PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Mizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mizono Send a message via MSN to Mizono
Flashed ROM sat afternoon. Definitly and improvement. GPS working as is Rev A. Both tested over the weekend. Google maps tracks very well. I have had a few lock ups.Dont know if thats the ROM version or the apps. But the phone does seem quicker in the menus. Apps seem to install faster aswell. Other than a few minor issues im very happy. Much thanks to OP for the update.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalfan View Post
When I try to flash the new ROM I get an error. It goes to the bootlaoder screen and sits there, then I get an Error stating " Image Error, Please Check image "....I'm not sure what to do as I loaded the unlocker and my Bootload screen shows SPL 2.40 Olipro... I'm also using Vista if that means anything....Whats weird is that right after that I can flash the 2.17 ROM with no issues as well as JD's custom 2.17 ROM...... Any ideas ?
Yes the fact that you have Vista is key for this unofficial ROM Update. Vista doesn't have the drivers to install ROMs. Check out this Vista ROM Update. Follow this and you will be able to get out of bootloader. The ROM should run fully on the next attempt. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
Does Mms Work With The New Rom??
It works like a charm with the new unofficial ROM. Mine is up and running.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:28 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjoey35 View Post
Would trying to update it to an older ROM help? I keep getting an Error 328: This Update Utility cannot be used for your PDA phone.
Okay lets make this standard info now. Error 328 indicates the ROM can't be updated for this PDA is due to the lack of drivers for ROM Updates in Vista. Yhis has been posted several times in this thread Vista ROM Update

Last edited by Goddbody; 01-28-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:31 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Here is my report on radio 3.27 & 3.16 updates to my Alltel PPC-6800 running WM6...

Flashing from Custel's V1.1 base 2.14 and radio 1.40 to Dcd's Beta 2.0 w/ 3.16 and radio 3.27. Following the instructions compiled from several threads (following the median), I flashed and after several attempts I was successful. Installation may be flaky or picky depending upon several factors but remain CALM. Basically every error or "stuck at screen" issue can be resolved.

Hard Reset again after successful installation of both. After startup I pressed *228 and then option 3. *228 again and then option 2.

Google Maps & Live Search have been installed, tested and are deemed fully OPERATIONAL; I have consistent performance and tracking in both programs. Basic voice calls have had recieved feedback that reception is clearer and slightly louder. No distortion or call dropping. My device has been re-paired with X3 Micro (handsfree) and BT8010 (handsfree & wireless stereo). Connections remain flawlessly connect and both profiles on the BT8010 load automatically. Music strems clear and without cutoffs or lag.

I have my data set through Schaps ACT to be on ALL the time and my data connection actually idles now; it did not before. Signal reception is slightly stronger and I still have Ev 100% of the time while recieving the 1X for voice calls. Still cannot broswe online and make phone calls at the same time. Email accounts have been set up and send/recieve without incident. WifiRouter connects and works great as well.

Overall device stability is terrific and I cannot report ANY lockups, lag or freezing of device or apps at this time. Device speed within application installing, loading and running appears to be the same. I will continue to monitor and test. I also soft reset my device about once/twice a day to keep the device free and smooth. Battery life appears to be nominal based upon usage but I can get between 26 - 32 hours based on usage from single charge.

Apps installed:
HTC Home 2.0
HTC Customizer 1.0
HTC Album
HTC Audio Manager 1.02
Google Maps 2.0
Live Search
Office 6.1 w/ Adobe
Pocket RAR
PocketCM .19
RCMod 2.1
Schaps ACT 2.0
SKTools 4.1
SPB Pocket Plus
SPB Freecell
Startclean
Total Commander 2.5
Touchflo
TouchfloConfig
TouchPalPro
Triangle Powers 6800 Hacks
TCPMP
Videobundle
WifiRouter

After soft reset--> 23.4/Ram & 138/Rom.

Overall I recommend these updates. Please read all related topics before performing the flashing to the point of confidence with formulation of plan A, B and C contemplated. The rewards are worth the 15 - 45 minutes of planning, flashing, and/or re-flashing. There are numerous threads to assist you with recovering your device from just about every error or lockup. DO NOT PANIC! My installation was not perfect but a few minutes of planning and re-reading, and re-flashing got me back on track and successfully installed. Good luck and enjoy!

Last edited by xweaponx; 01-28-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:59 AM
N00b

CaGe02 is a n00b
i GIVE UP I have tried to do this update but the only time I have ever done anything with my rom was when I first purchased the phone and I updated the rom to 2.17 I cannot find a step by step guide on here whatsoever and it seems as though no one is attempting to put one up.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaGe02 View Post
i GIVE UP I have tried to do this update but the only time I have ever done anything with my rom was when I first purchased the phone and I updated the rom to 2.17 I cannot find a step by step guide on here whatsoever and it seems as though no one is attempting to put one up.
ok let me make a simple one cuz this is not tough.
you seem to be a person who needs everything handed to you so here you go.
1 download the rom
2 if ziped or rar'ed up un zip or un rar.
3 if the file type does not end in exe you may need to add the e on the end.
4 double click the exe.
5 watch and follow the one screen commands. can take 20 mins. phone will reboot a couple times.
6 use.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Try my attempt at a how to bruh at this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16886&page=4
Good luck Post #38
Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
I think after reading 76 pages of posts I came across a few 'step by step' guides. If you updated 2.17 then you can update to this one, simply download the ROM from the first page (I recommend the one missing the 'e' it worked the first time for me). extract it and run it. let Sprint add-ons load up, explore the phone a bit, hard reset again and you can skip the add-ons or just begin using the phone as normal.

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 01-28-2008, 11:13 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Quote:
Don't give up. You just have to try broadening your searching resources...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362848
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16886
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9093

Also read all of the stickys at the top of the Titan forum. Most have been updated with new information regarding the particulars of flashing these updates. The forums here and at XDA are full of 3.16/3.27 questions, tips, tricks, issues, resolutions, etc. As I stated above, plan accordingly and map out everything you will need. Bookmark pages and save any files to your PC that you may need to get out of bootloader/splashscreen, etc.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development