PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)
Carrier: Sprint

rgv_warrior is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: IrDA enabled by default- not shown under settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezozoy View Post
Not sure if it's just me, but on 6.1 ROMs (not just No2Chem) I find IrDA (infrared) enabled even when it shows disabled in Settings->Connections->Beam.
It shows as active in CommManager- just add IR as Default under HKLM\Software\HTC\CommManager\0 or any other 0..6 entry and it will be possible to toggle it On/Off, but it never changes under Settings->Connections->Beam.

This is not just soft setting- tested it with IrDA on notebook. Actually this is how I noted the issue- notebook makes sound every time it finds IR device and even IR was "disabled" on the phone, my notebook was still beeping when the phone was around.
This could potentially drain the battery.
I went into Schap's AC and reconfigured the CommManager icons to show the "beam" then toggled it off. No registry changes made. Click on Menu and then CommManager Settings.

RW

RW

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
no2chem!! Great workkkkkkkk!!!!!

I'm not going to flash JUST yet. I'll wait until a few of these issues are fixed.

I think this is a good list of all the bugs so far:
-IR is enabled and cannot be turned off
-Cannot use other keyboards (Resco KB, HTC Keyboard)
-EVDO arrows
-Call log issue (end key)
-Random sound issues (possibly related to vibrate?)
-WeatherPanel prevents phone from booting up

I'll keep my eyes open for more issues.

Keep up the great work!
thanks. always nice to have a record of what i need to fix since theres always so much i get lost =p
Old 03-06-2008, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Yes it says 5050 but its 5051. Yes there is a block there but this dialer has always had that there. And for the carrier lock icon I don't care. It does nothing for me. =P
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker

Okay, this is irritating, people keep asking, and continually are ignored.
NO2CHEM, how does one manually repair the partition table? I need to build my own rom, as I use VZW.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Yes it says 5050 but its 5051. Yes there is a block there but this dialer has always had that there. And for the carrier lock icon I don't care. It does nothing for me. =P
just think if you wanna call something perfect it should be...a bug is a bug.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 03-07-2008, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

leetsauce is just getting started

I just upgraded to 5051, and it's great. I don't like using ClearType, and Calibri looks hideous without it, so I reverted to Tahoma. I noticed that the font for menu texts are larger than they were before. How can I change this back to pre-5050 settings?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

digidude777 is a n00b

I tried the 5051 build but kept getting PIM data restore errors when I tried to restore with Sprite backup. I also was not able to restore through syncing with my computer and got sync errors. (it is a Mac with Missing Sync) but have never had any problems with any other ROMs. Went back to 5049 and all is good on restore and sync.
Any help appreciated--

AWESOME Work---NO2CHEM!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have cooked previous basekits with no problems, and just tried cooking a kitchen with basekit 5051. BuildOS worked fine, but NBMerge crashed in BuildIt. Is this the "repair the partition table" problem that hasn't been answered yet?
Old 03-07-2008, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

xero is just getting started

I'm currently stuck with NO internet function... Using Alltel, flashed to this about an hour ago, and while I can make and receive calls, that's about it. Haven't tried loading anything, just because it would be a waste of time if I have to revert back. How do I make this work with Alltel? Someone please spare me searching through 179 pages of posts.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xero View Post
I'm currently stuck with NO internet function... Using Alltel, flashed to this about an hour ago, and while I can make and receive calls, that's about it. Haven't tried loading anything, just because it would be a waste of time if I have to revert back. How do I make this work with Alltel? Someone please spare me searching through 179 pages of posts.
Start>Settings>Personal>Phone>Services>Internet, then Get Settings and Start.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development