PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ugh, I have a horrible time trying to express myself on forums some times lol I am aware that you can just soft reset to cancel the sprint software installation, but is any of that needed? on the 6700 i didn't need any of that software but i was wondering if any of that is needed on the 6800 to make for instance the gps or texting to work etc etc
Old 02-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
Ugh, I have a horrible time trying to express myself on forums some times lol I am aware that you can just soft reset to cancel the sprint software installation, but is any of that needed? on the 6700 i didn't need any of that software but i was wondering if any of that is needed on the 6800 to make for instance the gps or texting to work etc etc
I haven't heard of any problems or experienced any problems myself by bypassing the customization.

I would recommend, however, letting the cutomization run one time, then hard reset and bypass them the second time.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TyTn

freemobile is a n00b
If i don't customize with Sprint, my internet does not work. Any solutions?
Old 02-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint/SERO

sprinttechy is a n00b
I used the olipro updated spl aand flashed the dcd radio update. Now the phone is stuck on the HTC splash screen.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

suprap7 is a n00b
Seems to be working

Ok, I think I have it working.

First try I rebooted as sprint was trying to install its programs. No luck, could not get GPS or internet to work.

I tried it again, let sprint do its thing, now gps works. However I do not see anything that says Rev A. Is this normal?

Also, I did use windows Vista for the whole process. I had a few issues installing the new rom (had to restart a couple times) but other then that it went smooth.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

pistachiokumquat is a n00b
I would be nice to have one thing workin (that I would use on a daily basis) on the mogul.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

thompsonfam4 is a n00b
This update worked just like a normal one from Sprint or HTC. After starting the update it when through the start up screens with the usual instructions and warnings. It took about 10 min for the update. I had only two resets, one after the update was complete and once after the Sprint customization.
Best of all everything works! Bluetooth (headset and stereo), Voice command, WiFi, and most of all GPS. GPS works best with Live Search and when I use it is is very accurate with 4 to 6 satellites (within 30 sec after the first use.) This is a great upgrade and we I hope we will see the offical realese soon.=D>
My starting conditions were:
Sprint Mogul 2.17 ROM (never unlocked)
Windows XP SP2
Activesync 4.5 with the PDA synced at start
Old 02-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T7272
Carrier: Tmobile

motoyola is a n00b
help mogul

here's my problem. I installed the unlocker to get the MSL of the mogul, it works fine actually. I was able to go in the settings and update PRL and stuff. I wanted to set the unlock code to 000000. How can it be done?

Got Olipro's hard SPL then flashed it with alltel ROM from HTC site. Everything is working fine except when i try to connect it QPST 2.7 build 215 its not recognized.?? I was thinking maybe with QPST i could set the MSL code and change all the parameters that needs to be changed. When i check device manager it shows me HTC USB..... normally it should show me Generic Serial USB and OLBE.. something and it would work like a charm. now it doesn't!!! helf!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Lurker

jjkidd26 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jjkidd26
Help

MY PHONE IS STUCK IN THE BOOT LOADER i tried everything even a regualar hard reset from the soft keys it looks like this except on a titan plz plz plz help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfgmfytztbI

Last edited by jjkidd26; 02-02-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T7272
Carrier: Tmobile

motoyola is a n00b
i saw ur video have you tried flashing it with appropriate RUU? After that it should work fine
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development