PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 06:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

FYI - I am really a noob but i thought it might help to know my experience. I have only installed a Rom/Radio once it was the 3.16.651.0 From Kmartburrito and I installed it on Jan 25th and used it till yesterday hoping the official release would come out and resolve the issues I was having. Yesterday I gave up waiting and installed your Rom 5049 it seemed to go smoothly and without a flaw. But sense then I have noticed only one problem that might be note worthy. The GPS just doesn't seem to work as good after connection with the software. I use google maps and iNavigator. I am now getting a lot of dropped connections or loss of information from the GPS. Seems longer to connect, less stable and loss of data. I did not have these problems before, the gps was the one thing that seemed to be working pretty good before this installation. I thought your Rom would have no effect on the Radio but to me it seems that it does.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS ROM AND ALL YOUR WORK AND UPDATES! I look forward to trying this out and seeing the advantages.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Having trouble with cooking...

Ok no2chem, I know we went over this in the chat, and I got it working somewhat, however I still can't seem to properly swap the dialer (comm manager worked) for another one using your basekit.

The truth is, I'd be happy just using your rom straight (no modifications or kitchens) as long as it didn't have the stock dialer and comm manager.

I know you mentioned that you yourself use the 7 button comm manager...
Why not release a rom with that already? I don't think anyone here would be opposed to ditching that stock stock blue-themed one... not to mention a dialer with bigger buttons.
What do you think?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

tgitchel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
...The GPS just doesn't seem to work as good after connection with the software. I use google maps and iNavigator. I am now getting a lot of dropped connections or loss of information from the GPS. Seems longer to connect, less stable and loss of data. I did not have these problems before...
I am having the same issues with latest ROM. GPS was working fine with iNavigator before, but now my position is updated maybe once or twice a minute. It seems to work fine in Google Maps however. Strange...
Old 02-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Re: Having trouble with cooking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Why not release a rom with that already? I don't think anyone here would be opposed to ditching that stock stock blue-themed one... not to mention a dialer with bigger buttons.
What do you think?
I'm the one who had asked no2chem to use the Stock dialer a while back when we were using custom ROM based on 2.17 XIP.

All customizations can be made from the stock dialer. However, many different dialer options are not possible when using the Big Button dialer as a base. I use a dialpad based on the stock dialer and it will not work at all when installing on top of the Big Button dialer. But from the stock dialer, the Big button dialpad works fine as does the other dialpad which I am using.

As far as the Comm Manager is concerend, I really have no problem with using the 7 Button comm manager but yet again, this is a "Clean" ROM and adding a non-stock item would make it otherwise.

Again, however, DCD's "clean" ROM includes all Touch like interface, thus that might be of interest to you.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

five40 is just getting started

Why do I have more available ram with DCD's rom as supposed No2Chem's rom?

DCD's rom is based on this rom correct? I just think it's a little odd.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by five40 View Post
Why do I have more available ram with DCD's rom as supposed No2Chem's rom?

DCD's rom is based on this rom correct? I just think it's a little odd.
He might be using a smaller pagepool than no2chem, thus resulting in more available RAM but slower response time. I think that might be why DCD's ROM rates slightly lower on benchmarks.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Having trouble with cooking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
I'm the one who had asked no2chem to use the Stock dialer a while back when we were using custom ROM based on 2.17 XIP.

All customizations can be made from the stock dialer. However, many different dialer options are not possible when using the Big Button dialer as a base. I use a dialpad based on the stock dialer and it will not work at all when installing on top of the Big Button dialer. But from the stock dialer, the Big button dialpad works fine as does the other dialpad which I am using.

As far as the Comm Manager is concerend, I really have no problem with using the 7 Button comm manager but yet again, this is a "Clean" ROM and adding a non-stock item would make it otherwise.

Again, however, DCD's "clean" ROM includes all Touch like interface, thus that might be of interest to you.
I love it how you say that as if I'm not familiar with DCD's work.
I've been messing with dcd's latest kitchen, but I'm not so happy with the speed results of his later builds.
For a while I was wondering why everyone liked 6.1 - my roms based on DCD were going slower than the stock 3.16 GPS beta running 6.0.
No2chem's release is brilliantly fast, albeit low on memory and riddled with the stock dialer and comm manager that are arguably as ugly as they are inconsistent with the rest of the windows mobile theme.

I didn't know that about the stock dialer tho, thanks for enlightening me as to why we have it. The problem is, in case you haven't noticed, installing a dialer on top of another one eats available memory- I'm not sure why this is the case (I've got a few theories), and it may be only a meg or two, but when you're dealing with precious few mb's left available, every one counts!
I still think if you want your own dialer, its better to remove the original and burn it into the rom. However, for those of us who don't plan on changing the dialer, at least give us a better one than the stock!!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Here is the dialer that I use if you might be interested...the picture is attached. I'll include the cab if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe
I didn't know that about the stock dialer tho, thanks for enlightening me as to why we have it. The problem is, in case you haven't noticed, installing a dialer on top of another one eats available memory-
Your sarcastic taunts are really not needed as well as appreciated...as I noticed this seems habitual to you from many of your other posts in other threads/forums. A simple conversation can be carried out without any haste...hope that can be understood.

As far as available memory is concerned, I do understand and installing a dialer on top of another uses memory but that is the least of your worries when it comes to memory usage. Responsiveness of the 6.1 OS is great despite the lack of memory, however if you wish for more memory, try to build a ROM with a 4MB pagepool. That should boost your memory to about 20MB at hard reset....I have tested this and works just fine despite other mentions of 6.1 not responiding well to pagepool lower than 6MB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe
I still think if you want your own dialer, its better to remove the original and burn it into the rom. However, for those of us who don't plan on changing the dialer, at least give us a better one than the stock!!
I think this statements should apply to both of us equally. The fact of the matter is that both of us want a dialer other than the stock. However, again this being a "clean" ROM, stock is what should be available as base and then both of us can upgrade the dialpad to another of our liking. I am sacrificing a meg of memory for the use of the the dialpad of my choice and thus that should apply to you too. Because if we use big button dialer, my dialpad won't work. And a lot of people install dialpads with cabs on top of original dialers instead of burning them into the kitchen...thus using big button dialpad would create problems for people using my kind of dialpad. Hope you see where I am going with this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dialpad.jpg (16.3 KB, 91 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

after reboot with no2chems i have 14.9mb left not bad at all...Thats with all my programs installed as well....As the dialers i like they way it is...as the above stated....We all don't want same things...We all customize his rom differently after install...If we had to uninstall to install what we use it be a pain for sure....and i have never had a single gps issue on any build on no2chems roms...my google maps and telenav have been flawless since day one....

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 02-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I get it.

What I don't get is why you'd want a dialer that is hard to use with your fingers... I see your dialer, it looks like the stock but with prettier graphics. Its worlds better than the stock one as far as looks, I'll definitely give you that, but why don't you want bigger buttons?

One of the biggest complaints I've heard about pocket pc phones was that they were hard to dial on versus a regular phone. I stopped someone from returning his by creating a custom 6.0 with big buttons, and now he couldn't be happier.

To each his own, I suppose. I don't want to take this thread any more off course than it already is (sorry no2chem). I just wish there were an easier way to swap the dialers without giving up memory.

(You'd probably have to answer LESS questions if you actually built a Kitchen at this point...heh)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development