PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [6-07-11]Tinkerbell's 29020 Titan Rom TBN 39.94 [Verizon/Sprint/MetroPCS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddysousa View Post
Wow! Thx 4 the upgrade to the toolset tinkerbell. Will I gain anything by running v1.23 on this titan? I have alrdy run the v1.22
Hey Buddy! I am glad that you asked that question. The answer is no. Once you have unlocked the GPS function on your Titan, you are all set. The only reason you would have to run the toolset through again was if you applied the Verizon MR2 update again to your device on accident. Thank you for your question!! Carry on boldly!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

ruthienu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am planning on buying a vx6800 because it is one of the only smartphones that verizon doesn't require a data plan with.Can you turn off the data access in this rom? I would like to know before attempting to flash it

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Hey ruthienu! I took the data switch in the Sprint version out, but if this is the only thing holding you back, I would consider putting up a version with the switch added back. Let me know!!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Lurker

I would l love to have the switch put back as I really need it to prevent accidental charges. Thanks a million!

Old 06-28-2011, 07:20 AM
Lurker

I tried to download the gps tools and those links don't seem to work. Sorry for being such a noob but I wanted to be sure that I don't need to flash a radio for the verizon version.I just run olipro to unlock then flash rom and then run gps tools? Also wondering if I could get the rom with the ability to turn data off. Thanks!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Hi! Check your Private Messages!! To answer your questions, you don't need the GPS toolset as this is for Verizon users ONLY. Yes, you will just unlock and then flash the Tinkerbell's Sprint Rom!! (That is, if you are with Sprint as your profile suggests!) I am working on your version with the data switch.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Lurker

Sorry about that didn't check my private messages. My profile says Sprint but I am now going to switch to verizon with a titan so I need the verizon version. Sorry for the confusion. I really appreciate it!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthienu View Post
Sorry about that didn't check my private messages. My profile says Sprint but I am now going to switch to verizon with a titan so I need the verizon version. Sorry for the confusion. I really appreciate it!
Oh... okkay. I finished with your Sprint Rom with the data switch. I guess I will keep that one in case someone else would like that. I will get to working on the Verizon version, but there are a few projects ahead of that one now. Stay tuned!! Thank you again for your interest!

BTW - Is your Titan an original Verizon phone?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Lurker

The phone is definitely an original verizon phone as it has verizon printed on it. So I guess I also need the gps toolset which for some reason I cannot download!
Thanks
Old 06-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Lurker

Tinkerbell,
For now I flashed the old ROM but I did not realize you had to flash a radio first as it does not say so in your instructions. When I looked at GPS toolset it shows to flash a radio first can I flash the radio after the ROM?
Any help for this noob would be appreciated! Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development