PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 11:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 - Tinkerbell's 29019 Rom
Carrier: Verizon

buddysousa is keeping up the good workbuddysousa is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-20-11]Tinkerbell's 29020 Titan Rom TBN 39.94 [Verizon/Sprint/MetroPCS]

Oops... I didn't realize i didn't respond back. Yes, everything is awesome w this new build. I seem to b getting even better battery life now. I can stay above 20mb of program memory with oxios. thank you again Tink! This rom is amazing
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:04 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddysousa View Post
Oops... I didn't realize i didn't respond back. Yes, everything is awesome w this new build. I seem to b getting even better battery life now. I can stay above 20mb of program memory with oxios. thank you again Tink! This rom is amazing
Great!! Thank you for the feedback... I really appreciate it. I am glad all is well for you there with your Titan!! Have a blast!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: VZW

samuel1613 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [5-01-11]Tinkerbell's 29019 Titan Rom TBN 39.92 [Verizon/Sprint/MetroPCS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Yes, that could very well be. I guess we will have to wait for the results of his testing! Thanks for your thoughts!
This is a long story with no real results, unless you are supremely bored, skip it.

Ok, it took me a while but I am now reporting back. As it turns out, regardless of adapter or connection used, when I use "standard" headphones (earbuds, headphones, or speakers over 3.5mm connection) the media player will only play a single song through them once they are "recognized" (by disconnecting reconnecting many times) through the adapter, but upon changing songs, the headphones cease to be recognized, regardless of adapter or headphone. However when I use a cell phone headset (the kind with headphone and mic) the songs continue to play as normal. I believe it has something to do with the way standard headphones connect (if you look at the male end of a 3.5mm male plug on a standard headphone it has TWO distinct black lines creating 3 areas of connection (I'm no EE but I think that's for "left", "right" and "neutral") and if you look at the 3.5mm male plug on a cell phone headset with mic it has THREE distinct black lines creating four areas of connection (again not an EE but I think that's for left, right, mic, and neutral).

All this is to say, my "problem" is, I use my cell phone as a media player/ipod, and I use one of those old school cassette to 3.5mm plugs in my car to connect my cell phone to my car to play music through my cassette deck (cue grandpa jokes). With the way this thing is functioning, I cannot make the phone play through that connection. It's really weird because with the previous rom I had on my previous titan (DCD) it would work as intended, I could use standard headphones or the 3.5mm plug on my cassette adapter, and listen to music all day, but with this rom (and new phone) it doesn't work as before. I cannot imagine why the rom would act differently in this one area because I am guessing the programmers of the rom wouldn't go tweaking something as minor as how the phone responds to connections via headphone.

Again long story even longer, this is a VERY particular "problem" only to me, and not worth looking into, but I just wanted to close it out as a minor "bug" (or consider it a "feature" that prevents me from fiddling with my phone while driving!)

Thanks all, I am still working this ROM over, and occasionally it stalls out/locks up, but for the most part it is a champ. If I find any repeatable bugs that are actually worth working on, I will let you know.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:30 PM
N00b

Well, that is certnly interesting. That sounds a bit frustrating. I would b curious to see if a stock rom, or another Rom would fix the issue.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Humm... that is interesting. I am at a total loss. Thank you for the update. If any other of the developers have any suggestions about this I would love to hear from you!!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: VZW

samuel1613 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

On a related note, what's the best way to backup my phone for going to tink's latest rom?

And what does the backup support?
Installed programs?
Texts/SMS/MMS?
Installed programs and their related files (i.e. inav and its related maps, or e-sword and its related bibles)
pics, docs, music, notes?
Old 06-06-2011, 04:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel1613 View Post
On a related note, what's the best way to backup my phone for going to tink's latest rom?

And what does the backup support?
Installed programs?
Texts/SMS/MMS?
Installed programs and their related files (i.e. inav and its related maps, or e-sword and its related bibles)
pics, docs, music, notes?
i like "my phone" and spb.
http://spb.com/pocketpc-software/backup/
http://sn1-p2.myphone.microsoft.com/...t.po?mkt=en-US
Old 06-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Thank you for your post Darren!! Woo!! =]=] Samuel, let us know which one you decide to use and how it works out for you. There are many that ask this same question... it would be good to have additional feedback about the matter.
I always just use the PIMBackup that is included with this Rom. Thanks for the post!!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Re: [6-07-11]Tinkerbell's 29020 Titan Rom TBN 39.94 [Verizon/Sprint/MetroPCS]

The Tinkerbell's Verizon GPS Toolset v1.23 is now available on the first post. We fixed a few bugs, and updated the Rom. Post any issues you find here on this thread. Enjoy.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:59 AM
N00b

Re: [6-07-11]Tinkerbell's 29020 Titan Rom TBN 39.94 [Verizon/Sprint/MetroPCS]

Wow! Thx 4 the upgrade to the toolset tinkerbell. Will I gain anything by running v1.23 on this titan? I have alrdy run the v1.22

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development