PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kraygh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
props to everyone

Just my two cents: (with change coming.)

I just wanted to say how amazing it is to show off YET ANOTHER feature that my 6800 now has. The GPS works great. (I'm using iNav iGuidance with GPSgate).
Even the iPhone dweebs don't have this yet! I'm getting a holder for my car so I can keep it on my dash even though 98% of the time I already know where I'm going.
It's just that cool.
My only suggestion would be to somehow simplify the step-by-step process for those who are starting from scratch with the old radio, bootloader ect. There's a lot of thread jumping required and the whole upgrade is not for the weak of heart.

It's not for noob tweakers (or those without the insurance plan. ha!)

So anyway, great work everyone. What's next? Teleportation? Time Travel? It'll take something pretty big to top this.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 600 > PPC6700 > Mogul > HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bigknoxy is just getting started
me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofstee1 View Post
I did the update and it works GREAT!!! GPS works awesome with both google and live search. not sure about the rev.A; the only problem I am having is with my mms program. I can't seem to send pics anymore. is anyone else having this problem? what can I do to fix it or is there a different program I can use?
I am having this same problem. Before i could send pics and now i can't. I installed the same way as i did previously.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofstee1 View Post
... the only problem I am having is with my mms program. I can't seem to send pics anymore. is anyone else having this problem? what can I do to fix it or is there a different program I can use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigknoxy View Post
I am having this same problem. Before i could send pics and now i can't. I installed the same way as i did previously.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/announcement.php?f=44
Old 02-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverunstopable View Post
Quantum, I completed the instructions exactly as they were stated in your link. I got to #4. as everything prior went well. After trying to load 3.16 I got as far as I did before. Same 294 error. I now have the RGB/W screen tita100 SPL-1.06.0000 CPLD-9 screen. Ran titan_exitbl with normal boot to WM6.

Can you still provide assistance in completing the upgrade?

I have an alltel phone

Software Version 2.14.671.3
PRI Version 1.32_011
PRL ID 30029

Thanks, I wan hoping to get this all wrapped up tonight
Did you try running the relocker in step 3? It should allow you to flash non-Alltel ROMs.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:32 PM
N00b

motrid is a n00b
I am having a strange problem using this release and my work exchange server. each message I send is received by the recipient numurous times. Also, at times the recipient receives a blank email from me also.

Any ideas?

Thanks

motrid
Old 02-07-2008, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4, 32GB
Carrier: VZW

Shohan is just getting started
Upgrade went great for me. I didn't notice a lag or anything though to be honest I started the process and didn't pay attention to it as I knew it was going to take a sec. In the end it works. Memory usage sucks. I went from having an average of 22MB after a soft reset to about 12MB. GPS works great with Google Maps and Live Search using AstroGPSLauncher.

The only problem I really have now is that I keep loosing internet connection while tethering. This is using the ICS with the reg hack and PDANet. I'll be using it and get disconnected with the phone reporting, "The remote party has ended this connection." No weird usage, just normal internet surfing, instant messaging and occasional FTP. What makes it a real bugger is that I can't even log into EVE-Online when the connection does work. It just sits there loading after selecting a character.

Oh well, slowly compiling my list and thinking about jumping ship to a Touch.

HTC Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro 2 > Droid > iPhone 4.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

penuch is a n00b
Okay so how do I install this. My phone is still has the original rom it came with. So I download the file from the OP what next? when I run the file on my computer nothing happens, do I need to put it on my phone?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

dave99 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrid View Post
My Mogul seems to reset the time and date sporadically, making the alarms useless. Any ideas what could be causing this? I am using Garmin XT and pTravelAlarm.

Garmin XT seems to work great, and it is less than 100 dollars

Thanks
motrid
Seems like garmin xt is the culprit. I just started using it also, and it resets my clock to feb 2 each time I start it up. There is a thread on xda about it.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:03 PM
aph
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

aph is a n00b
TomTom won't pick up the GPS signal through NMEA COM 4 unless it's already being used in Live Search or Google Maps. What gives?

EDIT: Got it, Google AstroGPSLauncher

Last edited by aph; 02-07-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul, 700wx

lgt2000 is a n00b
I am running the 3.16.651.0 Rom and everything is working fine while the phone is connected to the computer via USB, as soon as I disconnect it, it restarts by itself and does so repeatedly. It start up to the today screen, stays there for 20-30 seconds and restarts again. I have been searching for about 30 minutes but cant find a solution. Any suggestions?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development