try this

NO2CHEM already has this set at 32768 in this ROM
Old 03-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
NO2CHEM already has this set at 32768 in this ROM
i recall having glyphcache set at 8kb...
Old 03-07-2008, 11:07 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

I rememeber it set to 8kb as well. I used SKTools to set it to 32768 and it's slightly faster but the base 5051 is exceptionally fast enough. Overall, this rom is reasonably speedy and stable considering the integration of included applications & capabilities (including the apps I have installed).

My opinion?
This rom is the sum accumulation of no2chems vastly successful achievements & software manipulation ability to date...

I wonder if a HTC software development supervisor is reprimanding his subordinates...

"Why can't you fellas create a rom like this guy??"

no2chem,

Would it be possible to incorporate the ability to un-hide all of the content within the \windows dir (rom files I suppose) on the 6800? And what I mean is I would like to customize some .png and other files but when I transfer them to my desktop, they disappear but are still there (if I attempt to copy over agian, I get the overwrite message...). I have tried all of the "Show all contents" options within folders on my desktop, etc but to no avail...

Last edited by xweaponx; 03-07-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor

Is it possible that the SIP issues are the result of the 4MB page pool? That would explain why they work in Safe Mode, when a lot of the stuff that would normally take up PP space isn't loaded. DCD's ROM is set to 5.23MB, which still saves a little memory over the 6MB default, but I have no issues running TouchPal on that ROM..
Old 03-07-2008, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

JRider is just getting started

Has the issue with the EV arrows been brought up? I just loaded the 5051 ROM and have noticed that the dormant data arrows aren't working. I've always tried to stay away from the custom dialers because they always seem to affect the arrows. I like to know when my phone is accessing data. Now it looks like it's always connecting.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor

The EVDO arrows thing is a side-effect of using a dialer built for GSM phones. No2chem says he has that fixed for the next build.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

chazman is just getting started

Does anyone have weatherpanel working on 5051? And if not, what could be the issue with this app in this build?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development