PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 02:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: VZW

samuel1613 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-01-11]Tinkerbell's 29019 Titan Rom TBN 39.92 [Verizon/Sprint/MetroPCS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddysousa View Post
Hi Tink! At ur request I tested the media player with the headphones. Nothing strange to report. It just plays like normal. I wonder what is going on with samuel's headphones. Do you have another set of headphones that you can plug straight in (like the usb kind?)?
When I get a moment I will see what I have to work with, I have the standard HTC adapter, when I use that in combination with regular headphones, or headphones with a microphone I have the problem. I also have 2 versions of USB to headphone port adapters, one is a cheap 99 cent chinese product, the other is a reputable adapter that came with a microphone/headphone set. I will try mixing and matching everything, including maybe a third set of headphones and see what I get. I will report back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yea it sounds like a headphone problem to me or at least with the adapter better off just using the HTC USB headset which provides better sound anyway as USB is digital and standard TRS is analog. only the newer HTC TRRS headsets can produce digital sound because of the inline conversions.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Hi Tink! At ur request I tested the media player with the headphones. Nothing strange to report. It just plays like normal. I wonder what is going on with samuel's headphones. Do you have another set of headphones that you can plug straight in (like the usb kind?)?
Thank you for checking on that for me Buddy! It is so nice to have a group working on the common goal of a great Rom!! Thanks!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel1613 View Post
When I get a moment I will see what I have to work with, I have the standard HTC adapter, when I use that in combination with regular headphones, or headphones with a microphone I have the problem. I also have 2 versions of USB to headphone port adapters, one is a cheap 99 cent chinese product, the other is a reputable adapter that came with a microphone/headphone set. I will try mixing and matching everything, including maybe a third set of headphones and see what I get. I will report back.
Okay, sounds great! Thank you for your continued efforts here. I would love to get to the bottom of this issue for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea it sounds like a headphone problem to me or at least with the adapter better off just using the HTC USB headset which provides better sound anyway as USB is digital and standard TRS is analog. only the newer HTC TRRS headsets can produce digital sound because of the inline conversions.
Thank you for your thoughts on the matter Eric. It will be interesting to see what results further testing provides!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Okay, sounds great! Thank you for your continued efforts here. I would love to get to the bottom of this issue for you!!

Thank you for your thoughts on the matter Eric. It will be interesting to see what results further testing provides!
yea most likely it's the adapter he's using as they are very fragile. the one I had for my TP wore out within a couple months.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 - Tinkerbell's 29019 Rom

buddysousa is keeping up the good workbuddysousa is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Tink!! Rumor has it that u r workin on another update? 29020 mabe? Let me no if you need someone to test! TIA
Old 05-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea most likely it's the adapter he's using as they are very fragile. the one I had for my TP wore out within a couple months.
Yes, that could very well be. I guess we will have to wait for the results of his testing! Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Tink!! Rumor has it that u r workin on another update? 29020 mabe? Let me no if you need someone to test! TIA
Hey Buddy! You are correct, I do have this 29020 here that I have been testing. It had a few quirks, but I think we have those ironed out now. If you want to test it as well, I am including the link on the first post! Thank you for your continued interest and support!!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 - Tinkerbell's 29019 Rom

buddysousa is keeping up the good workbuddysousa is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: [5-20-11]Tinkerbell's 29020 Titan Rom TBN 39.94 [Verizon/Sprint/MetroPCS]

Awesome. Downloading now. I will report back with the results and if i have any issues. thank u! i am excited tink!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Re: [5-20-11]Tinkerbell's 29020 Titan Rom TBN 39.94 [Verizon/Sprint/MetroPCS]

That is awesome!! Thank you for your support!! How are things going with the new build? Anything to report?
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development