PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11-1-11]Tinkerbell's 29022 Titan Rom TBN 39.98 [Verizon/Sprint]GPS Toolset

Quote:
Originally Posted by xianki View Post
yes, It was with verizon, but I changed with a cdma company here in mexico, I´ve load the rom, (gps rom verizon), and keep without working =(, i´ve tried the valhalla, serf telus valhalla, another thing that you recomended me to do??, thanks for you help.
Okay, it sounds as though your GPS is suffering from the Verizon MR2 update. I assume that since you said that you 'loaded the rom' that your device is unlocked?

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: ALLTEL

iamnotsunshine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to iamnotsunshine

Ya, I was using it a few years ago on verizon and used BuildOS a few times on it.. I never really had to learn much using that program.. Now I'm trying to use the ##778# to see if I can change things. But I am locked out of that. I got a program that said if I put in my hex esn it would give me that code.. but it didn't work.. Grrr...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Humm... okay. What are you trying to do with your device exactly? We can probably get it figured out with you. There are a lot of brilliant minds around here!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

aaron__b is just getting started

Tinkerbell thanks for still working on this! I don't want to pay for a data plan so I am getting the xv6800 from verizon. I have been checking around and I can't find out how the GPS works exactly. Do I need the data plan? Do I need an active wifi connection? Do I have to buy tomtom or iguidance maps or are there free ones I can use? Or do I just install this software and it takes care of it all?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron__b View Post
Tinkerbell thanks for still working on this! I don't want to pay for a data plan so I am getting the xv6800 from verizon. I have been checking around and I can't find out how the GPS works exactly. Do I need the data plan?
No, you do not need a data plan for your Titan's GPS to function. What you will need is a clear view of the sky and a smile.
Quote:
Do I need an active wifi connection?
No, you do not need a wifi connection, but your device will lock much sooner if you can run the included QuickGPS over your WiFi connection.
Quote:
Do I have to buy tomtom or iguidance maps or are there free ones I can use? Or do I just install this software and it takes care of it all?
Again, your Titan will use a connection to the internet to download maps. If you use the included Bing application and set your destination while you are using an internet connection, you can leave that connection and your Titan will get you there using its own GPS providing the entire map is preloaded. Have fun!! Let us know if you have further questions!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan

StreetsmarT is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Great to see you are still continuing to support wm Tink. Thank you for your efforts around here
Old 11-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Lurker

Thanks for the quick reply Tink and for all the answers to my questions. It's too bad i am just finding out about all this cool mod stuff now...
Old 11-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply Tink and for all the answers to my questions. It's too bad i am just finding out about all this cool mod stuff now...
You are very welcome. It is never too late to start!! Let's go!! There are many here that are always willing to help as we all are on this learning road together!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Lurker

I have another few questions that I can't find satisfactory answers to...
Once I have installed this mod, can I install other windows mobile based applications or will they not work? Do I need to make a kitchen for this? This seems pretty much impossible since ppckitchen is not a thing anymore...
I just have some simple beginner questions, but since the whole titan wiki is down I don't know where to find answers...
HTC Titan - XDA-Developers]

Is there anyway some of the basic tutorial pages could be uploaded somewhere or did they never exist?
Old 12-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
I have another few questions that I can't find satisfactory answers to...
Once I have installed this mod, can I install other windows mobile based applications or will they not work?
Yes, you can install any application you like after flashing this Rom!
Quote:
Do I need to make a kitchen for this?
No, this is the complete Rom. You don't need a kitchen. Detailed flashing instructions are included.
Quote:
I just have some simple beginner questions, but since the whole titan wiki is down I don't know where to find answers...
HTC Titan - XDA-Developers]
Humm... that link seems to be working here.
Quote:
Is there anyway some of the basic tutorial pages could be uploaded somewhere or did they never exist?
There is a wealth of information right here under the stickies!!
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development