PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
I also can not get Activesnyc to work.

Go to settings/connections/USB to PC/ and uncheck the Enable Advanced Network Functions
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I had GPS working yesterday. Installed s2u2, htc home plugin, HHC, Live Search, Esmertec Jbed, and Opera Mini. Later on the GPS wasn't working at all so today I hard reset and it started working great. So far it was flash, hard reset because I was stupid and didn't let Sprint customizations run, then today hard reset because it was getting sluggish. Sometimes if Gmaps or Live are trying to lock onto GPS, the phone won't respond for a few minutes. Also, I have the same thing still where after a soft reset it takes 5-10 minutes to get a 1x or EVDO signal. It sits on nothing, then roam, then 1x, and then finally Ev. Last thing, I used to be able to roam on Verizon's EvDO on the DC metro but today it wouldn't let me. That kinds sucks because I lose my signal down there otherwise.

I'm now working with a clean version with no Sprint addons. GPS is working inside the house now and it hasn't froze on me in a little while.

I'll be very glad to see the features stay and the bugs worked out in the final release. Even without WinMo 6.1 or any of that, a working version of this ROM will make me very satisfied with my device. I'm not installing my usual customizations right now because I figure I'll end up hard resetting again this week anyway.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Pro

afbond03 is becoming a great contributor
I installed last night, had no problems.I came out to work..which is in a remote place..with only a verizon tower..I have been roaming off there tower with a good connection. Well my phone does not work out here..at all. I was first trying the internet..no dice..I think tried a text..no dice...I then tried a call..of course nothing. My vision profile is not updating automatically..is there a way to go in and input the settings myself..and does anyone have any suggestions on getting my phone to work again.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:52 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Anyone Solve the error with provisioning data services? 1012?
Yes. I just had another fun-filled session with Sprint Customer Service (actually they were quite pleasant) and i grilled them on what went wrong and how to solve a "Data Provisioning error 1012" on my own next time. I'll write something up shortly when I can.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

ViPaDawG is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
Try a hard reset. It seems like most people having GPS trouble say that their problems pretty much go away after doing a hard reset.

My method was this: Flashed the phone, let the sprint customizations run. Hard Reset the phone, let the sprint customizations run. THEN, I hard reset it again, and this time did a soft reset the phone before the customizations could run that time.

But at the very least, try a hard reset. I think that might get you going.
hmm...thanks for the advice. so are the sprint customizations useless as normal? b/c i only let them run thinking that they would somehow aid the GPS in working. but i'll try it without them, and see what happens.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
i just read all 60 pages of this thread. when i can see again i'll try this new rom
Old 01-26-2008, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC "Snap"

matt314159 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPaDawG View Post
hmm...thanks for the advice. so are the sprint customizations useless as normal? b/c i only let them run thinking that they would somehow aid the GPS in working. but i'll try it without them, and see what happens.
The gist i got was that they needed to run at least after the first hard reset, but then after that you could do it w/o them and it would be fine.

Right now after my latest hard reset, I did not let the customizations run and My GPS is working fine and so is RevA. So take what I say with a grain of salt. it just seems like people have the best luck when they hard reset, let the customizations run, and THEN do it again w/o the customizations. Though the logic in that seems weak to me, so i don't even know if I believe what I just said. But it couldn't *hurt* anything, right?
Old 01-26-2008, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Pro

afbond03 is becoming a great contributor
So does anyone know the steps to manually update your vision services?
Old 01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
after ive updating with the SD card is says update complete update success what should I do, should I leave it on that screen will it take care of itself or do I have to do something
Old 01-26-2008, 06:20 PM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
MSID is correct..... MDN?

in the ##3282# there are IPs in there.

What should the User Name be?
MDN = Mobile Device Number = Your phone number (ALWAYS)

MSID = Mobile Subscriber ID = 10 digit number that may or may not be your phone number.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development